SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 31, 2014, 09:12 PM
Hexicopter Pilot
Joined Apr 2014
6 Posts
Help!
A2 FC with T-Motor - Speed question

I'm just finishing a Tarot T-960 with DJI A2 FC build and was doing a motor test using the DJI Assistant App and I'm concerned about the motor speed in motor 6. In the below video I test each motor from 1 to 6 (yes number 5 is spinning the wrong way, more on that in a minute). As you can tell from the sound of each motor, number 6 is not spinning up as fast as the others. I calibrated each HobbyWing 40A Opto with my Futaba 14SG for throttle min and max. I've updated the A2 and all the modules. Not seen in the video as I could not get it to repeat, the first time I was testing the motors, motor #6 sputtered occasionally and would not spin up at all. Thinking it might be the ESC, I switched ESCs with ESC #5 hooked to motor 6 and it did the same thing. When I switched them back (this is why #5 is going the wrong way.. oops) it doesn't sputter any more but does run slower than the other five motors. What should I be checking?

Thanks in advance.

A2 FC and T-Motor Spinup test (0 min 49 sec)
Paul.T960 is offline Find More Posts by Paul.T960
Last edited by Paul.T960; Aug 01, 2014 at 12:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2014, 03:49 PM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Check to see if the motor mounting screws are protruding far enough into the motor that they touch the strator's coil. This will cause a short. happened to me with 4014 tmotors. pisses me off, why would they make them too long??
JackSomebody is offline Find More Posts by JackSomebody
Old Aug 22, 2014, 06:19 PM
Hexicopter Pilot
Joined Apr 2014
6 Posts
When I was originally installing the motors I did notice (probably too late) that the screws were indeed hitting the coils. I went out and bought all new screws so that they wouldn't hit but I'm guessing the damage is done. I doubt this is fixable is it? Without having to replace the whole motor. I was so careful about the clean install that it's going to be a pain to remove the motor and put in a new one. What are my options do you think?

Thanks for the reply.
Paul.T960 is offline Find More Posts by Paul.T960