HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:22 AM
Australia, QLD, Brookfield
Joined May 2010
32 Posts
Let me know if you want a hand with how to weather it. Being a 600 you can still use a OF head being a 10mm shaft. Try to stay away from rigid heads for scale if you can.
Hank79 is offline Find More Posts by Hank79
Last edited by Hank79; Feb 18, 2013 at 01:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:29 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker41 View Post
oh i get it now the inst panel is suposed to come to at least the begining of the door line or the cheek as you called it . and these fuses are just to deep from the wall forward . i get it now lol duh after staring at the 1 to pic i saw that the panel came out realy far shoot ! now how am i gona fix that . i might just pull it back alittle and get it as close as pos with out leaving a giant gap .
You know, the funny part of my kit is that the cheek in front of the weapons officer's door is actually the correct shape and I spotted that when I went to make the interior cheek panel. It was a lot longer on the inside than on the outside. I had to stare at that in disbelief for a few moments. I would take a stab at the windscreen being 7/16" to 1/2" too far forward and there is no way to even rework what is there. As I said, once they are finished, they look good anyway, so it is just not worth worrying about. There is a great picture on Airliners.net of an OH-6 that is a restoration project and the angle shows the panel that I have and its relationship to the door line. It's an old olive drab body with no tail and no interior to speak of. It is worth finding just for reference, even though you are putting in an instrument panel that is completely different. The main thing is, those reference points don't change much from model to model. Take care and have fun with it.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:17 PM
cant get right !!!
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
floor work

well today i started in on the floor work again . but in order to get the floor lined up well enough to pass muster . i had to trim door flange or jam what ever you wanna call it it was way to big imo. after that , i used dollar store foam board to get a general shape . witch was way more difficult than i had thought there is nothing square or identical on either side . the whole front canopy is built very poorly so you kinda have to start cuting hear and there to get something to fit . so needles to say it was hard and with my limited skill came out to be ok at best .
trucker41 is offline Find More Posts by trucker41
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:21 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
ok got the fire wall started and had to chop frame ouch !!!! now i have the fire wall flush with no need to box around the frame . also made some spacers to push the wall as far forward as pos . still havnt made the perm adhesion to it yet . becouse still wondering if i should hack th front of the stock former on the fuse heres a ome picks of what i meen
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:37 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
this is where i am stuped and i thout this might do the trick but not sure
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:46 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
was toyiny with this idea of the ready made seats . i know its kinda cheating but they look good imo i would still need to make the center console but i think i would like to use these . any thoughts ??
Last edited by trucker41; Feb 18, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,475 Posts
I removed the forward extension of the floor like you have done and it will not change anything in the back. What you do need to ensure is that the frame will not rub against the back wall and I would add a strap to fill in the gap just to add a bit of security. Looks good.

Don
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:04 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
yup thats what i was planing on doing . thanks don
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:42 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
ok well this morn i was at it again bright and early. i did a little more work to the fire wall . the center portion of the wall is where the control rods for the cyclic and colective among other elect cables ans so forth . so i built that box . doesnt look to great right now but after some ribs and some puty N paint it should come out well . i also moved the seats up and forward to where they should be ,or where they look a little better . i had it in mind to streatch the inst panel . but not so sure it will happen now due to i need the room for the 1inch tft screen that will dbl as a laptop screen , and the other 1 inch screen that will serve for the micro cam . i have now decided that this will be a san bernardino county sheriff heli although they dont own an md 500c , they do own a md600 notar . among others . they have way to many helis imo .
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:43 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,475 Posts
That's starting to look like something now. Well done. Moving the panel back and making a bench for the seats helped a whole bunch. I've still got lots to do in my interior and will get to it when I next have the two figures out. For the time being, there's enough done in there to look at until the right time comes around. Take care and keep going.

Don
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:44 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
did a little more work on the cock pit today i would say i am almost done with it .well as far as im gona o with it any how still need cyclic stic and finish the panel . there will only be flight controles on one side becouse other side will be used for the flight officer that controls flir and spot light and such . still need some blending and putty but its starting to look like a real cock pit imo
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:58 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
hmm what to do

well i have taken a break from the build becouse of fam emergency . and was forced to put my build up for sale to help out with the funeral of my sister in law . but all is well . i dont have to sell any more .thank goodness . my taxes arived and not a moment to soon !!!! so i got started on it rt away and put everything together as well as could be done . so that i could test fly . still far from finished on the build . but had to get the first flight out of the way here are some pics . i tride to stay over three feet but under 8 feet for the test . and it flew very nice . with exception to the tail drifting but that will be a gyro prob . so back to work i go thanks for lookin and the coments
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:23 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,475 Posts
Looks really good. I am going to go with attaching pictures like you have for the next little while as I used up my "Free" account this month. Man, that thread and others really burned up the bandwidth, lol. Looks like a nice helicopter in the air. Well done.

Don
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:19 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,601 Posts
Looks good. Sorry to hear about the loss in your family....
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:53 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
thanks guys . for the concern . and thanks for checking out my heli . meens alot .