Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:05 PM
Ground Pounder
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Nov 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dave View Post
Gharddog03 this one is for you.
Photo taken this morning. A guy paddling with 2 dogs in his kayak with Marine One in the background. The white pole marks the reef around Coconut Island.

Looks like we will be grounded until Obama leaves on 1/5. I guess his work is done because this is his longest stay in Hawaii that I can recall.
Awesome!!!

Thanks.
Gharddog03 is offline Find More Posts by Gharddog03
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2014, 09:33 PM
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
556 Posts
Any recommendations for a 40a esc that's not to heavy and 4s capable? Going to use a d2826 2200kv motor on my other assassin and thought I'd see what esc others are using.

Also with said motor I should go down to a 6" prop?
Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Old Dec 27, 2014, 09:49 PM
Joined Sep 2010
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron View Post
Any recommendations for a 40a esc that's not to heavy and 4s capable? Going to use a d2826 2200kv motor on my other assassin and thought I'd see what esc others are using.

I'm not sure about other folks, but I'm using a Hobbywing Pentium 40A ESC with my 4S Pinata. It seems to work just fine.
Zangetsu57 is online now Find More Posts by Zangetsu57
Last edited by Zangetsu57; Today at 09:10 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 09:55 PM
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined Jun 2013
502 Posts
I'm using fms 65a esc from BananaHobby for 4s, light weight, under $30, have taken a beating without protest. These have been pure plug and play, have them for 3S and 4S. This is the 65, actually lighter than the similarly priced 60A. http://www.bananahobby.com/brushless...ueryId=1405118
and a $15 40A esc (haven't tried....yet) http://www.bananahobby.com/40a-brush...ueryId=1405118

For high power Assassin on 3s, thunderbird 54a favorite, pricey at retail, can find often for about 35.

But these setups are for combat, but given the light weight, surviving my habit of crashing, and price, couldn't be happier.

Weight and plug and play are key for me. Used to like the YEP's, but have not held up.
Rdimand is online now Find More Posts by Rdimand
Last edited by Rdimand; Yesterday at 02:02 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
930 Posts
With that 2826 which is usually ran on 3S most only use a 25 or 30 max. Same as other 50g motors. On assassins I never use any expensive name brand stuff. So i have used HK esc's in that range as well as pentium which was said and some of the knockoffs. Name brand expensive is not more durable in combat so I leave that stuff to airplanes. I think you can get away with smaller lighter esc with that motor. But if you step up to a 70-87g motor then start looking at 60-70A esc's. I have had good luck with a outfit on ebay which is in elk grove CA for esc that are dirt cheap and I have never blown one of these given correct size.
sr175 is offline Find More Posts by sr175
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
Ground Pounder
Joined Nov 2012
833 Posts
L
Quote:

I stick with the plush series!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=68536
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr175 View Post
With that 2826 which is usually ran on 3S most only use a 25 or 30 max. Same as other 50g motors. On assassins I never use any expensive name brand stuff. So i have used HK esc's in that range as well as pentium which was said and some of the knockoffs. Name brand expensive is not more durable in combat so I leave that stuff to airplanes. I think you can get away with smaller lighter esc with that motor. But if you step up to a 70-87g motor then start looking at 60-70A esc's. I have had good luck with a outfit on ebay which is in elk grove CA for esc that are dirt cheap and I have never blown one of these given correct size.
I do have a hobbywing 25 -30a esc but looking at tests it looks like it would just barely be enough or not enough depending on prop used. Just doing research on it and have a meter coming for future bench tests.

I also have a spare 50a HW esc that I got awhile back that I forgot about but I believe is 43g.
Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
Joined Dec 2013
10 Posts
Hello from a snowy Sweden! Just finished my Pinata build with Ntm 3530 1400kv and 2650 3s . Auw at 954 grams, pretty impressed by that, thought,it would be heavier!

Fun to build, some challenges regarding laminate which was new for me, cutting equipment and battery bay etc but all in all no real drama. Excellent packaging and instructions. As soon the weather calms down a bit i'll try to maiden it!

Thanks Lee and the rest of you for help and pointers!

Sorry for the crappy image quality.
HJ_SWE is offline Find More Posts by HJ_SWE
Last edited by HJ_SWE; Yesterday at 06:33 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM
Ground Pounder
Joined Nov 2012
833 Posts
Looking good HJ..
Old Today, 12:26 AM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
930 Posts
Quote:
I do have a hobbywing 25 -30a esc but looking at tests it looks like it would just barely be enough or not enough depending on prop used. Just doing research on it and have a meter coming for future bench tests.

I also have a spare 50a HW esc that I got awhile back that I forgot about but I believe is 43g.
That motor will be best with a 6x4. 25 will be fine 30 for extra margin. Like dog said the plush are very nice and have had several of those on my wing and handle at minimum advertised load. The 30 is more tha. Enough on that motor if that's what you have.
sr175 is offline Find More Posts by sr175