HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2014, 05:50 AM
Joined Mar 2009
43 Posts
i just assumed it would be at the right height. I haven't verified it but it works fine so far.
Two-Six is offline Find More Posts by Two-Six
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2014, 06:30 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Six View Post
i just assumed it would be at the right height. I haven't verified it but it works fine so far.
But how did you use it? I put mine on top of the swashplate and the arms rest on the top of the linkages.
Electromagnetic is offline Find More Posts by Electromagnetic
Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:03 AM
Joined Mar 2009
43 Posts
oops..your right I pictured using it upside down. Its been a while since I used it :-)

I thought it did set the height by resting on the frame with the legs pointing up but perhaps it doesn't work like that.

I have found some more stuff that might be useful.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=368517

"Some have had the same question as I did about the lengths of the links on the B450.

Well got this today and thought I'd share:

Hello Palmer,
Below is the response from Mikel Graham, the developer for the 450 3D.
Here are approximate values, but the videos should be explanation
enough.
Subtrim the control arms first until they are level, then adjust the
linkages.

Left swash link: 55.73 mm
Front swash link: 49.74 mm
Right swash link: 43.95 mm
Swash to main blades: 61.38 mm

Hope this may help someone else."

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=415707

"The Blade swash leveler sets it at 15mm"
Two-Six is offline Find More Posts by Two-Six
Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:24 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Six View Post
oops..your right I pictured using it upside down. Its been a while since I used it :-)

I thought it did set the height by resting on the frame with the legs pointing up but perhaps it doesn't work like that.

I have found some more stuff that might be useful.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=368517

"Some have had the same question as I did about the lengths of the links on the B450.

Well got this today and thought I'd share:

Hello Palmer,
Below is the response from Mikel Graham, the developer for the 450 3D.
Here are approximate values, but the videos should be explanation
enough.
Subtrim the control arms first until they are level, then adjust the
linkages.

Left swash link: 55.73 mm
Front swash link: 49.74 mm
Right swash link: 43.95 mm
Swash to main blades: 61.38 mm

Hope this may help someone else."

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=415707

"The Blade swash leveler sets it at 15mm"
I've been using those links height also in my last rebuild as refences/inital measurement and setting pitch to mid (50%) stick for levelling the swash. Its becomes a routine method for me.
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old May 03, 2014, 09:44 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,870 Posts
Altitude Management.

I am having a tough time keeping the 450 at a constant height. Any correction I try to make with the stick results in popping up or dropping down too much.
Old May 03, 2014, 10:03 AM
Joined Dec 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohnsen View Post
I am having a tough time keeping the 450 at a constant height. Any correction I try to make with the stick results in popping up or dropping down too much.
Is your pitch range correctly set up?
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old May 03, 2014, 10:07 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deonjams View Post
Is your pitch range correctly set up?
I believe so.
Old May 03, 2014, 10:15 AM
Joined Dec 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohnsen View Post
I believe so.
Mine is really stable. About to convert to a fbl setup. If it was 450x behavior, then understandable. Perhaps flatten your pitch curve on your radio and try again. What are your settings?
Old May 03, 2014, 10:46 AM
Where's the swimming pool
Joined Jul 2011
987 Posts
If it's windy and you're being gusted, unfortunately not much you can do about that but correct for it. I hate gusty wind. Fly a bit higher, but yeah, it's a 450 and to me they disappear if they're too far away, given my lame eyes. I feel your pain. I hate windy days.

What you can do is however is make sure you have as little slop in your head as you can and make the setup as perfect as you can. I thought I'd say that cos I believe you've had your 450 3D for a while. The linkages can wear and slop anywhere is bad.

If you think your left thumb (mode 2) is giving you hassles, reduce the collective on the swash mix (CCPM), say maybe 9 collective will give you more resolution on the stick.

The other thing you can do, depending on your radio, is try and soften the pitch curve with some 'expo'. I don't really like softening the curve though, I prefer a nice straight linear.

You could also check and see if you're holding the stick ideally for you. May have to shorten or lengthen the stick depending on your preference. I like short sticks but I use the thumbs, pinchers I guess might like longer sticks. You may also want to adjust stick tension, I dunno what you like. I happen to think pinching the sticks is a little bit more precise.
spykez is online now Find More Posts by spykez
Old May 03, 2014, 11:40 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,870 Posts
Quote:
Mine is really stable. About to convert to a fbl setup. If it was 450x behavior, then understandable. Perhaps flatten your pitch curve on your radio and try again. What are your settings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
If it's windy and you're being gusted, unfortunately not much you can do about that but correct for it. I hate gusty wind. Fly a bit higher, but yeah, it's a 450 and to me they disappear if they're too far away, given my lame eyes. I feel your pain. I hate windy days.

What you can do is however is make sure you have as little slop in your head as you can and make the setup as perfect as you can. I thought I'd say that cos I believe you've had your 450 3D for a while. The linkages can wear and slop anywhere is bad.
If you think your left thumb (mode 2) is giving you hassles, reduce the collective on the swash mix (CCPM), say maybe 9 collective will give you more resolution on the stick.

The other thing you can do, depending on your radio, is try and soften the pitch curve with some 'expo'. I don't really like softening the curve though, I prefer a nice straight linear.

You could also check and see if you're holding the stick ideally for you. May have to shorten or lengthen the stick depending on your preference. I like short sticks but I use the thumbs, pinchers I guess might like longer sticks. You may also want to adjust stick tension, I dunno what you like. I happen to think pinching the sticks is a little bit more precise.
Thanks for the help. Yes, this is my 2nd season trying to learn to fly this thing. Yes it is gusty today. I have spent many hours tweaking and learning how to set the 450 up, last year it was flying pretty well, but the altitude thing always had me puzzled. I am a pincher. I am getting a DX18 in a couple of days so I we start all over and set it up again. I will try your suggestions.
Old May 03, 2014, 11:46 AM
Where's the swimming pool
Joined Jul 2011
987 Posts
A bigger heli will help with wind. Unfortunately it may not be an option for some depending on access to fields. That's why I still love 450's. If I lived back out in the country with nothing but cattle and sheep, I'd so just fly 700's. Everyday.

City living sometimes really sucks. And that's me just trying to be positive lol... Truth be told, I absolutely hate it.
spykez is online now Find More Posts by spykez
Old May 03, 2014, 11:08 PM
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
yup it sucks on not to have a bigger field/place to fly....and its more sucks (to me lol) to have too many helis (3 450s + 2 mcpxs + 1 trex 150 + 1 trex 250 + 1 f450 quad) but had very little airtime with them........
Old May 04, 2014, 10:16 AM
Joined Dec 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
yup it sucks on not to have a bigger field/place to fly....and its more sucks (to me lol) to have too many helis (3 450s + 2 mcpxs + 1 trex 150 + 1 trex 250 + 1 f450 quad) but had very little airtime with them........
that's too many helis?
Old May 08, 2014, 09:49 AM
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
that's too many helis?
in my home town...yup......Im the only one with helis + quads ........compared to you guys...mine just a small family ...
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:49 AM
Smacko41
Australia
Joined Jun 2013
137 Posts
Anyone done a flybarless conversion with one of these? Mind you, by the time I buy the Blade Flybarless head I could almost buy the Assault 450 BNF.

http://hobbyking.com.au/hobbyking/st...e_Support.html
Smacko41 is offline Find More Posts by Smacko41