HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Oct 2006
281 Posts
Discussion
ETOC Qualifier event at HEF

It's ON

There's nothing like those crazy 3D people when they come at you asking for a chance to show what they got! We have received word that Dave Lockhart and friends will be able to help us present this event at the HEF. Looks like it will be on Saturday Dec 8 in the afternoon. More info coming soon!

Let's get this thread going. Discuss the event, how it works, and PLEASE let us know that you're interested in coming to watch or compete!!
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
Last edited by themudduck; Nov 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:18 AM
Team Futaba
Rochester New York
Joined Oct 2004
954 Posts
---H.E.F. 1st Annual F3P Contest and ETOC Qualifier---

This will be an F3P style event composed of three Precision classes as well as Aero-musical. We will determine the number of classes and rounds to be flown based on the level of participation and the allotted time. It will be held on Saturday December 8th from 3-7pm in the 3D area . We are planning on having a practice flight line available for use on Friday and Saturday before the contest located on the back wall opposite the mail flight line.

I have attached the sequences and descriptions of the maneuvers courtesy of Xavier Mouraux and Harry Ells from the Canadian F3P website. This contest will be judged based on FAI Criteria you can find this attached below as well.

To have your name added to the participation list please fill out a registration form and email it to me at dmcgrath009@gmail.com Also any questions about the event can be posted in this thread or emailed to me. I will do my best to update this information as we get closer to the event.

ETOC Qualifier- The top pilot in the AM class who did not fly in last years ETOC will earn themselves a spot in this years ETOC

The registration Deadline is Saturday December 1st. I will do my best to personally contact people who I know would be interested in this contest because this is such a short notice. Our goal is to put on a contest to grow interest in F3P in the United States and continue this event in the future.

Confirmed Pilot list ! -

F3P AM

Clay Wheaton
Dave Lockhart
Mike Hubbard
Devin McGrath
Rj Gritter
Paul Hepworth
Scott Barnhart
Jamie Hicks
Jeff Rusyniak

F3P AP

Clay Wheaton
Ken Velez
Dave Lockhart
Mike Hubbard
Devin McGrath
Rj Gritter
Paul Hepworth
Scott Barnhart
Jamie Hicks
Pat MacKenzie

intermediate
Ron McGrath
Bryan Mailloux
Jeff Hatton
Micheal Wilkinson

Sportsman
Azarr
Arron Bates
Ron Lockhart
Jeff Rusyniak
Randall Gibson
Devin McGRath is offline Find More Posts by Devin McGRath
Last edited by Devin McGRath; Dec 08, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
What part of the arena will it use? The 3D?
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:37 PM
Mississauga (Toronto), Canada
Joined Oct 2004
52 Posts
I'm in!!
RC Technics is offline Find More Posts by RC Technics
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:53 PM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
What part of the arena will it use? The 3D?
Pete,

We are hoping to setup a flight line on the back wall of the venue for practice on Fri/Sat...there is generally very little (if any) overflight from the racetrack area (based on observation in 2011). The contest itself will take place in the 3D area.

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is online now Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:02 PM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
319 Posts
A quick note on the FAI regulations posted above by Devin; SC4_Vol_F3_Aerobatics_12.pdf

The section specifically relevant to F3P is from pages 60 to 69. While the intent is to follow the rules to the extent possible, a couple variations will certainly occur depending on the final number of pilots / helpers, and the logistics of the venue itself. For example, FAI requires all aircraft takeoff and land from the runway / ground surface. This requirement anticipates the surface is a smooth gym floor, not turf found at HEF. Therefore, the practical enforcement will be all aircraft must be capable of taking off and landing (ie, have landing gear). Additionally, as the Intermediate and Sportsman classes are provisional, the takeoff and landing requirements (ie, landing gear) will be waived in the interest of allowing greater participation.

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the rules.

During the HEF event, prior to the contest, "we" (myself, Devin, RJ, and other experienced pilots) will endeavor to be available to answer questions and coach any pilots interested in participating in the event.

And...if you are interested in helping out as a judge, scribe, score runner, etc, please let us know.

Regards,

Dave
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveL322 View Post
Pete,

We are hoping to setup a flight line on the back wall of the venue for practice on Fri/Sat...there is generally very little (if any) overflight from the racetrack area (based on observation in 2011). The contest itself will take place in the 3D area.

Regards,

Dave
Cool thanks Dave.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Sounds awesome and nice to see. I,d love to come and give this a shot but busy that weekend. Maybe next time.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Aug 2010
15 Posts
I will try to be there... if I can get a plane together in time I will fly intermediate, otherwise I can judge if needed
jhatton is offline Find More Posts by jhatton
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
Late
Lebanon, OH
Joined Oct 2003
301 Posts
Thank you for organizing this Devin! I will love to help in any way that I can. I will judge as much as needed.

I will also offer airplanes if anyone needs something to fly, let me know
Hubb is offline Find More Posts by Hubb
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:14 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,219 Posts
Intermediate!?... I said I'd fly basic...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:27 AM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Intermediate!?... I said I'd fly basic...
It seems you've been promoted!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:15 PM
Team Futaba
Rochester New York
Joined Oct 2004
954 Posts
Lol ok fine
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
What are the limitations on airplanes for Sportsman? I might join Azzar if I have something I could fly. Right now my only flyable "3D" plane is the micro size 4-site. Too small?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:07 PM
Team Futaba
Rochester New York
Joined Oct 2004
954 Posts
There is no minimum size so you can fly the micro 4site you may be more successful with a bigger airplane if you can come up with one bit font let that stop you from competing its allot of fun!