HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Mike, Great Slide Show! Thanks for the link! I loved the visit to NZ to see all those wonderful reproductions!
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:29 AM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,697 Posts
Hey... where was the DH-5? lol That 'Fee' really needs to be modeled... what a monster! Whenever I build a 1/4 Fokker Drl it'll be E. Mohnicke's blue tailed one like you have there! Nice Pics and Thanks!
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Jan 21, 2014, 02:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
In my never ending quest for documentation, I had collected some William Wylam drawings of World War One airplanes back in the 1980s. I knew that there were more drawings from William Wylam, Willis Nye and Joseph Nitto and I had always wanted all of these drawings. I found out form Packardpursuit that all of these drawings were available in book form from Air Age Media, the publishers of Model Airplane News. I went to their website and found the book referenced and placed an order back on December 6th, 2013. I waited for the 3-4 weeks I was told it could take for them to process and mail my copy and never received my order. A week ago last Friday I emailed Air Age Media asking them to check on my order. I received no reply! Yesterday, I called Air Age Media and was told they have the order; but, no street address was given. I asked how it could be, that they had processed payment, without getting the information they needed to complete and ship my order.

The person who I called said that she would have someone call me about this problem! I don't expect a phone call on this. I do feel this is the same as theft, taking money when they could not complete the order because of missing information. They had my email and phone number and certainly could have contacted me had they done one ounce of work to remedy the situation.

Air Age doesn't have very high esteem with me!
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
Old Jan 21, 2014, 04:56 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,551 Posts
Could it be the larceny actually started way back when Wylam and the other hacks invented detail and features that never occurred on the real aircraft?

" Sarcasm? ", asked Sheldon, blankly. " Yes.", Leonard answered.

Back to reality: It is a real shame that they took your money and aren't addressing the situation to your satisfaction. Kinda the way things seem to be going these days.
packardpursuit is online now Find More Posts by packardpursuit
Closed Thread