Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 15, 2014, 04:58 AM
Another one bites the Dust
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2013
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaa View Post
I agree with you that this is bad design. But given this fact, this is perhaps a nice way of recording the correct plane level

- Record level on ground with no trims
- Bring the plane up, and if necessary, trim up the plane using the RC to level it perfectly
- Take the plane down and re-record level including the new trims

Of course, if you need more than a couple of clicks on the trim (as I did), you should always trim up the plane mechanically. (Ive learned )

t
Well that's the thing you don't set level with this ap. You set neutral servo position. That's why its so critical to get the ap as close to level on install. And it might have a error of 15 so even if its installed at a 10 angle it flies level as long as you trim the plane and tell it the neutral servo dor this.
shadowolfs is offline Find More Posts by shadowolfs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2014, 08:29 AM
Fatalities caused by FPV: Zero
United States, OR, Springfield
Joined Jun 2011
505 Posts
I have a quick question that I think one of you knowledgeable people can answer easily.

I want to be able to look at my OSD latitude and longitude info,
type it into Google Earth using the correct format,
and have Google Earth simply move to the exact position so I can
see where my plane is at at any given time during flight.

For some reason, whenever I try to punch this info into Google Earth,
I am taken to a location that is obviously NOT my real world position,
yet it is within 50 miles or so.

Can one of you guys do something for me?

1) Look at the OSD info in the pic below.
2) Punch the lat and longitude into Google Earth,
3) Find exactly where my plane was at when the screen capture was taken.
4) BONUS: Upload a pic in your reply, showing an "X" where you believe I am.
5) Most important: Tell me EXACTLY what you typed into Google Earth's
search box to find my location?

I have tried the below search text, but Google Earth takes me to the wrong place:

w 122.59193 n 44.04210

What am I doing wrong?

I suspect it is because the FY31ap is giving decimal coordinates, and I am using the
wrong syntax or something? Maybe I have to convert to minutes/seconds/degrees first?
glassdogangle is offline Find More Posts by glassdogangle
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:26 AM
Another one bites the Dust
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2013
372 Posts
I can't try it but try converting
http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/b...S-decimal.html
And try this reading

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1664005
shadowolfs is offline Find More Posts by shadowolfs
Old Jun 21, 2014, 03:15 PM
I love my HammerHead wing...
Joined Jun 2012
644 Posts
FY31AP RTL testing

And a small vid that shows RTL with RCTx completely OFF.

FPV HammerHead flying autonomously with FY31AP Autopilot. (2 min 57 sec)

So, at least, that proves that the way we do the Neutral Record, will get our planes back.
To remind the way it was done, I just recorded Neutral on ground with DS 4 set to ON and my Wing in a small positive AOA position.

Sakis
sgrouts is offline Find More Posts by sgrouts
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2014, 05:48 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,595 Posts
I think I am about ready to give up on my FY31AP, I have tried it across 3 birds now and it has NEVER worked properly. First the bixler, it would RTH, Circle, ETC but never very well. Put it in the super Sky Surfer, pretty much same exact results, it will RTH and circle dirty and forget stabilization, it will ALWAYS roll to one way or the other, and never hold level altitude on elevator. Just put it in my Juggernaut Delta Wing, same exact stuff, will ALMOST stay level. I just spent about 5 or 6 flights adjusting the gains, doesn't seem to do much of nadda. Leveleling it on the ground. leveling it in the air, makes no real difference. I can get it to where it's flying perfectly straight, set level, and after about 5 or 6 seconds it will slowly start falling into the left or right hand turn, and usually start losing altitude. If I put it in circle mode it will circle about 360 degrees then go into an ever-worsening down elevator until you have to turn it off to avoid going into a nose dive.

If anyone has any concepts on what could fix this, please let me know, otherwise I think it's time to consider a new AP.
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Recent Juggernaut Flights