Jul 08, 2014, 01:35 AM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
Thread OP
Build Log

Baby BEE - Big fun comes in small packages

In collaboration with my friend Andrej we came up with the idea of ​​an attractive model airplane, with spirit of the retro models, thai is easy to build and reliable flyer that will impress both beginners and experienced modeller. I used Kolibri airfoil, which has already proved with good properties in small Kolibri glider. The model is built from lightweight plywood and balsa. The fuselage is made entirely of plywood thickness of 3mm, wing and tail from balsa wood. The model has as less possible parts so that the construction of model is simple and suitable for beginners. A special feature is that the construction plan is not required, only the flat surface and on her drawing of two lines that are perpendicular to each other. These lines are required for the assembling of the wings. The model is built and tested, with cheaper components that were proved to be reliable. I will use motor Emax FC2822, 9 gram servos from hobbykinga, 12A speed controller and nano-tech 850mAh 3S lipo. With this battery model stays in air without problems 30 minutes and more.
Information about the model:
Wing span 1000mm
Wing Area 14.5 dm2
take-off weight of 384g
Controlled by rudder, elevator and throttle
Model will be available in the kit.

Here will show you build log of prototype.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2014, 10:18 AM
Thread OP
Wing takes less than two hours, to finish it.
Nothing special, just some puzzle work to do....
Jul 22, 2014, 03:52 PM
Thread OP
Lazy flying with baby bee. I only take off, correct model path (because of wind) and landed model after 34 minutes and 5 seconds of flight. I used 850mAh 3S turnigy nano tech lipo with emaxFC 2822 motor and 8x4,5" multirotor prop (have more than 20 of them). Model flies great, very stable and slow. Here is just one part of that flight.

Baby Bee flying - look mum no hands... (1 min 14 sec)
Aug 18, 2014, 01:36 AM
Thread OP
Just added some FPV gear.
Baby BEE FPV flight (10 min 15 sec)
Aug 31, 2014, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
New bee was born....
Sep 01, 2014, 06:32 PM
Simple, Easy, Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane
In collaboration with my friend Andrej we came up with the idea of ​​an attractive model airplane, with spirit of the retro models, that is easy to build and reliable flyer that will impress both beginners and experienced modeller.

Wonderful-looking plane!
Congratulations!

Is this a picture of the factory?

Cheers,
Gabe
Sep 01, 2014, 11:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe_BigApple
Wonderful-looking plane!
Congratulations!

Is this a picture of the factory?

Cheers,
Gabe
Thanks!

Here is short video of maiden flight of baby bee that comes in KIT.
Baby bee V2 maiden flight (0 min 25 sec)

Yes, this is how we started, now it looks much bigger
Sep 02, 2014, 12:16 AM
Very nice designe nicc cnc work!! Great looking freeflight Model!
Joe
Oct 20, 2014, 01:58 AM
Thread OP
At the moment I'm working on plans for 2m version of model. Wing parts are ready, at the moment I'm working on fuselage. Model will be powered with multistar 4830 480KV motor, 17" propeller and 4S 3000-3700mAh LiPo. It will have dummy diezel engine on it for more authentic retro look.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:37 AM
Hi Kristjane,
Model 2m version will it be available in the kit.? Will you ship a kit to th USA?
Joe
Oct 20, 2014, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Hi Joe,
Idea is to put it in kit, but shipping costs are killing me. I will have to find someone with laser or CNC rutter to cut kits in USA.
Mar 24, 2015, 05:01 AM
Thread OP
Queen bee is finally flying, check build log here:https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2315829
Apr 28, 2017, 06:17 PM
I do like your Baby BEE!! A kit would be fun to build and fly!
Joe
USA

Quick Reply