SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:09 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
Question
Skyartec 705 - Dual Servo Ailerons?

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the Skyartec 705 Transmitter to control two individual servos for the ailerons?

I have the Cessna 182 that used to have a single servo for the ailerons and one for the flaps. After some harsh landings (ok, make that a crash) the wing needed some repair. I ended up with the flaps disabled (glued solid) and a servo for each aileron. Rather than using a Y-adapter cable, I was hoping to enable a setting on the Tx.

I have tried plugging the servos into ports 1 and 5 / 6 / 7 on the Sky-Rx703, and have played with the Tx setup program, but cannot find a combination of settings that work.
ZippoZ is offline Find More Posts by ZippoZ
Last edited by ZippoZ; Feb 27, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:18 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoZ View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the Skyartec 705 Transmitter to control two individual servos for the ailerons?

I have the Cessna 182 that used to have a single servo for the ailerons and one for the flaps. After some harsh landings (ok, make that a crash) the wing needed some repair. I ended up with the flaps disabled (glued solid) and a servo for each aileron. Rather than using a Y-adapter cable, I was hoping to enable a setting on the Tx.

I have tried plugging the servos into ports 1 and 5 / 6 / 7 on the Sky-Rx703, and have played with the Tx setup program, but cannot find a combination of settings that work.
The original used a y-cable from the 2 servos into the aileron channel. With each servo mounted in opposite directions

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:31 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
Ok, thanks Max. I'll use a Y-cable.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:18 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
Aileron Servo Travel:

I have noticed that the Aileron Servo seems to have a reduced amount of travel compared to the Rudder and Elevator Servos. Its as though some sort of 'dual rate' setting is set to low, but none of the switches make any difference.

Its certainly not related to the servo itself (I can swap servos between channels and the issue persists on the Aileron channel).

Is there any way to allow full aileron servo travel?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Aileron Servo Travel:

I have noticed that the Aileron Servo seems to have a reduced amount of travel compared to the Rudder and Elevator Servos. Its as though some sort of 'dual rate' setting is set to low, but none of the switches make any difference.

Its certainly not related to the servo itself (I can swap servos between channels and the issue persists on the Aileron channel).

Is there any way to allow full aileron servo travel?
If you have the Sky706 Radio then Channel 1 is set for 50% on the Dual Rate Settings with the default Cessna configuration. You will have to use the Skyartec Program to change this setting with your computer and the USB plug

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:29 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
No, I have the Sky705 radio that came with the Cessna. It has the default Cessna configuration ini file on it. And as far as I can ascertain, there are no values in the ini file that affect the servo travel.

Is there any way to change the rate setting on the Sky705?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
No, I have the Sky705 radio that came with the Cessna. It has the default Cessna configuration ini file on it. And as far as I can ascertain, there are no values in the ini file that affect the servo travel.

Is there any way to change the rate setting on the Sky705?
Great question. No, I do not believe there is method to do this on the Sky705

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:19 AM
Apprenti
France, Basse-Normandie, Négreville
Joined Oct 2011
60 Posts
Hello ZippoZ, Skyartec radio settings are very limited. They don't give us any liberty ....
The only solution is a firmware update to give liberty to skyartec users !!!

Max, if you have good contacts at the factory, tell them about this ! I think we are a lot of persons witch want to configure as we like.
Bracame is offline Find More Posts by Bracame
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracame View Post
Hello ZippoZ, Skyartec radio settings are very limited. They don't give us any liberty ....
The only solution is a firmware update to give liberty to skyartec users !!!

Max, if you have good contacts at the factory, tell them about this ! I think we are a lot of persons witch want to configure as we like.
Sky 705 Transmitter is older version; no further updates will be available. Sky 706 is latest version and that is what is supported. Starting with the Sky 706 the firmware can be updated or changed if the factory releases an update

Regards
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:39 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
14 Posts
Hey Bracame,

I know how you feel. From these forums I can see there are a lot of frustrated owners of the older Skyartec radios. I am sure that many of these radios end up in the bubbish bin, just because of firmware limitations.

Has anyone opened up a Sky 706 Radio? I wonder if anything has actually changed in there? I bet it still has an STM8S microcontroller.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
Apprenti
France, Basse-Normandie, Négreville
Joined Oct 2011
60 Posts
Hi ZippoZ

I'll try to make my skt705 working -> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1621578

I hope i'll find a solution ...
Bracame is offline Find More Posts by Bracame