SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:36 PM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Yippee!
Ever feel like you've made a friend in some transactions?

Upon reading the subject, can you say that you have? I honestly can. Not with one person (seller/buyer) but with several. Some transactions are a tad rough with no communication but the merchandise arrives alright.... acceptable none the less but you wish for more. Then there are some where folks talk you through the process and make you feel totally at ease. These are the sorts of folks that are a huge asset to the community and understand what trust is.

Thanks to those that have made buying/selling here a pleasure. To the others, take a minute and learn something from them.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:14 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,283 Posts
Trader Rating: 391
Yes I can.
Several times.
Most offen when with a pleasurable transaction and even with a few nasty one's.

Challenges and conflicts can bring out all the worse in a person, yet, can also bring out the best in a person.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:22 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,986 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
friends

Yes ! I "gave thanks" shortly after my first few trader deals.
I accept people for what they are...We see them all here,those who talk as if you're an old friend,and those whose only communication is text speak.,with some of the poorest spelling on the planet.
I asked for help,and many jumped in,and made me the trader I am today.

Your speaking of "friends"jogged a memory of a couple of weeks ago,when a lady was down on her luck,and some of HER friends asked THEIR friends to help.We did,and such a feeling of comaraderie prevailed for that weeked...We became a TEAM working together

OH yeah-you're gonna make friends here,man.....you can count on it.

I won't mention names,but there are guys now after just one or two deals,I just order from,and pay.No worries about if I'll get it-it'll show !

_Anyone who's seen my name on an order form- Thanks again !
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
If you give respect and communicate well, there is a better chance you'll get the same back. Most everyone I've dealt with here on RCG has been great.
SLOPERDUDE is offline Find More Posts by SLOPERDUDE
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:22 PM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Those on my list are held in high regard. These are folks that I feel have went above & beyond the normal take the money, send an email when it ships and call it a day. Instead, these are the kind of people that appreciate your business and make you feel like you could sit down and enjoy talking shop.

There's so much good to say that a Readers Digest version could be wrote about it. Again, thanks to those of late and future for the friendship. Here's to looking forward to another smooth deal with you.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
Last edited by Doubledog; Jul 07, 2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:17 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,777 Posts
Trader Rating: 179
Yep..I have several times...there is a LOT of good people on this site!!!!!.....Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:35 PM
Wasn't my fault, I had it and
United States, WV, Ripley
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
This site has shown me that there is ALOT of good people left on this planet!! Thanks to RCG!!
Wacky1 is offline Find More Posts by Wacky1
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2012
842 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
yea cheers , IVE been helped hundreds of times and try to help as much as possable with out too much opinion, !
quadcopter007fpv is offline Find More Posts by quadcopter007fpv
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:50 PM
Baboon McGoon
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Joined Jun 2002
681 Posts
Trader Rating: 91
Great thread DoubleDog; I totally concur with everything you've said!!! I too have met some truly wonderful people selling/buying stuff on this site. A terrific bonus. Many thanks to them again!!!
ClipperBill is offline Find More Posts by ClipperBill
Last edited by ClipperBill; Jul 06, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:44 PM
They all fly once
United States, CA, Rialto
Joined Nov 2005
104 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Being in communication during the whole buying/selling process is the key to a good transaction. I treat people the way I would want to be treated. It's worked for me.
jiggywatt is offline Find More Posts by jiggywatt
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:08 PM
Foamies are my homies!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
401 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
I try to treat people the way I would want to be treated. I do go above and beyond the minimum in order to get transactions and shipping handled quickly. The way I would hope to be treated as a buyer as well. I've had a couple of minor issues but in the end I made it right with the buyers and hope they were satisfied with how it was handled. If only more people would take the time to leave positive feedback when they have good transactions but that's a whole other topic.
Captain Ron is online now Find More Posts by Captain Ron
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:52 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Great purchase experience from "tc3wins"

I found this page and immediately saw things posted that I agree with and have just experienced recently myself. I decided to add my First Quad after many months watching and reading. "tc3wins" posted that he was selling a few quads on the classifieds.
What happened after contacting him has been one of the most Outstanding purchases I have ever made in many years. I have a perfect rating on EBay with over 400 transactions not to mention all my other internet transactions.
I incountered Stu who is a great person to deal with and a profectionest in his building and attention to detail. He made the whole purchase an easy totally satisfying experience. He has gone beyond a seller to me as a result of his, going out of his way to make the purchase and followup support perfect for my beginning as a Quad owner. I now feel I have a valued friend and fellow Quad owner in my world. I don't make theses comments without serious thought as a senior citizen on a limited income now I take every transaction seriously.

Carl (cmeisteriii)
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:56 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Mar 2004
67 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Several years ago I sold some items to Doubledog and after the transaction I would say we became friends. After a bit another friend of mine was transfered to where Doubledog lived so I gave him the email address and suggusted he look him up so he would have a friend in a strange land. Those two became close friends and remain so today. Selling something is always good but when you make a friend at the same time it is really great.
fargophil is offline Find More Posts by fargophil
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:27 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,620 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
I've got to give a shout out to RCMC!

We had some shipping issues and he must've called me 4 or 5 times to inform me of the progress of the shipping. This was all in the course of 2 days! Excellent communications!

I told RCMC that his customer service was way above normal and he told me that he was more interested in making a fair deal and making friends. Good guy!

-Mike
Stone1295 is offline Find More Posts by Stone1295