HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6 View Post
i wish u can just change the rec. but you have to change everything.Do u know what servo fits and has the same teeth has the stock so i can hook the guy up like stock.all u guys live on the other side of the world that hooks these bikes up.
Go back through the last few pages I show the set up I use on a stock bike for steering works great too. Throttlejunkie put a vid I made up to check it out
Davie79 is offline Find More Posts by Davie79
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:27 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
i wish u can just change the rec. but you have to change everything.Do u know what servo fits and has the same teeth has the stock so i can hook the guy up like stock.all u guys live on the other side of the world that hooks these bikes up.
The stock servo does not have teeth, look here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=931

it shows what servo i use & how i mount it but that is on a fully modded bike, i don't think you can change just the servo as the stock electrics are all integrated.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Thanks mate, you are Andy2no.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Do you guys still run the factory weight in the rider with the direct steering? I was thinking about taking it out. Might not turn as hard and stay off the crash bar. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:37 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie79 View Post
Got my Honda today so I took it for a run before I do any mods. The cornering is so bad compared to the Ducati with direct steering. But I think the Honda is a much better looking bike but one thing why do the Hondas have 2 tail pipes?
Good to see it got there ok mate, the honda is a better looking bike the repsol livery always looks good.
Yeah direct steer is a lot better control, just a tip if you don't already know with direct steer when the crash bar touches the ground while turning if you hold the steering the bike will lean over but want to go straight so what you do is let go of the steering so it returns to center & the bike will turn & you can use the throttle to stand it back up.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:39 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys still run the factory weight in the rider with the direct steering? I was thinking about taking it out. Might not turn as hard and stay off the crash bar. Any thoughts?
I take the weight out of my riders with direct steer you need as much lean angle as possible to stay off the bars you may need to make new bars or try & bend the stock bars up more if you can my rider scrapes his toes sometimes.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
I take the weight out of my riders with direct steer you need as much lean angle as possible to stay off the bars you may need to make new bars or try & bend the stock bars up more if you can my rider scrapes his toes sometimes.
He carnt go any lower with out his foot or knee hitting man. I'll have to take the weight out and give it a go. Thank mate
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Good to see it got there ok mate, the honda is a better looking bike the repsol livery always looks good.
Yeah direct steer is a lot better control, just a tip if you don't already know with direct steer when the crash bar touches the ground while turning if you hold the steering the bike will lean over but want to go straight so what you do is let go of the steering so it returns to center & the bike will turn & you can use the throttle to stand it back up.
Yeah I worked that out its funny as how it works hey man?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:53 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I worked that out its funny as how it works hey man?
Yeah counter steer is hard to get your head around at first but you get it eventually, the counter steer leans the bike into the corner & when you let go of the steering the wheel does turn in the direction you would think because of the slack in your lines.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
took the bike apart wow easy now i put one of my xmod atennas on it maybe get a liitle more feet.The problem im having is taking out the gear so i can put bearings in it
yamar6 is online now Find More Posts by yamar6
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
I worked out that the direct steering on a stock bike is no good! Better off just puting weights in the rider. Not enough speed for the direct steering to work properly. It just wants to flop side to side. I can get it going pretty good but hardly any turn on the RX witch means the rider don't hardly move. Time to start on a full mod I think.
How long will it take to get lipos and charger from hobby king ? I'm still waiting?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
i live in NJ USA and it takes less then 12 days....Im going to try life packs
yamar6 is online now Find More Posts by yamar6
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
i live in NJ USA and it takes less then 12 days....Im going to try life packs
Ah that's ok then it only been 7 days and I'm in oz
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Is anyone even still using this feed? I feel like I'm talking to myself. My YouTube hits are going up so people are looking! So if you like please say something or post a comment or something ? I'm sick of talking to myself. If you don't like me and my vids then tell me to shut up. Otherwise let me know what you think . Don't just take my setup and not say thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
You're welcome, Throttlejunkie

I think this thread is a bit of a minority sport now, Davie79, probably because the bikes aren't readily available to many people. Personally, I don't mod mine, but I do enjoy reading other people's mods, and I have less successful bigger bikes I mean to work on one day, so the engineering tips are useful.

FWIW, I hadn't seen any of your youtube videos so I've decided to add links here - few people will see them otherwise. There's a lot of them though.

Your full collection is here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Gdavie1

The steering mod ones I can see are:

Stock 1/12 silverlit direct steering mod (1 min 10 sec)

Stock 1/12 silverlit direct steering mod (0 min 47 sec)

And there's another mod one, from a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bDdkNcr2gA

EDIT: Sorry, I see that's for a 1/5 bike. I pasted it in without watching it first. I'll leave it there for now though.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Last edited by Andy2No; Sep 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM.