HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2013, 01:52 PM
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Jun 2013
38 Posts
Discussion
DJI Phantom over NYC

Here is a cool video I found. It is shot in New York City exclusively with a Phantom.

FIRST FLIGHT OF THE PHANTOM (2 min 57 sec)

Note: I just think the video is cool!!
aardvarkeng is offline Find More Posts by aardvarkeng
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,311 Posts
here is what is going to happen since a phantom was flown in the most metropolitan city in USA:

-the world will explode
-someone is going to jail
-expect an FAA ruling immediately, before Im through typing, outlawing all rc even at AMA sanctioned fields
-everyone who views the vid and likes will be visited by FAA
-someones eye is getting put out
-someone is going to be admitted to intensive care
-did I mention the FAA will outlaw all rc retroactive for the last 20 years

summary, nothing is going to happen I just wanted to be the first to write the doom and glooom stuff. Urban rc is here, its never going away, no matter what. pandora is open fully. nice vid I liked it.
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Aug 12, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,311 Posts
meanwhile, in greater news that actually matters, another full size plane has crashed into an urban house and killed everyone on the ground. we are kinda used to hearing about that though, so I expect nobody to be up in arms. just over this vid where nothing happened and nothing bad is going to happen. we are soooo jacked up.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 02:09 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkeng View Post
Here is a cool video I found. It is shot in New York City exclusively with a Phantom.

http://vimeo.com/70321282

Note: I just think the video is cool!!
Lovely video...you do have bigger balls than me. I used to live there, live in LA now and goodness do I wish I could film live streets, fly over the 110 bridges at sunset, I just won't do it...keep flying, be smart about it. Please post more content as you shoot it btw this is 2.7k cinema or 1080P M 60 cropped to 2.35:1?
kazkioken is offline Find More Posts by kazkioken
Old Aug 12, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
here is what is going to happen since a phantom was flown in the most metropolitan city in usa:

-the world will explode
-someone is going to jail
-expect an faa ruling immediately, before im through typing, outlawing all rc even at ama sanctioned fields
-everyone who views the vid and likes will be visited by faa
-someones eye is getting put out
-someone is going to be admitted to intensive care
-did i mention the faa will outlaw all rc retroactive for the last 20 years

summary, nothing is going to happen i just wanted to be the first to write the doom and glooom stuff. Urban rc is here, its never going away, no matter what. Pandora is open fully. Nice vid i liked it.
Thank you!!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Aug 12, 2013, 02:16 PM
froots loops
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
839 Posts
Great video
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Old Aug 12, 2013, 02:23 PM
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Jun 2013
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazkioken View Post
Lovely video...you do have bigger balls than me. I used to live there, live in LA now and goodness do I wish I could film live streets, fly over the 110 bridges at sunset, I just won't do it...keep flying, be smart about it. Please post more content as you shoot it btw this is 2.7k cinema or 1080P M 60 cropped to 2.35:1?
I did not shoot the video. I believe it was shot by a NYC film maker. It is kinda cool that he shot this without (supposedly) permission of the NYPD as well.

I guess if they don't see it, it didn't happen!!
aardvarkeng is offline Find More Posts by aardvarkeng
Old Aug 12, 2013, 02:33 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,311 Posts
now I like to make smart allecs as good as the next but IF there was any city Id have a minor concern about, itd be that one

not the actual safety, but geeze thats a place itchin to stop controversy or tie it into the T word so ya I like watching other people post the stuff I dream of doing and wont ever do lol. back to urban rc of my lowly texas city heh
Old Aug 12, 2013, 02:35 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkeng View Post
I did not shoot the video. I believe it was shot by a NYC film maker. It is kinda cool that he shot this without (supposedly) permission of the NYPD as well.

I guess if they don't see it, it didn't happen!!
sorry been one of those mornings where I can't read...and yeah NYPD, just like LAPD, you don't want to mess with them they are serious. Still, in all honesty a Phantom hitting someone or property is better than an EVO S800 hitting someone, and both are vastly more terrible than a Hubsan X4 hitting someone. And then we have a DJI video from NAB where it flies over a live Vegas street...grey and confusing times to say the least. I'll write the proper creator on Vimeo thnx
kazkioken is offline Find More Posts by kazkioken
Old Oct 04, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Oct 2013
1 Posts
Small drone crash lands in Manhattan

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ors&id=9270668
RC_LL is offline Find More Posts by RC_LL