HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:25 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Doc,
You are correct, the KF4 wing should be 40 to 50% of the wing, I will correct that by building another Elipstick with a "Quesadilla" type wing minus the meat and cheese of course... I will add a spar then make another wing with a severe taper and add it to the top the bend it to conform to the bottom and hopefully have a more true wing with the correct contours, I will post post pics later tonight of Elisptick #2, Don't touch that dial, and stay tuned!!!

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:45 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Doc E,
OK i fixed the wing on the foam board Elipstick 260, basically I filled in the top and bottom of the wing to make the KF4 wing about 50% of total wing, I flew it today and flies awesome very fast for it's size and very manouverable, I think I am going to add a rudder to it just to make it more fun. I will ad a 5 gram servo do not really any weight penalty to worry about. It flies the same inverted as upright and high rates make it roll very fast lands like a trainer. I will be working on building the larger version this week. I'll try to post video weather permitting.

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:20 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
you know guys, it really sucks when you dry out of any type of foam at home, cant build anything, had to talk to wife, watch movie with wife, go out dinner with wife,clean hobby room, then make sweet _ _ _ _ with wife god i love my other half, im lucky to have a wife that lets me build,go to field, go to funflys,
but i can only do it for so long!!! its been 3 days no foam!!!!!

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:24 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
you know guys, it really sucks when you dry out of any type of foam at home, cant build anything, had to talk to wife, watch movie with wife, go out dinner with wife,clean hobby room, then make sweet _ _ _ _ with wife god i love my other half, im lucky to have a wife that lets me build,go to field, go to funflys,

-pete

Pete, I guess you will have to order a plane already built ... say you bought it for her so you can teach her to fly

PS sounds like you are getting the shakes ... just how much glue fumes have you been exposed to ?
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:01 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
lol, thats a good one WM! but i used that trick once too many

hmm...about 4 bottles of foam tac in past 2 weeks on all the things i been building including a full size Mako of yours

you know what, you have a point, its not that foam tac is addictive on building but also for snuffing as a side bonus for us when we build!!!

-pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:53 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Petey,
I am so sorry for you, I think we should start a Foam-Drive charity right here on RCgroups, Imagine the commercial... it opens up, we see a man (Petey) sitting on a bench at a club field surrounded by about 100 foam planes that he has built in about a month, it's a cloudy, rainy, windy, cold day but still he went out to try to fly,
in the background the camera focuses as it pans wide and we see Petey's wife, in the background holding an umbrella, smiling real big, and she say's in a sweet voice, Hi Honey, Baby, Darling, I am so sorry you can't fly again today, and I also feel so bad that the big brown truck never showed up again with your foam. But you know you have been sitting here for 3 days, it's time to pack up and go home, And Petey looks up at her with a tear in his eye and says: Why, Why oh Why!!! How can this be? I ordered that foam almost 3 weeks ago, where can it be? Petey's wife looks at him lovingly and says, I don't know with an impish smile, and then she says: It's OK I have planned a wonderful afternoon, You and I are going shopping, then out to get something to eat, after that when we get home we can have some special fun together, as she winks at Petey and tilts her head in that way that women do when they want something from their man, and then we see Petey looking up at the sky silently screaming, Oh no!!! not again 2 weeks in a row, I am only a man how many times can I do this????? Help!!!!!!!! and the camera fades away and in the distance we see the UPS guy counting the bribe money he got from Petey's wife, not to deliver to his house, and the scene ends with the UPS driver stuffing the money in his shirt while driving away with a truck load of MPF foam and Petey's face with tears streaming down as he watches the brown truck pass his house yet again, fade to black.......Then announcer comes on and says: Don't let this happen to you donate now to the Foam builders of America and prevent such a cruel thing from happening again. The End...

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:10 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hey Petey,
I am so sorry for you, I think we should start a Foam-Drive charity right here on RCgroups, Imagine the commercial... it opens up, we see a man (Petey) sitting on a bench at a club field surrounded by about 100 foam planes that he has built in about a month, it's a cloudy, rainy, windy, cold day but still he went out to try to fly,
in the background the camera focuses as it pans wide and we see Petey's wife, in the background holding an umbrella, smiling real big, and she say's in a sweet voice, Hi Honey, Baby, Darling, I am so sorry you can't fly again today, and I also feel so bad that the big brown truck never showed up again with your foam. But you know you have been sitting here for 3 days, it's time to pack up and go home, And Petey looks up at her with a tear in his eye and says: Why, Why oh Why!!! How can this be? I ordered that foam almost 3 weeks ago, where can it be? Petey's wife looks at him lovingly and says, I don't know with an impish smile, and then she says: It's OK I have planned a wonderful afternoon, You and I are going shopping, then out to get something to eat, after that when we get home we can have some special fun together, as she winks at Petey and tilts her head in that way that women do when they want something from their man, and then we see Petey looking up at the sky silently screaming, Oh no!!! not again 2 weeks in a row, I am only a man how many times can I do this????? Help!!!!!!!! and the camera fades away and in the distance we see the UPS guy counting the bribe money he got from Petey's wife, not to deliver to his house, and the scene ends with the UPS driver stuffing the money in his shirt while driving away with a truck load of MPF foam and Petey's face with tears streaming down as he watches the brown truck pass his house yet again, fade to black.......Then announcer comes on and says: Don't let this happen to you donate now to the Foam builders of America and prevent such a cruel thing from happening again. The End...

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
What an imagination!
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:23 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post
What an imagination!
If you ask me, I think he's huffing more glue than he's selling

Bill
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:31 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post

-pete
From a single guy ,the part that scared me was (a wife thats LETS me build go to the field ,go to funflys ) It very well could be the glue tho.
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:35 AM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
hahaha you guys are too much, but i love that fatacey scene you got there Eric! got ups notice my MPF should be here today!!!! thanks to springer and DZ for the fast shipping, my shakes will go away by tonight, if my wife really didnt bribe Charlie( my UPS driver)!!!!!

-pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
Just kidding mean baby ,i might as well be maried to my girfriend ,we have a 10 year old son together and still she is still trying to get that ring on my finger and through my nose to. lol joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:55 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Guy,
Thanks for reading "MY" life story transferred to words and applied to Petey, my wife bribed the UPS driver so many times last year, he now delivers the packages in a brown Mercedes Benz!!!! So try to relax and stop shaking Pete, your foam will be there before you know it. And I hope you are going to post more pictures for the Foam-Tac contest and more of your videos, I love those I especially liked the last one you did, formation flying???? looked more like combat to me, but hey! I still loved it. BTW I bet if Petey gets his foam today he'll have at least 3 more planes finished by tomorrow, just remember lots of pictures OK... So keep "sticken and clicken" and have lots of fun, that goes for everybody get some pics posted for the November contest you still have lots of time.
I wish all a healthy and happy Thanksgiving.
Eric
Beacon Adhesives
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post
What an imagination!
Imagination is what's left after the mind is completely gone, and I should know.. I think?

Eric
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
After a long hard day at work I come home to find a big box waiting for me.Hmm awful big box,Is that the battery chargers I ordered?Looking at the label it says BeaconBoy my imagination was going as I ripped it open,I mean this thing could hold 100 bottles of foam-tac.It was like Christmas as I threw foam peanuts everywhere to get at my prize.Thank you Eric and Beacon people you had my heart a beating.

I recieved the NEW version of Foam-tac.Just as my bottle is running really low too.I can't wait to try it,and I have plenty to build so I will report back as I build 3 80% Blazy Bee's for the nephews x-mas presents.That's what the battery chargers are for too btw.

We had some fine flying weather here lately and I had the Whitly ready to roll.After I mixed the ailerons with the rudders and put 16g on the nose,She flies Great,I'm very happy with it.I will try and get some video up soon.Thanks again.Scott.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:06 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

ups send me upddate, delivery on the 21th,

guess ima going watch some Bones then the mobs doc and finally 5'o!!!! hehehehe

-pete
RCG Plus Member