SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by corsha99
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,557 Posts
I was looking for if you had to sign up for the next TS cycle before a contest or not. We have a sanctioned contest for the next TS cycle and want to make sure we all know what the rule is. I am CDing and can bring signup forms if that works.

Cory
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:28 AM
Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
I hope we go with "register prior to the contest" this cycle. Last cycle we allowed the "wow I placed high enough, I guess I will join the program" method. This cycle the process should be well known.
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by GaryO
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,422 Posts
Guys,

Please don't take this as a criticism. As a new CD, I want to make certain that our contests get on the schedule and results are posted. And I even have some emails from kind folks pointing out the obvious to me.

I know that if I go thru all 106 pages, that detailed information is contained in there somewhere, what to submit, who to submit it to, how early, how to find the calendar, etc.

Rather than go thru the posts, I thought "it must be on the first page".or a specific reference to where to go. And sure enough, it directs one to "www.F3K.us" and there is lots of good info there.

Could the info for CD's be a bit more obvious and organized? Perhaps along the order of: specific info on completely getting a contest onto the calendar (who to send it to, what format, that sort of thing) and how to report contest results (same kind of info).

For your consideration

And yes, if appropriate, responses that say "it's completely obvious to the most casual observer that the information is _______".

Gary
GaryO is online now Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:31 PM
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
16,187 Posts
Gary,

The f3k.us website isn't the best. We are working on getting it updated, I have had some help, but still isn't there yet.

If you email usaf3k "@t" gmail "d0t" com with your request to put something on the calendar and or the results that works very well. Format I like best is Excel but I have even hand typed data in from iphone shots of the score sheets printed at contests if I had to.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by GaryO
Joined Sep 2001
5,422 Posts
Tom,

Perhaps this could be edited to one of your posts at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks Ryan, that is pretty much what I'd figured out, good to have confirmation.

Gary
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by Kiesling
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO View Post
Tom,

Perhaps this could be edited to one of your posts at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks Ryan, that is pretty much what I'd figured out, good to have confirmation.

Gary
added
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by rcgeorge
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,825 Posts
This is the 2013 F3K USA TEAM www.TeamUSAF3K.com
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:32 AM
Find More Posts by Icyhouse
China, Henan, Zhengzhou
Joined Oct 2012
20 Posts
we are looking for a suited platform for DLG flying , but without a perfect answer.
Icyhouse is offline Find More Posts by Icyhouse
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by GaryO
Joined Sep 2001
5,422 Posts
I just went to the calendar to see what events were listed, and it looks like only the Nats has a time blocked out.

Are CD's supposed to register contests somewhere else?

Gary

Other than the AMA, of course.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by Kiesling
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,634 Posts
Gary,

Go to F3K.us
go to the USA F3K Events tab
On the left click on the Register Your Event tab
That will bring up a page with the instructions on how to register your event with Oleg.

There is also a tab listing what the up coming events are.

Hope this helps.
Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by GaryO
Joined Sep 2001
5,422 Posts
Tom,

Add to the team portal, page 1?

Thanks,

Gary
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by olgol
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
3,166 Posts
Heads up for all contest directors and contest pilots!

I am planning to use Tim Traver's www.f3xvault.com web-site for managing the USA team selection qualification points and USA F3K Tour points in 2014-2015-2016 qualification period. Tim created a new feature on his web-site - now contests can be associated with a series (http://f3xvault.com/?action=series). This allows for automatic calculation of points and standings when a new event is included into a series.

We will have 2 contest series (they are created already but still in flux). One called "2015 - 2016 US Team Selection Qualification Series" and another one called "2014-2015 USA F3K Tour".

What does this mean to you as a contest director? If you are already using www.f3xvault.com for managing your event(s), you are in good shape and there will be almost no changes for you.

CDs will need to create future events on www.f3xvault.com (ask Tim or me for help if needed). Pilots will be able to sign up for the event on the web-site. This is really convenient for everybody - it gives you an automatic pilot registration system, and allows all to see the registrations and later see the live event results.

Tim and I are working on integrating F3XVault and F3KScore program, such that pilot registrations and event tasks can be transferred from F3XVault into F3KScore, for those contest organizers who want to use F3KScore for on-field contest scoring and printing results (this is essential when no live internet connection is available on-field). And vice verse, F3KScore will be able to transfer contest results into F3XVault. This means that during or after an event, contest organizers can update www.f3xvault.com with the event results. This also means that if you don't want to use www.f3xvault.com for registering pilots, you can simply transfer the contest results there after the event.

2014-2016 qualification period started in July 2014. All USA qualification events that happened since then will need to be imported into F3XVault and associated with the above mentioned series. Same for the 2014-2015 F3K Tour series (all contests with 20+ pilots). Tim and I will be working on this and helping all contest organizers to do it.
olgol is offline Find More Posts by olgol
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by M Seid
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,552 Posts
Simply fantastic Oleg and Tim. Thank you both for your dedication and mad nerd skills!!!
M Seid is offline Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 29, 2015, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by olgol
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
3,166 Posts
The two F3K series have been in existence for a while, but not all events are entered, and some are not in F3XVault at all. We need to get all events entered into F3XVault and added to the series so that we can track the qualification points, and USA F3K Tour standings.

The Tour series is empty at the moment.
oops, cannot get a link for it, asking Tim Traver to investigate.

The Qualification series has several events in it, but not all.
http://f3xvault.com/?action=series&f...w&series_id=65

If you are a contest director/organizer/scorekeeper or just a pilot who wants his qualification points counted and F3K Tour standings calculated, please do the following (ask Tim Traver for help with any of these steps, copy e-mail to me also). If you are unable to do these steps, at a minimum please send an e-mail to Tim Traver (copy me) with your event name, and attach the F3KScore file, we will enter your data into F3XVault.com.

1. if your event is not listed on F3XVaullt.com at all, create an event there, and (if you used F3KScore program for scoring) import your event scores using "Import Competition" command (see image). you can also enter all scores/times directly into F3XVault.com since it serves as the on-line scoring program itself.

Import is accessed here:

A file with scores is first exported from F3KScore (in the "Export" menu, obviously ),
and then imported into F3XVault via this button:

2. Add your event to "2015-2016 US Team Qualification" series (in the Event Settings page, see image).
If your contest was 2 days and over 20 pilots, add it to "2014-2015 USA F3K Tour" series also.

--
olgol is offline Find More Posts by olgol
Old Jun 29, 2015, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
16,187 Posts
I'm thinking the AMA F3K Nats July 24 and 25 should be on there.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke