Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:19 PM
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid6300shaikh View Post
hey matwelli,
I found it during vibration and thrust test that the motor is much efficient when it's pulling(upper motor) and when it's pushing(lower motor) there is a lot of mechanical noise and thrust is also not as required maybe because the can of motor is pressed against the bottom half of motor.
Can you do this for me: let both motors pull the dual copter change orientation of lower motor and post your results thank you..
sorry..no , that was 17 days ago - its already been pulled apart and rebuilt into a new design

i dont see any diference in tractor vs pusher config, if anything, when the motor is upside down it is quieter (on a conventional multirotor), the noise/vibration you are getting is because the prop on that motor is closer to the control vanes

if you check out my last experiment, you can see that getting rid of the vanes and directly tilting the motors works alot better
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:18 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Here's the best we could do with our dual copter.
but it keeps on losing altitude and also drifts side ways, what can I do to stabilize it.
Gains are P=260, I=25(Roll pitch) and P=100, I=20 (Yaw).
Skip to 3:14 for outside testing.
Skip to 3:52 for relatively good flight.

Thnx Helno, Matwelli, Rimshotcopter and Granted for your valuable suggestions.

Test compiled (5 min 7 sec)
sajid6300shaikh is offline Find More Posts by sajid6300shaikh
Last edited by sajid6300shaikh; Mar 17, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 01:29 PM
Canada, ON, Kincardine
Joined Feb 2009
527 Posts
Looks like a pretty massive improvement from the first few tests. Now you just need to tune it.
Helno is offline Find More Posts by Helno
Old Mar 16, 2013, 01:35 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Yeah there are plenty of tuning guide for quadcopters,
but those doesn't suit the dualcopter.
even after setting p gain too high, I didn't notice any oscillations.
sajid6300shaikh is offline Find More Posts by sajid6300shaikh
Old Dec 15, 2013, 07:54 PM
wuzhirui
Joined Dec 2013
9 Posts
Hi, sorry for being irrelevant to the topic discussed here but this is really urgent :/

I'm currently building a dualcopter but my craft is a box-design and I have 8 vanes for my control surfaces. (Like the Ball Drone design)
Any ways to configure my KK board to have both the Dualcopter fimware and the Airplane firmware??

I am intending on using the KK Plus 5.5d board.
wuzhirui is offline Find More Posts by wuzhirui
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:01 PM
Canada, ON, Kincardine
Joined Feb 2009
527 Posts
I think certain beta versions of the Openaero2 firmware can do a dual flight mode setup like that.

Any reason to use such and old board? KK2.0 has been out for over a year now and is a pretty massive improvement in performance.
Helno is offline Find More Posts by Helno
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:41 AM
wuzhirui
Joined Dec 2013
9 Posts
I'm building the craft for my school project; my components are reused from the previous students' craft :/ So most of the components here are old ones.. Just requested for the KK2.0 board but I'm not sure if I can get it..
Have looked at Openaero and they seem good to try! I'll update here again if I have progress with my craft. Thank you!
wuzhirui is offline Find More Posts by wuzhirui