SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2013, 07:56 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Taupaki
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
New Product
Soko Kit: ONE Tool for ALL sizes and ALL brands of helicopter

Hey guys,

Are you looking for one setup tool that does it all? Are you annoyed buing a new swash leveler for each size of heli and ending up with a none fitting one?

We took the challenge to invent the one setup tool for all sizes and brands of helicopter. It doesn't matter if you're a pro pilot or if you build your first helicopter. Our praised instructions PDF takes care of it.

NEW: Measure your tail pitch angle!

The Soko Kit is the tool for a precise, easy and fast setup of

swash plate level (at all pitch angles)
collective and cyclic pitch angle
servo mid and end points
fine tuning of linkage length
centre of gravity
absolute horizontal (spirit) level of helicopter
pitch angle of the tail blades

All this comes

for all helicopter sizes
for all helicopter brands
with a resolution of 0.1 degree
with step by step instructions
with "fast-forward" version of instructions

So go and check it out on www.soko-heli-tools.com
soko is offline Find More Posts by soko
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2013, 07:05 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
Hey guys!

We have great news to announce shortly.
So stay tuned:

Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
our OWN US STORE is open for business

Hi everyone,

We just opened our US Store at us-store.soko-heli-tools.com with great prices of our products for all of you guys living in the United States.

The best thing though is we ship for free and with tracking number using USPS Priority Mail.

Soko

Old Aug 06, 2013, 03:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
New online calculators

Hey guys,

We have three great online calculators on our website:

The newest one is the Charger and PSU calculator:
It calculates general values for your charger and PSU for a given charging setup (battery-type, how many in parallel, charging rate).
In addition it gives you detailed values for specific chargers, like the iCharger, and a suiting PSU for it.

A related calculator called the Lipo battery calculator helps by determining the real-life C rate of your LiPos - in contrast to the values the manufacturer are claiming.

Finally there is the Tail pitch calculator. Measure just three distances on your tail and it calculates you your tail pitch without any tool.

Soko
Old Oct 07, 2013, 04:09 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
Nick Maxwell is the newest member of the Soko Kit user group.
Here you can read what he has to say.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
Hey guys,

Thinking about a Soko Kit or Soko Helical? Now its the time to get one!

The special discounted price will end this month.

So go to us-store.soko-heli-tools.com before its too late

Soko
Old Oct 27, 2013, 01:25 PM
United States, OR, Yamhill
Joined Aug 2013
47 Posts
No Tracking instructions

I just downloaded and read through the entire manual, thre are no tracking instructions ?, is this because that is a no brainer procedure ?

I see this as the best reason for me to purchase this tool.

A. I don't care if my mast is absolutely vertical !. I placed a 1/4"spacer between my rear landing gear support and the airframe to get my tail fin up anyway ( very uneven back yard ).

B, using the BX my swash seems very level, lift off is always straight up without cyclic imput and the heli sits still when 2 to 3 " off the deck. I see the benifit, ust not a high priority for me

C. I set max collective with the old fashion gauge, though I can see the benifit of a digital display. Same benifit seen for cyclic throws.

I measure the two pitch change linkages on my I2 main heads with calipers to get my tracking. visual chack during hover shows one blade track, but I can see the benifit of checking each grip as they are over the tail ( or same place ) just to be absolutely sure.

Just wondering about the missing tracking info, maybe it's too basic to even put in the manual ?
skered53 is offline Find More Posts by skered53
Old Oct 27, 2013, 04:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
Hey skered53,

Everybody loves the fact that blade tracking isn't needed anymore with the Soko Kit procedure. We did not left it out because its too simple to do though...
Your blades are automatically in track once you're done with the setup. Its "integrated" if you want to see it like this.
Of course this is only true if your blades themselves are balanced (same weight and CoG). Which means the Soko Kit gives you perfect tracked blade grips but can't do anything about bad main blades.

To your other points I'd like to say some things just to make sure you will get the best results possible:
An absolute vertical mast is not needed to make your heli fly better. But it is a must for the procedure to work. Same thing (more or less) with the other points.
In a nutshell: Please follow the whole instructions as best as possible to get the best results.

In the next version we will make more clear what is needed if you i.e. just want to check your collective pitch...

Soko
Old Oct 31, 2013, 07:37 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,754 Posts
This tool looks nice! I have so many already. Very tempted....
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 31, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
Let me convince you by linking to this, this and this thread

And most important: The discounted price ends today!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
New manual-PDF v2.3 and new website design

After a lot of research effort we are proud to announce our new instructions-PDF v2.3 and the new website design.

Instructions-PDF now 58 pages full of valuable information about helicopter and their setup:
Thanks to the great fan base of the Soko Kit we were able to improve our manual even more. Each setup step was carefully revised and equipped with a troubleshooting section which answers most of the questions we’ve got asked over the last months.
We also added a new section called “A brief story of head geometry” which will especially please all thorough hobbyists. It investigates in detail the way of an input at the transmitter sticks to the main blade pitch to find out what’s important on a setup and what’s not. We investigate the head design of 3 different helicopter sizes and brands to reveal some secrets to their behaviour. Finally we talk about how to achieve a mechanically perfect setup head.

Website in new design:
The clean and bright design of the website emphasizes the sole position of the Soko Kit as an instrument for all setups, all sizes and all brands of helicopter. Because it’s not just a great pitch gauge, it’s a unique setup methodology.

So go and hone your flying skills - we honed the setup.

Old Dec 19, 2013, 05:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
The whole team of Soko Heli Tools wishes you and your loved ones a verrry merry christmas and a great year 2014.
Thanks to each and everyone of you for all the support you've given to a small company from the end of the world - kinda like Santa himself

2014 gonna be a great year with great and new things to come to you!
One of which we like to give you as a kinda xmas present - especially to all Aussie guys: In January you will be able to get our awesome Soko Kit from one of your local retailers!!

Last edited by soko; Dec 19, 2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:55 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,178 Posts
I am very upset .

I have too many helis that I need to re-do the pitch on since I got this tool . I didn't realize how bad they were ,and good enough before the tool was not even close .

Now after Re doing all the heads , they track strait and are a lot smoother and so balanced when spinning .

So Why Soko Why didn't this tool come out 3 years ago when I started with Helicopters

And
Merry Christmas !!!!
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Dec 21, 2013, 09:46 AM
Noob
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2013
30 Posts
After doing a bunch of reading of the reviews on here, I just ordered a Soko kit!
I'm quite the noob to the RC heli world and hope this product will help me set up my helis properly.
Thanks!

And Merry Christmas to me.
Edin508 is offline Find More Posts by Edin508
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
216 Posts
new vids online

Hey guys

We did some new vids for the new year

The main video is a quick setup guide - is just 4 minutes long - and gives a great overview of how the setup with the Soko Kit works - for all sizes and brands of helis:
Quick Setup Guide with the Soko Kit

The second one is another quick setup guide utilizing the rotor head stopper disc position:
Quick Setup Guide with the Soko Kit (head stopper version)

The final video shows off the (mostly known) procedure to setup the centre of gravity (CoG) anytime, anywhere and without any tools:
Centre of gravity setup

Soko