21,028 Posts
HK henge clones would likely work
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:01 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Might be a good idea in the future if we get some list somewhere with compatible servo's.. So you don't have to go through multiple pages to find something..
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
If going the futaba route.....i don't see why these wouldn't do the job Futaba S3157 same size as the other ones listed above but metal gears. Only bad thing is the set almost costs as much as the heli itself.
I put in a set of Futaba 3114s when my V200D03's ELE servo stripped. They're plastic geared and analog but they're almost the same price as the stock servos and much higher quality. I have had a little trouble with the 3114's not holding their subtrim with the RX2618 but they do hold their centers so I just adjust mechanically. It's hard to want to wrench on a disgruntled V200 when I have my T-Rex 250 that's flying perfectly next to it on the shelf
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
I put in a set of Futaba 3114s when my V200D03's ELE servo stripped. They're plastic geared and analog but they're almost the same price as the stock servos and much higher quality. I have had a little trouble with the 3114's not holding their subtrim with the RX2618 but they do hold their centers so I just adjust mechanically. It's hard to want to wrench on a disgruntled V200 when I have my T-Rex 250 that's flying perfectly next to it on the shelf
The V200D03 I'll be receiving shortly also has S3114 servos installed. Though the previous owner is giving me the two remaining stock servos, I suspect they'll either end up in the trash or as gear donors if I also pick up one of these. I would think that S3114's should work in the Master CP, particularly since the stock servos are used in both birds.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
The V200D03 I'll be receiving shortly also has S3114 servos installed. Though the previous owner is giving me the two remaining stock servos, I suspect they'll either end up in the trash or as gear donors if I also pick up one of these. I would think that S3114's should work in the Master CP, particularly since the stock servos are used in both birds.
Interesting, let me know how well they managed to get the servos to 90 and whether you can get it to take subtrim properly on the 2618. I may try the digital 3154s eventually too.

Honestly I'd just throw out the stock servos, they arn't worth risking a crash on. I had about 10 easy flights on mine when I lost the ELE servo coming out of a piro and had to dodge the incoming heli. Thinking about it later, it seems like the only thing I did that might have damaged the servo was moving the blades to put them in their blade holder for storage. That shouldn't break servos, I don't care how cheap they are.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
Interesting, let me know how well they managed to get the servos to 90 and whether you can get it to take subtrim properly on the 2618. I may try the digital 3154s eventually too.

Honestly I'd just throw out the stock servos, they arn't worth risking a crash on. I had about 10 easy flights on mine when I lost the ELE servo coming out of a piro and had to dodge the incoming heli. Thinking about it later, it seems like the only thing I did that might have damaged the servo was moving the blades to put them in their blade holder for storage. That shouldn't break servos, I don't care how cheap they are.
again, these are the same size, same specs but cheaper Futaba S3157. I can't see any major difference btwn this and the 3154s.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Quote:
again, these are the same size, same specs but cheaper Futaba S3157. I can't see any major difference btwn this and the 3154s.
3157's are ~2mm taller versus, the 3154/3114's. The 3157 also has thicker and wider tabs on it which would likely need modification. Given that walkera essentially cloned the 3114 casing for it's 200 sized helis you may as well use the ones that are a good fit. Note that the 3114's are just a fraction of a mm smaller than the WK stock servos so you have to shim them with some tape if they're not screwed down.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,259 Posts
thx for the info, i think i may roll with the hitec 5055's personally, only a tiny bit less torque but faster and about half the cost. Seems like a decent buy even if i may have to mod them a little bit.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:53 PM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
Just for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post

The diameter of the main shaft appears to be 3.0mm. It may be possible to use V200D03 parts and vice-versa.
Ok i just measured the main shaft dia and its 4mm. I don't have V200D03 but did order its head to convert my 4F200 into two blade heli and after comparing 'em it appears to me that the head parts of both helis are inter-changeable like rotor head, main blade grips, swashplate, feathering shaft etc.

I've few Tarot 250 tail booms lying around which are 8mm in dia, same as master cp boom though i guess there length would be the same as well but can't confirm as it would require me to dis-mental my master cp tail boom.

Master CP main blades are 210mm in length from root to tip and 200m from bolt hole to tip.
Firewolf is offline Find More Posts by Firewolf
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post
Ok i just measured the main shaft dia and its 4mm. I don't have V200D03 but did order its head to convert my 4F200 into two blade heli and after comparing 'em it appears to me that the head parts of both helis are inter-changeable like rotor head, main blade grips, swashplate, feathering shaft etc.

I've few Tarot 250 tail booms lying around which are 8mm in dia, same as master cp boom though i guess there length would be the same as well but can't confirm as it would require me to dis-mental my master cp tail boom.

Master CP main blades are 210mm in length from root to tip and 200m from bolt hole to tip.
Do you happen to know the thickness of the blade root? Or can you try test fitting the Master CP blades to your V200 head?
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:59 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
I got quite a few of these E-Sky heli servos in my spare box. I use them for my foamies. They are not the greatest, but they work fine.
I wonder if they could be used as replacement.

- http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-000155-EK...item19d036378a
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Sep 07, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I got quite a few of these E-Sky heli servos in my spare box. I use them for my foamies. They are not the greatest, but they work fine.
I wonder if they could be used as replacement.

- http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-000155-EK...item19d036378a
They should work, they are the correct size.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Thanks.
That's really good to know. I've been using them for a while. They have good gear resolution compared to the other cheap ones. They could sometimes jitter from wear, but that is after countless flights. Double sided foam tape might also work if mounting is an issue.
-Spyro.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Sep 07, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,260 Posts
Quote:
It seems the Henge 922MG's will also work and this would probably give a pretty bulletproof setup. Btw, you shouldn't be able to strip a servo that's not under power unless you are being pretty rough on it because the gears would simply spin. Your servo was probably already pretty much gone.
What about this?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...11s_1_5kg.html

I've had good results with it's big brother the HG-D260 with the G31 in my 450 sport, I can turn gains up to 6:00 where most people are running the gains around 3:00. Quality-wise they are very well made servos too. (you have to log in to see the real price on these btw)

There's a metal gear version of this but it's slower.

You should always be very gentle when you have to turn a servo by hand (and realistically sometimes you have to) because you can elongate the holes that retain the pins or bend the pins themselves if you turn it too fast.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 07, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
What about this?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...11s_1_5kg.html

I've had good results with it's big brother the HG-D260 with the G31 in my 450 sport, I can turn gains up to 6:00 where most people are running the gains around 3:00. Quality-wise they are very well made servos too. (you have to log in to see the real price on these btw)

There's a metal gear version of this but it's slower.

You should always be very gentle when you have to turn a servo by hand (and realistically sometimes you have to) because you can elongate the holes that retain the pins or bend the pins themselves if you turn it too fast.
I was thinking of this digital MG servos. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10965 , then use a double sided foam tape to mount it.
Quote from one of the reviews:
I mean I REALLY ABUSED them! ############################ Turned them with force by hand during operation - many times! After 10 times one slipped in the gears, but ... after I put my hand away it still worked like the others had same hold-force again. Tried it a few times more...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build