HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 24, 2013, 09:34 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,340 Posts
Discussion
Twins?

I am getting a very similar kv at 3000, when testing. I took it for granted that I recieved what I asked for with the Jan 21 motor, even though I thought it was too heavy, so now I'm really not sure, at a bit of a loss? I do not want two of the same motor. In good faith Brendan
mustflynow2 is online now Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:01 PM
Registered User
sneu's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
I am getting a very similar kv at 3000, when testing. I took it for granted that I recieved what I asked for with the Jan 21 motor, even though I thought it was too heavy, so now I'm really not sure, at a bit of a loss? I do not want two of the same motor. In good faith Brendan
Both the 1115 and 1112 share the same housings--if you look in the rear of the motors the 1112 should have more empty space between the windings and the back cover. Also the 1112 will weigh a little less.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:10 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,340 Posts
Weight is identical 243g. Looks the same in the back too. It was the expected performance of the 1112 on 4s that wasn't there too, kv down a bit. Can the kv numbers be so similar, looking for 3500 and 2800 as you know.
I had someone weigh their 1112/1y on the orion thread, will find the pic, definately lighter which I was expecting. Brendan
mustflynow2 is online now Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Last edited by mustflynow2; Jun 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:14 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,340 Posts
1112/1y

From orion thread
mustflynow2 is online now Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:55 PM
Registered User
sneu's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Weight is identical 243g. Looks the same in the back too. It was the expected performance of the 1112 on 4s that wasn't there too, kv down a bit. Can the kv numbers be so similar, looking for 3500 and 2800 as you know.
I had someone weigh their 1112/1y on the orion thread, will find the pic, definately lighter which I was expecting. Brendan
We would need to inspect them to determine if one is miss-marked.

Steve Neu
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:57 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,340 Posts
Thought you might say that. The plane has been modified around the motor now. V-tail fuse servos moved back, and 5s used, just can't fit enough capacity in.
If it was found to be supplied incorrectly what could you do?
I guess I am happy enough with my set up now, wouldn't want it to cost me too much as I have just bought a new 1115/1y
Would consider a change over for a larger motor though, 1509/1y. Should I send you an e-mail? Regards Brendan
mustflynow2 is online now Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:39 AM
Registered User
sneu's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Thought you might say that. The plane has been modified around the motor now. V-tail fuse servos moved back, and 5s used, just can't fit enough capacity in.
If it was found to be supplied incorrectly what could you do?
I guess I am happy enough with my set up now, wouldn't want it to cost me too much as I have just bought a new 1115/1y
Would consider a change over for a larger motor though, 1509/1y. Should I send you an e-mail? Regards Brendan
If one was miss marked we would exchange it for the one it should be.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:40 AM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,340 Posts
Hi Steve, it has taken me a bit to think this through. Thanks to lisa for her e- mail too. As I have adjusted my model to suit the original motor, marked 1112/1y, I think it is probably easiest just to stick with it as is. I would like to confirm it is actually a 1115/1y some how without shipping it off. If the kv measurement was bang on 2800, I would say there would be no doubt, then again and motor marked 1115/1y gives the same measured kv at 3000 too. As I asked Lisa, can it be 200 out from spec? Or is it just my hyperion e metre? I know it can vary somewhat. The weight also indicates the discrepancy.
So thanks again, looking forward to flying again this weekend with your motor driving my glider. Regards brendan

Edit. Returning the newly bought 1115/1y to esprit. Thanks to David Henderson at esprit
mustflynow2 is online now Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Last edited by mustflynow2; Jul 05, 2013 at 06:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion OS 160 twin vs ASP 160 twin Sgtshultz Engines 27 Nov 14, 2014 03:52 PM
Build Log A twin twin build: Ivan Pettigrew's Twin Otter 480 patricksurry Scale Kit/Scratch Built 177 Jun 08, 2014 05:03 AM
For Sale twin 70 mm 2150 kv motor and 50 amp esc. for twin engine jets jryanwilliams Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Feb 23, 2013 12:56 AM
Question First electric twin, what to do about twin bec's? flying jeep DIY Electronics 3 Jan 23, 2013 09:07 PM
Question Twin Motors, Twin CC25s, Twin BECs? FlyingW Castle Creations 6 Oct 04, 2007 08:33 PM