HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 02:55 PM
United States, CO, Silverthorne
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Discussion
EagleTree OSD + Lawmate 2.4Ghz

I'm still having problems with getting my video to display properly from a 2.4Ghz lawmate vTX (TBS tuned) into a set of Cinemizers. Initially the symptoms were ghosting of text and wobbly/tearing video towards the top edges. The text I solved using the black and white values and setting the white from 7 to 4, black from 4 to 7 but the video tearing is bad enough to cause the cinemizers to "reset" the video mode from a 16:9 view to a 4:3 ratio and back.

As I understand it should be 75ohms, and the whole thing has ground/power/video wires that are shielded to the EagleTree and from the EagleTree to the camera.

Any advice would be appreciated!
TZZDC1241 is offline Find More Posts by TZZDC1241
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:12 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, and sorry to hear about your issue.

As a first step, could you please turn telemetry off to see if that affects the issue. This is done by setting "Enable Telemetry" to "No" under "Configure EagleEyes FPV station" onscreen menu. Please let me know if that affects your issue.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 08, 2013, 03:42 AM
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
I was able to fix it by adjusting the black/white values but I've since disabled the telemetry and will check it again in the morning. Another problem that I have is since adding the altitude sensor the entire OSD takes a lot longer to update settings, at first displayed unknown firmware, asked me to eagletree support, 2. I've shortned the wire for my GPS unit and re did the connectors but I find that the flashing LED on it goes out after 10-20 seconds, still displays live data but I cant flash the firmware for it under the firmware menu.

Beyond those small issues the entire system is definitely my go to OSD!!!
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:04 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Glad you've got the video issue sorted.

Regarding the update issue, I am wondering if the longer time is due to your receiver not sending pulses? When the OSD boots up, it waits longer during boot if it does not detect key receiver inputs. Some receivers don't send any outputs until the radio is turned on.

There was a software issue that can cause an "unknown firmware" message when updating, when the above radio issue happens. But, this should not occur in our release version 10.44 (and is innocuous anyway).

But, another explanation, that would also explain the "code 2" error, is that there is a USB incompatibility between the OSD and your PC. If you keep getting that message, I'd recommend trying a USB hub, or another PC.

I wouldn't think that adding the altimeter would contribute to this, but if you disconnect it and the problem goes away, we'll need to look further into that.

Re the GPS LED, note that the flashing indicates NO fix. So, once the GPS gets a fix, the LED goes out (this is to save power).

Let me know if i can help further.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
The OSD is not hooked into any receivers at all. I just want OSD pass through from video to vTX. My receiver is the ezUHF and its sending PPM via CH1 to my Naza. Dont know if there's any way to set it for another CH, lets say CH8 to send 2-3 way switch commands to the OSD to adjust menu settings.

I cant quite remember but I believe the USB cable that came with the OSD Pro had a torrid on it? I'll try seeing if I can find that cable since I know that one would work for sure.

I'll try switching USB cables!

I'm guessing there's a certain way to daisy chain each component to the logger? I did it logger > OSD Pro (v4) and then to the Altimeter using the cable coming from it and plugged into the spare prongs on the front of the OSD. Everything is the latest firmware/hardware revision as far as I can tell.

So the GPS is working normally, sweet!
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:36 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, ok, there will be a slight bootup delay with the OSD since it's not going through your receiver. But, assuming you're running our latest release software (10.44) this should not cause an issue during setup.

The USB cable does not have a torroid. It might be good to try the one that was included with your system, though, just in case there's some incompatibility.

No, there's no particular order that needs to be followed when daisy chaining the components. As long as they are working, it's fine.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 21, 2013, 06:12 PM
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
So after further messing around and having telemetry enabled, as I want to do a pan and tilt antenna tracker using EagleEyes, the distorted video remains. I'm not sure if I should be looking for a specific ohm resistor to place with the ground/video lines at the connector?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, can you confirm that the distortion happens only when telemetry is enabled?
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 23, 2013, 01:47 AM
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
As far as I can tell the distortion appears through the goggles, only at the top of the screen. I've disabled telemetry prior and the image is clean, except for a hicup here and there. When telemetry is enabled, the top tears and I have to use a setting of 6 6 on both white/black to get it to calm down just enough not to be distracting.

I can try and take pictures or video if you'd like!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 05:14 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, I am wondering whether this is the normal way telemetry looks (varying black and white lines ABOVE the video image) or whether the video image itself is distorted? If the latter, I think I can send you a special firmware version that should address it.
Site Sponsor