SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2015, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by Jacktstone
Joined Jun 2015
35 Posts
Question
Powering Lights through the bind slot

I'm getting a parkzone T28 in a few days. I'm going to add flaps and a bomb drop to it on the provided 6 channel receiver, but then I don't have an extra channel to put my light system on, and I only have a 6 channel transmitter so I can't upgrade to a better receiver. Is it safe to power lights through the bind slot on the receiver?
Jacktstone is offline Find More Posts by Jacktstone
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by taz101
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacktstone View Post
I'm getting a parkzone T28 in a few days. I'm going to add flaps and a bomb drop to it on the provided 6 channel receiver, but then I don't have an extra channel to put my light system on, and I only have a 6 channel transmitter so I can't upgrade to a better receiver. Is it safe to power lights through the bind slot on the receiver?
Yes!!
But you can also Y it into any channel.
But through the bind port is fine.

LURCH
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:14 PM
PGR
Find More Posts by PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
8,596 Posts
You can power DSM2 and DSMX receivers through the binding port so you can tap power from them too. The only difference between the binding port and all the rest of the ports is the function of the signal pin.

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by James_S
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined May 2014
2,303 Posts
If you look at the circuit board in any receiver, all of the power and ground pins connect to a trace that runs across the board and ties them all together. All of the V+ pins are connected together and all of the ground pins are connected together. Only the signal pins go to different places.

That means you can power a receiver, or draw power from a receiver from any of the connectors, it makes no difference.
James_S is online now Find More Posts by James_S