HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:06 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,212 Posts
jbarchuk, At this point the right one functions as it should. While trying the programming in the manual for the dissimilar brick. The left servo stopped functioning. Only leaving the right working. The right servo during inputs functioned in the correct directions according to inputs.

I am baffled as of right now. Give me a larger EDF or Warbird and I can figure it out right quick. these micro's have me stumped. But I do love my UMX Habu, lol.

Jason
FresnoJay is online now Find More Posts by FresnoJay
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:11 AM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,212 Posts
Does this look right? To me it looks like the 2 servo leads are reversed to one another. Is that normal? I know in normal RX's this means a fried servo.

Jason
Old Today, 12:50 AM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,212 Posts
Ok so after some experimentation and digging I got it to work. I had to set my 6i to dual Aileron and now everything works. Please excuse my idiocy on this matter. The plane came with no instructions and the manual that I could find has no mention of needing to do this before or after binding. But it does seem to work now and the AS3X also seems to be working. I have a lot to learn in the micro arena.

Jason
Old Today, 02:55 AM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay View Post
Does this look right? To me it looks like the 2 servo leads are reversed to one another. Is that normal? I know in normal RX's this means a fried servo.
I saw your other post about 'fixed' so that's very cool. Very weird that setting a plane to 'one aileron' would send a signal to the other aileron channel, but that's a different issue. My point was that reversal in UM linear servos isn't that rare. It's happened to me only once but mentioned in many UM threads many times.

These micro servo plugs are keyed and cannot be plugged in backwards.

I can see by your post count that you're not a newbie here. Where you got the idea that a reversed servo can fry it, I have no clue. A reversed servo plug simply causes the servo to not work. I've -heard- that that was not true in the very early days of servos, but the pinouts were revised very quickly to account for that. In modern servos the two outer pins are signal and ground. Reversing those essentially fails to power the servo, so nothing -either- good or bad happens. Reverse it again so it's correct and it works.
jbarchuk is offline Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Today, 07:17 AM
Murphy(s law) knows no mercy
Germany, BW, Niederstetten
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
This servos can be reversed very easily (in case the receiver doesn't provide reversal of single channels). Connect signal wire of servo to power wire and then connect the servo to power and ground (see attached picture).

The brick in the Beast should be Spektrum AR6410LBL (manual attached).

Klaus
KAL64 is offline Find More Posts by KAL64
Old Today, 09:45 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,188 Posts
Quote:
Ok so the brick manual you posted is not for the same brick in this beast. This beast has the EFLU4864 brick with the built in servos. Any hits on that ones manual? Horizon comes up nothing.

Jason
There is no manual for the Beast brick. Everything is the same, aside from the integrated elevator & rudder servos on the Beast brick.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:47 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,188 Posts
Quote:
Ok so after some experimentation and digging I got it to work. I had to set my 6i to dual Aileron and now everything works. Please excuse my idiocy on this matter. The plane came with no instructions and the manual that I could find has no mention of needing to do this before or after binding. But it does seem to work now and the AS3X also seems to be working. I have a lot to learn in the micro arena.

Jason
If you look closely, you will see that AS3X is only active on one aileron when the brick is programmed for dual-channel ailerons. You need to re-program the brick for single-channel ailerons, as I noted before.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 01:55 PM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,212 Posts
jbarchuk, No I am no newbie to RC in general or to flight. But the micro world yes. I have fried a few servos in my day mixing up wires/plugs when in a hurry.

KAL64, Thanks for the link but think I am even more perplexed now than before. But having the manual helps greatly to now what I am doing.

turboparker, Ok I understand what you are saying and have discovered upon closer investigation that the left side servo is not moving when the AS3X is active when they are acting in the correct directions. However no matter what I try to do I cannot get it to function in single channel Aileron mode. The surfaces will not move in the appropriate fashion. They still just move up and down in sync as an elevator/flap.

Tried the following:
1. Reversing CH2 in the brick = No joy
2. Reversing CH2 in the radio = No joy
3. Reversing CH6 in the radio = No joy

The above was all done with single channel Ailerons selected on the brick. With Dual Ailerons in the radio off. Also when I tried the above with Dual Ailerons active in the radio it reverted back to the surfaces working together in the same direction as opposed to moving in the correct aileron fashion. What am I missing?

Jason
Old Today, 02:41 PM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,212 Posts
As a side note. I know when I go into and out of single Aileron mode as 1 of the ailerons stops moving all together. The one that stops working is the left one. Note I call left/right as the positions if you were sitting in the plane or standing behind it.

Jason
Old Today, 07:21 PM
Canada, BC, Delta
Joined Feb 2013
167 Posts
Official Eflite UMX Beast Owners thread!

Set the brick back to stock and reverse the servo with a servo reversing cable
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=7324452
Kryton is online now Find More Posts by Kryton