SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:01 AM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
building Polaris #35 on the bench and #34 is done standing upright on he pic, been using foam tac on all my builds and loving it, now heres a question, i been scare to use foam tac for the tail assembly becuase there ios where the g10 1400kv be going,
Eric,you think i be safe to mount the plywood mount and then the tail section together with foam tac? should hold all the weight and torque of the motor right?

oo heck, im going to try it and test the holding of the critical section of the motor assembly, i will report back!!!! i believe it will hold just as good or even better then epoxy that i been using for that spot!

other pictue, all planes build with foam tac except the wing(purple and yellow), was build last year before i started using foam tac
-pete
One thing we found with the Mako, is that motor mounts with Foam-tac will loosen if the motor gets hot. Foam-Tac will soften with heat! Your fine if the motor does not get hot.

John.
aircontrol is online now Find More Posts by aircontrol
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:46 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircontrol View Post
One thing we found with the Mako, is that motor mounts with Foam-tac will loosen if the motor gets hot. Foam-Tac will soften with heat! Your fine if the motor does not get hot.

John.
Hi John,
You are correct, te Foam-Tac will soften up if it gets hot. I usually do a doubled up motor mount so I have not had that problem, I used pc of balsa wood behind my mount on my Mako, and so far no problem.
Thanks for the info

Eric.
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:49 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
building Polaris #35 on the bench and #34 is done standing upright on he pic, been using foam tac on all my builds and loving it, now heres a question, i been scare to use foam tac for the tail assembly becuase there ios where the g10 1400kv be going,
Eric,you think i be safe to mount the plywood mount and then the tail section together with foam tac? should hold all the weight and torque of the motor right?

oo heck, im going to try it and test the holding of the critical section of the motor assembly, i will report back!!!! i believe it will hold just as good or even better then epoxy that i been using for that spot!

other pictue, all planes build with foam tac except the wing(purple and yellow), was build last year before i started using foam tac
-pete
Hi Pete,
I'll say it again you are a Foam plane building machine!!!! Amazing as usual.Like John said I don't think you'll have a problem unless the motor gets hot, as for the rest, the Foam-Tac will be fine for the tail pod, it is very strong.

Thanks For Posting

Eric G
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Oct 2004
541 Posts
I am a little confused about the end of the contest ea. month.
When is the deadline for the entry?
The way i understand it the Nov. contest is over already, right?
So do we start entering for Dec. now or wait til Dec 1st?
OD
olddog is offline Find More Posts by olddog
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:03 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
I am a little confused about the end of the contest ea. month.
When is the deadline for the entry?
The way i understand it the Nov. contest is over already, right?
So do we start entering for Dec. now or wait til Dec 1st?
OD
HI OD,
Sorry about the confusion, it's my fault and it's just because of the way the crazy weather has been that I am behind, What I should have made clear, the October winners were just announced and the November contest is going on right now. Also know that all entries except for those that already won are still eligible for future monthly contests, The deadline is the end of the current month of the contest, unless we get another Hurricane Sandy, or some other natural disaster @#%&*, Pardon my use of punctuations LOL. Yes you can enter now for November, and know that if you do not win your entry is still valid for the next month's contest. So the next winners will be announced by the end of November or first week of December. Also know that I like to contact the winners first, before posting their names here just to make sure that they won't have a problem with their names being made public. Hope this makes sense, if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to bring them to my attention and I will do my best to clear them up, and bare with me as this is still a work in progress and some minor confusion is bound to arise from time to time.
Thanks for the heads up.
Eric
Beacon Adhesives
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:21 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Hey guys, that's ME in the vid

Also, hello everyone... after 15 days I've finally had my utilities restored and can stop living like the Amish!!!!

Bill
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:36 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Thank you to everyone that has ordered Foam-Tac from me. The new product arrived during my superstorm nightmare, but I will be resuming shipping today. Orders will be shipped in the order received, I thank you all for your patience while I was cut-off from the rest of civilization . For 15 days I was out of business due to our house having no power, no TV, no phone, no internet, HORRIBLE cell service, no data service, and a fuel shortage on top of it all! Not to mention all of the downed trees that needed cleaning up.

Bill
Last edited by billbo1970; Nov 13, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:19 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
All of the Foam-Tac orders were shipped out yesterday. Thank you all for your patronage & your patience... now back to contest related posts

Bill
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:41 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

HI All,

As you may know the winners for last months contest were announced, and we want to keep this contest going as I hope you do. In order for that to happen we need your submissions. As long as you keep posting your great work we still have a contest. You are all talented and creative, so don't be afraid to post your latest "Gem" and continue to amaze me, PLEASE!!! get in on it now and you could be the next "winner" and receive a $50.00 cash card and a bottle of the best foam glue around. So keep "sticken and clicken" for your chance to win.

Thanks,
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,495 Posts
I like the elipstik 260.
I may have to build that one!
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
ya, me too rich! what motor you using for it Eric? it looks cute

is the epp you use or depron type foam?

also on the F3p plane, i see you cut out a lot of spaces inside, is it still durable? or you reinforce it with something?

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:27 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
ya, me too rich! what motor you using for it Eric? it looks cute

is the epp you use or depron type foam?

also on the F3p plane, i see you cut out a lot of spaces inside, is it still durable? or you reinforce it with something?

-pete
HI Petey thanks,

On the F3P those are cutouts, I will cover with clear laminating film, I did the wing and tail the same way, this is made from $tree foam board I leave the paper on so no need to reinforce with carbon at all. The Elipstic 260 is made from $tree foam board with the paper left on so no need to add carbon to reinforce it. I taped the board first, like they do on Foam builder university here on the forums then I traced my plan outline and cut it out, it took me less then 1 hour from start to finish, now I'll add 2- 5 gram servos, my 6 channel micro reciever 10 gram motor, 10 amp esc and a 350 to 450 2 cell lipo should weigh about 4 ounces when finished, just waiting for the motor to arrive, prop will probably be a 4x75- 4x.75 or maybe a 4x1-4x1 will have to try both to see which is better. I am going to make one out of EPP also, just waiting for the foam. I love Foam-Tac, it puts me in the mood to build.....
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:20 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Elipstick 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
I like the elipstik 260.
I may have to build that one!
Hi Rich,
I have had the original Elipstick kit for about 15 years, I bought it from Tom Hunt at the second to last KRC, which was the Pennsylvania version of Neat Fair years ago. Tom had a booth there and used to sell his "Stick" line of planes designed for electric power, way ahead of his time, as his designs were and still are some of the best around for Electric power, He used an ingenious method for building, almost the whole plane was built using wood "rip cut" from sheets into strips, very light and strong, anyway I've had this kit a long time and I was talking to Carlos A.K.A. Doc E. about Tom's designs and he gave me the idea to build it in foam and Violla!!! Tom's designs lend themselves very well to foam construction. So I am giving a big shout out and "thumbs Up" to Tom Hunt for his contribution to this great hobby, Tom is just one of those great guys I was lucky enough to meet along the way.
BTW if I can be of any help to you in building this plane let me know if you like I can trace the outlines of the plan and send them to you if that helps. Let me know.
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:34 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,571 Posts
I have a Tumble Watt Plan, Dimwatt, Slomowatt, Miss Stick, Megawatt, Stickshell B25........ Depending on the power source, Tom has the plans and can scale up or down to our needs....

We can do some new ones like the Watt-twin, Watts Wet and Pete's favorite Watt You Mean By That Pop......

The Ellipstic should have a KF step at 40-50% of the total wing form...... Better yet....I think it would be easy to do by doing Top and Bottom Dollar Tree Pieces assembled Quesadilla Style rather than Taco
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Last edited by dr.E; Nov 16, 2012 at 08:42 AM.