HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2011, 09:29 AM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Question
JR x9503 full camber setting?

Hi,
I just got my new JR x9503 and I am trying to get full wing camber/reflex (flaps and ailerons). However, the radio has a mix "Flap Rate" that works with flaps only. There is a "Flappeorn mix" which is suppose to affect flapperons and elevator but doesn't work for me.

I set it up to work ailerons alone and ailerons with flaps (ful wing), differncials, I can get full crawl/butterfly and camber/reflex for each flight mode (cruise, speed and thermal) but for flaps only.

Is there anything I am missing?
rappaz is offline Find More Posts by rappaz
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2011, 10:05 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,868 Posts
Rappaz,
Try the trimmer switch on the right side to raise and drop the ailerons in each flight mode. LJ
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Old May 03, 2011, 05:52 PM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappaz View Post
Hi,
I just got my new JR x9503 and I am trying to get full wing camber/reflex (flaps and ailerons). However, the radio has a mix "Flap Rate" that works with flaps only. There is a "Flappeorn mix" which is suppose to affect flapperons and elevator but doesn't work for me.

I set it up to work ailerons alone and ailerons with flaps (ful wing), differncials, I can get full crawl/butterfly and camber/reflex for each flight mode (cruise, speed and thermal) but for flaps only.

Is there anything I am missing?
You can set it up in each flight mode, you must setup the Flap rate first them set up the flapron mix to match the flaps, you have to out in a large amount of mix before you can see the surface move, and like Larry said it is operated using the slider switch in the up and down directions. Thants what the manual says.
You can also do it the butterfly mix using the butterfly switch and the throttle stick.
Sherman knight wrote an excellant article about the 9303 which might help: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1459
Raed
raed5 is offline Find More Posts by raed5
Old May 04, 2011, 11:48 PM
USA, FL, Milton
Joined Jul 2008
119 Posts
Just to clarify, there are two flap and aileron camber adjustments.

The first are the Pre-sets that go with each flight mode (Launch, Cruise, Thermal, etc.). These surface deflections are set with the two momentary switches on the top row either side of the antenna mount. The LH one sets the flaps, the RH one the ailerons.

For example, if you want to set Launch camber put the Flight Mode switch you've selected for Launch into the Launch position. Now set the flaps to the Launch position (say 5 mm down) with the LH switch and the ailerons to the Launch position (say 5 mm to match) with the RH switch. Now as you flip the Launch switch on and off and the display changes modes you should see the flaps and ailerons follow.

The Flap Rate and Flaperon Mix adjustments are connected to the LH rotary slider and are used to add or take off surface deflection in any flight mode. Going back to Launch mode you can, for example, add or take off flap and aileron to compensate for wind conditions at launch. Having set Launch configuration, open the Flap Rate menu, pull the LH rotary slider down and set the additional down flap travel you want in the Flap Rate menu. Move the slider to the full up position and set the up flap travel. Always set Flap Rate first. Now do the same in the Flaperon Mix menu for the ailerons. It will always take 100% or more flaperon to get enough aileron travel to match flaps.

For some reason unknown to me you'll sometimes need to use the opposite setting to the slider to adjust flaperon. Slider down, adjust flaperon up values for example. So don't give up if nothing seems to be happening, just try the opposite.

As others have pointed out Sherman Knight's 9303 sailplane addendum is very useful in setting up complex glider configurations. Well worth reading and following.

Hope this helps a little.

lc
liftchaser is offline Find More Posts by liftchaser
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:54 PM
United States, CA, Hesperia
Joined Mar 2009
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftchaser View Post
Just to clarify, there are two flap and aileron camber adjustments.

The first are the Pre-sets that go with each flight mode (Launch, Cruise, Thermal, etc.). These surface deflections are set with the two momentary switches on the top row either side of the antenna mount. The LH one sets the flaps, the RH one the ailerons.

For example, if you want to set Launch camber put the Flight Mode switch you've selected for Launch into the Launch position. Now set the flaps to the Launch position (say 5 mm down) with the LH switch and the ailerons to the Launch position (say 5 mm to match) with the RH switch. Now as you flip the Launch switch on and off and the display changes modes you should see the flaps and ailerons follow.

The Flap Rate and Flaperon Mix adjustments are connected to the LH rotary slider and are used to add or take off surface deflection in any flight mode. Going back to Launch mode you can, for example, add or take off flap and aileron to compensate for wind conditions at launch. Having set Launch configuration, open the Flap Rate menu, pull the LH rotary slider down and set the additional down flap travel you want in the Flap Rate menu. Move the slider to the full up position and set the up flap travel. Always set Flap Rate first. Now do the same in the Flaperon Mix menu for the ailerons. It will always take 100% or more flaperon to get enough aileron travel to match flaps.

For some reason unknown to me you'll sometimes need to use the opposite setting to the slider to adjust flaperon. Slider down, adjust flaperon up values for example. So don't give up if nothing seems to be happening, just try the opposite.

As others have pointed out Sherman Knight's 9303 sailplane addendum is very useful in setting up complex glider configurations. Well worth reading and following.

Hope this helps a little.

lc
I know you posted this a long time ago but this tip about the momentary switches for Flap and Aileron trim was what I needed to know and did not find it anywhere else. thank you.
Rick
GotLift9369 is offline Find More Posts by GotLift9369
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:30 AM
If it flies - I want one!
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,058 Posts
Camber menu

The other trick that took me back to the instructions last week is that the Camber menu is hidden behind the Monitor screen - select Monitor, then click again and the Camber settings are revealed.
Logic would then say you could modify the settings there, but no - back to the instructions to see that the little trim switches are used to set the values in each flight mode.
Easy once you know where the little beggars are hiding, and what makes them change their tiny minds!
Cheers,
PeteM
Petem is online now Find More Posts by Petem