SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:44 AM
cellulose laminate reinforced
Joined Mar 2011
55 Posts
my V911 on T9xV2 was going right on forward elevator about 20 deg off forward and also wobbling in hover
not sure I have it "perfect" yet, there is still some wobble
i had to remove tail rotor to clean gunk and fibres from tail shaft and noticed canopy rubbing on servo arms temporary fix was to just ease the canopy out to the ends of the pins
test flew in some tricky breezes but it seemed a lot better
DoctorSpin is offline Find More Posts by DoctorSpin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:49 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,553 Posts
My first V911 just arrived....but something stinky, I think its a clone...due on the canopy there is "COPTER" instead of the genuine "CORTER"....

Need to finish some websites first, and I could try it at night...
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
My first V911 just arrived....but something stinky, I think its a clone...due on the canopy there is "COPTER" instead of the genuine "CORTER"....

Need to finish some websites first, and I could try it at night...
My v911 also has COPTER saying on the canopy
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post
My v911 also has COPTER saying on the canopy
I know, just kidding mate! The early V911 models has the "genius" CORTER typo on the canopy...and after that they have corrected it...
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:19 AM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Mine also says Copter, bought from Banggood, and flies great for a FP heli.
So happy with it that I ordered a spare.
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:38 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
My one and only (for now, anyway) v911 trends to spin during rapid throttle changes. While it's generally much more stable than my mSRx, this is noticeably worse. Is this fixable, or just inherent in the design?
make sure the tail blade is not pressed against the motor to much.Also a bent or loose fly bar may cause some spinning.Sometimes the gyro goes bad causing fast spins.Try rotating the copter by hand with the throttle on.There should be a change in tail speed.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
My one and only (for now, anyway) v911 trends to spin during rapid throttle changes. While it's generally much more stable than my mSRx, this is noticeably worse. Is this fixable, or just inherent in the design?
Which way does it spin?

Besides the other suggestions made, also check for a loose tail blade. I have found the the stock ones almost always get a crack in the hub, even if you never hit the tail on anything. Then it will start to slip on the shaft after a while. Aftermarket have been much better.

LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Dec 06, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
Off topic but is there any way to sort the post on the thread so the last one is first? would make it easier to read.

On the tail motor I like to blow on blade to see if it is binding and check condition of motor brushes.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
new to forum, newbe question

Ordered a v911 from Xheli thanksgiving day, came in last friday so have been flying it almost a week. Flew fixed wing for 22 years but have been away from it for awhile. Have started getting more aggressive with my flying, but have found a problem making banked turns. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it is something to do with the nature of fixed pitch flight. Have only had this happen in a left bank, but it seems the copter gets so far up on it's side in the turn that I can't get it to right itself, even with opposite aileron input at the end of the turn. The copter just wants to slide on its side nose down and won't come out of the bank. Drops like a rock and slides sideways into the ground. Don't have it do this in right banked turns, am I doing something wrong or is this from rotor torque? Thanks for any help you might offer.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:32 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Off topic but is there any way to sort the post on the thread so the last one is first? would make it easier to read.
Yep, look in your profile settings under Settings & Options -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Mode
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:35 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2006
87 Posts
Does your blades say BORKEN instead of BROKEN?
jonspurs is offline Find More Posts by jonspurs
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:39 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hey Ricomon

just trying to understand something here. I recently heard that if you put on a larger tail rotor it'll slow down the RPMs , making the motor work harder to try and keep the torque and possibly shortening motor life.

Does this mean that the motors are generally optimised for the size of rotor they are supposed to have, and any mod - either smaller or larger - will have an adverse effect on the motor?
That is most likely correct. ...assuming the manufacturer did the design correct in the first place.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:45 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
Ordered a v911 from Xheli thanksgiving day, came in last friday so have been flying it almost a week. Flew fixed wing for 22 years but have been away from it for awhile. Have started getting more aggressive with my flying, but have found a problem making banked turns. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it is something to do with the nature of fixed pitch flight. Have only had this happen in a left bank, but it seems the copter gets so far up on it's side in the turn that I can't get it to right itself, even with opposite aileron input at the end of the turn. The copter just wants to slide on its side nose down and won't come out of the bank. Drops like a rock and slides sideways into the ground. Don't have it do this in right banked turns, am I doing something wrong or is this from rotor torque? Thanks for any help you might offer.
Hard to fathom you can bank to an unrecoverable attitude w/ the stock flybar, unless the weights are off. Are you saying all left banks are difficult to recover from, or just the "more aggressive" ones?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Just the more aggresive ones. Have had a calm day here in Tn today so have gotten to fly several times, think I may have been over controlling. Have not had the problem since I posted earlier. I may have just had to much aileron rolled in on those turns. As my confidence grows I have been pushing the little bird harder, may have gotten ahead of my learning curve. Also happened near the same place close to a cedar tree, may have gotten some weird currents off that tree. Thanks for the reply.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:03 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
Have only had this happen in a left bank, but it seems the copter gets so far up on it's side in the turn that I can't get it to right itself, even with opposite aileron input at the end of the turn. The copter just wants to slide on its side nose down and won't come out of the bank. Drops like a rock and slides sideways into the ground. Don't have it do this in right banked turns, am I doing something wrong or is this from rotor torque? Thanks for any help you might offer.
I've seen the same thing, myself. I've experienced it in left and right turns, though. For me it's always been after a high speed straight. If I don't "pull up" slightly before a steeply banked turn, it's almost as if the air gets on top of the blades, and it dives pretty hard. I don't know how to recover from the dive, but a little back stick right before the banked turn seems to eliminate it for me.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon