SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Thread Tools
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:50 PM
ChinoDiablo is offline
Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
4,977 Posts
Hey, your Alby ended its landing just like my PZ SE5a did back in the day.... on its nose
ChinoDiablo is offline Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2015, 01:58 PM
kidagain is offline
Find More Posts by kidagain
Registered User
kidagain's Avatar
New York
Joined Nov 2009
659 Posts
My first was Flyzone Micro Albatros followed by the WACO which was the HobbyLobby version followed by the Albi. and Tiggy
Name: 101_2569.JPG
Views: 9
Size: 620.8 KB
Description:

Name: 101_2241.JPG
Views: 6
Size: 448.8 KB
Description:

Name: 101_2244.JPG
Views: 11
Size: 493.0 KB
Description: Name: 101_2585.JPG
Views: 9
Size: 508.8 KB
Description:
kidagain is offline Find More Posts by kidagain
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2015, 02:13 PM
ChinoDiablo is offline
Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
4,977 Posts
Do you still have your FZ micro Albatros?
Mine went fly-away Bye-Bye over the trees and far away probably to that great hanger in the sky.
ChinoDiablo is offline Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2015, 02:41 PM
kidagain is offline
Find More Posts by kidagain
Registered User
kidagain's Avatar
New York
Joined Nov 2009
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
Do you still have your FZ micro Albatros?
Mine went fly-away Bye-Bye over the trees and far away probably to that great hanger in the sky.
I had a great time with it but now the receiver is NG I think, no response. I have to open it and see whats up. Hope loose wire. I see they are discontinued. Use to get them at Tower scratch and dent cheep!
I still fly the P51 4ch. though
kidagain is offline Find More Posts by kidagain
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2015, 04:53 PM
thosmosis is offline
Find More Posts by thosmosis
"Champ'ion Newb"
thosmosis's Avatar
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
Hey, your Alby ended its landing just like my PZ SE5a did back in the day.... on its nose
A common occurrence! I constantly forget and relax up elevator as it rolls out... Only to be greeted with a nose plant at 1mph! Lol

Here's one that stayed on track... I think a rarity, for me...

Albatros Wax Orchard 10 (1 min 42 sec)
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2015, 06:38 PM
ChinoDiablo is offline
Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
4,977 Posts
Nice landings!
On my non-aerobatic/more scale models "touch-n-goes" are the order of the day!
ChinoDiablo is offline Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2015, 08:56 AM
martimer is offline
Find More Posts by martimer
Registered User
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,097 Posts
My first biplane was the original GWS Tiger Moth. I still enjoy flying it 12 years later (well, the fourth one).
martimer is offline Find More Posts by martimer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2015, 04:12 PM
dalecheek1 is online now
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
3,109 Posts
E FLITE ULTiMATE-2 Close Hovering and Harrying in yard (2 min 24 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 06:16 PM
StangBanger is offline
Find More Posts by StangBanger
Registered User
Joined Jan 2015
114 Posts
I made my first biplane by bashing two Air Hogs Titan gliders into what can just pass for an Albatros DV if I squint. Flies very slowly, can loop under its own power, wouldn't roll if I begged and stalls right away without power. But it flies and my made it all by myself. Someday I'll have a 'real' biplane... For now, WalMart is my friend.
StangBanger is offline Find More Posts by StangBanger
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 09:45 PM
slam555 is offline
Find More Posts by slam555
Registered User
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
1,037 Posts
bipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangBanger View Post
I made my first biplane by bashing two Air Hogs Titan gliders into what can just pass for an Albatros DV if I squint. Flies very slowly, can loop under its own power, wouldn't roll if I begged and stalls right away without power. But it flies and my made it all by myself. Someday I'll have a 'real' biplane... For now, WalMart is my friend.
try dollar tree foam it's cheap
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:04 PM
Mac50L is offline
Find More Posts by Mac50L
Registered User
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam555 View Post
try dollar tree foam it's cheap
There is a database of biplane plans ~80, profile and full fuselage, all are foam designs.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...1&d=1437475761
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:59 AM
bhoov128 is online now
Find More Posts by bhoov128
John 20:1-18
bhoov128's Avatar
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
11,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangBanger View Post
I made my first biplane by bashing two Air Hogs Titan gliders into what can just pass for an Albatros DV if I squint. Flies very slowly, can loop under its own power, wouldn't roll if I begged and stalls right away without power. But it flies and my made it all by myself. Someday I'll have a 'real' biplane... For now, WalMart is my friend.
I really really like the way some of my home-built planes fly, made from dollar tree foam, or model plane foam (modelplanefoam.com) or with blue fan-fold-foam from Lowe's. In fact, my first plane was a 55" G-KEMY Cessna 182 from nitroplanes (I think) I purchased from a friend. After cracking up the nose on the 3rd flight (surprised I got that far!!! ) I built a blu-baby from the foamies-scratchbuilt forum here and really learned to fly with that. The "Snice Slick" in my blog is one of the best flying airplanes... albeit a bit heavy... that I have. I cracked up the elevator doing some tumbles, so it needs some repairs, but for sport flying, it's a rock, and it's 100% constructed by me from plans generated from a super cool guy here on rcg called Snice. (surprise...) With dollar tree foam, you're only "out" a couple of bucks on an entire airframe, and you get the fun of cutting it up and building it by yourself!
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2015, 09:30 AM
Mal Bond is offline
Find More Posts by Mal Bond
Registered User
Mal Bond's Avatar
United Kingdom, Sidcup
Joined Jun 2012
752 Posts
I found some Air Hogs Titan models and made a basic RC Trainer :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
I really really like the way some of my home-built planes fly, made from dollar tree foam, or model plane foam (modelplanefoam.com) or with blue fan-fold-foam from Lowe's. In fact, my first plane was a 55" G-KEMY Cessna 182 from nitroplanes (I think) I purchased from a friend. After cracking up the nose on the 3rd flight (surprised I got that far!!! ) I built a blu-baby from the foamies-scratchbuilt forum here and really learned to fly with that. The "Snice Slick" in my blog is one of the best flying airplanes... albeit a bit heavy... that I have. I cracked up the elevator doing some tumbles, so it needs some repairs, but for sport flying, it's a rock, and it's 100% constructed by me from plans generated from a super cool guy here on rcg called Snice. (surprise...) With dollar tree foam, you're only "out" a couple of bucks on an entire airframe, and you get the fun of cutting it up and building it by yourself!
Hi,

I found some Air Hogs Titan models and made a basic RC Trainer.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=Air+Hogs

These are amazing models for conversion.

All the best.

Mal :-)
Mal Bond is offline Find More Posts by Mal Bond
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:26 PM
dbdukeboy is offline
Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Newbe learning everyday!
dbdukeboy's Avatar
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
933 Posts
So I bought the flight work PT-17 from tower hobbies tonight (red bull version) just love the way it looks. Does anyone have this plane and if so what do you think?
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2015, 08:33 AM
jiggz is online now
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
jiggz's Avatar
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Bond View Post
Hi,

I found some Air Hogs Titan models and made a basic RC Trainer.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=Air+Hogs

These are amazing models for conversion.

All the best.

Mal :-)
that's a great.. how to.. thread
I notice ur in sidcup ..where do u normally fly?
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idea Ducted Fan BI-Plane. scotty909 Scratchbuilt EDFs 2 Dec 07, 2013 12:00 PM
Discussion Ducted Fan BI-Plane. scotty909 Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 0 Dec 07, 2013 11:58 AM
Discussion 15% OFF Dynam Devil 4 Channel 3D Sport Aerobatic Bi-Plane Almost Ready to Fly 1016mm nitroplanes Hot Online Deals 6 Nov 21, 2013 10:04 AM
Wanted great planes ultimate bi plane David Adkins Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 20, 2013 07:28 PM
Discussion great planes ultimate bi plane David Adkins Fuel Plane Talk 1 Sep 19, 2013 09:22 PM