HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:17 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
Yippee!
New hoverfly support/rma site --------------------------------IMPORTANT

We have been working very hard to offer a better system for support. We have tried several solutions and used mojodesk for a short time (the link can be found in a few threads). We will now be using zendesk to support our products. A few of the highlights are:

Knowledge Base
Support Forums
Really nice and advanced ticket system
Lots of useful information

One of the best features is that we can track problems and enhance your experience with our products while improving our manufacturing quality.

So I would like to invite you to take a look at our new support page.

hoverflytech.zendesk.com

We will be adding lots of great info on the site and you can help by posting as well.

links to the Support page will be added to our website in the next day or so.

IMPORTANT: If you believe that you have a problem with one of your Hoverfly products, you MUST submit a ticket. In addition, please do not send us your products without first requesting and receiving an RMA number. Any products we receive (after the last few reach us) WITHOUT AN RMA will be rejected.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 03:37 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
Al, my board was I think one of the last ones through your previous RMA system and Im guessing you have a new company handling it?. I haven't had any replies to my questions from travis etc and would really appreciate an answer.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Oct 04, 2011, 09:07 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
I'll check.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 01:31 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
Thanks Al, all sorted, you guys are awesome.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 08:02 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
Hi al, sorry I don't have email access and am away for a few days. Dan had shipped my board to my address in Auckland bit he has got the wrong country. I AK in new Zealand not Australia. Thanked.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:45 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,671 Posts
So is George back and looking at the RMA returns yet?
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:20 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,671 Posts
Just saw my board had shipped out. Thank you guys and hopefully my HFP will be flying again shortly.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:03 PM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
Crash and Possible Gyro Damage

I had a little incident flying a large Hexacopter. I had a tupperware bowl for a helmet but unfortunately it broke and some of the shards of plastic were in contact with the board. Powering it up again it goes into programming mode. The light does not turn on either except for a brief flash when first plugging in power. I did a diagnostic test and everything responded except for the gyro. One of the two largest square looking chips does have a mark on top where some plastic most likely dragged across it but no physical looking damage. I looked with a close eye to see if there was any SMD's missing but did not find any (that I could see). How can I go about getting this repaired?
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:21 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspencer View Post
I had a little incident flying a large Hexacopter. I had a tupperware bowl for a helmet but unfortunately it broke and some of the shards of plastic were in contact with the board. Powering it up again it goes into programming mode. The light does not turn on either except for a brief flash when first plugging in power. I did a diagnostic test and everything responded except for the gyro. One of the two largest square looking chips does have a mark on top where some plastic most likely dragged across it but no physical looking damage. I looked with a close eye to see if there was any SMD's missing but did not find any (that I could see). How can I go about getting this repaired?
Looks like you have to send it into the HF repair department.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:32 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
I am sorry but we do not repair boards. However, we make every effort to keep our customers flying and happy. Please fill out a support ticket and I will see what I can do. Please include a High resolution photo of the top side of the board. There is a way to attach files when you fill out the support ticket.

Quote:
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:38 PM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
Rma 10053

I'm trying to find out the status on my repair for my HFP. I have the HFP with the damaged gyro chip.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:04 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
Quote:
I'm trying to find out the status on my repair for my HFP. I have the HFP with the damaged gyro chip.
I updated your ticket and you should receive an email. I believe your PRO should be sent shortly.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Jul 2009
42 Posts
Hello folks, I'm using the Hovierflypro and hoverflygps with firmware 4.0, and use the radio jr 11 channels when I call in auto leveling the spins to the left, this only happens when I'm in auto leveling, I have to do to solve the problem I am grateful.
SILVANOIVAN is offline Find More Posts by SILVANOIVAN
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:34 PM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
New Sport board yaws randomly

I have a sport board I purchased a little over a month ago. Its installed on a Y6 and it does fly but sometimes goes into a random uncontrollable yaw. On the setup client the artificial horizon doesn't seem to be moving when I move the ship correctly. It shows a very eratic/intermittent reading. The gyro test does pass. What am I doing wrong?