Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:07 AM
Australia, VIC, Narre Warren South
Joined Jul 2012
78 Posts
Discussion
Problem getting to www.rctimer.com

Looks like from Australia the website cannot load and fails with:
Not Found
The requested URL /error.htm was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I work for a US company so when at work the internet gateway is in the US and access if fine, anyone else have this issue?
Zapphoid is offline Find More Posts by Zapphoid
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:48 PM
Unregistered Nightflyer
Joined Jul 2009
158 Posts
Page loaded just fine. I think there is a fix for this, its been mentioned in a few threads just dont recall how exactly.

This might help: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
kavic5150 is offline Find More Posts by kavic5150
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:59 PM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapphoid View Post
Looks like from Australia the website cannot load and fails with:
Not Found
The requested URL /error.htm was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I work for a US company so when at work the internet gateway is in the US and access if fine, anyone else have this issue?
Yes i have too this issue. Im from Czech Republic (Europe). It starts maybe 8 hours ago. Web replyed to me 500 (server error). After few hours it changed to 102 (server refused to reply). Now some page is loading, but there is something like "Web Server's Default Page".

Does rctimer forgot to pay for hosting?
matlos is offline Find More Posts by matlos
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150 View Post
Page loaded just fine. I think there is a fix for this, its been mentioned in a few threads just dont recall how exactly.

This might help: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
I guess the page you linked is able to reveal if some page returns for example 404 or 500 http error. But rctimer.com is normally loaded for me (code 200) but shows something wrong...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
Judging by the page shown now and the ridiculous amount of outages they have suffered recently I believe they have opted to switch service providers and are now installing their website on their new host. Hopefully that works for them.
AsylumET is offline Find More Posts by AsylumET
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Can anyone please recommend to me some shop instead of rctimer.com, where can I buy:
  1. Crius all in one pro v1.1
  2. GPS reciever CN-06
  3. Some good and fast ESC suitable for quad. 20-25A. SimonK support is advantage
Free shipping is a advantage I really need order this things in few hours :-/
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlos View Post
Can anyone please recommend to me some shop instead of rctimer.com, where can I buy:
  1. Crius all in one pro v1.1
  2. GPS reciever CN-06
  3. Some good and fast ESC suitable for quad. 20-25A. SimonK support is advantage
Free shipping is a advantage I really need order this things in few hours :-/
You could try goodluckbuy. I've purchased from them in the past. Not a great experience but no worse than rctimer really.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumET View Post
You could try goodluckbuy. I've purchased from them in the past. Not a great experience but no worse than rctimer really.
Im checking GLB right now. But is there some good ESC? The page is not well-arranget at all.

Is for example this http://www.goodluckbuy.com/30a-brush...er-4-pack.html fast enought for quadcopter?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlos View Post
Im checking GLB right now. But is there some good ESC? The page is not well-arranget at all.

Is for example this http://www.goodluckbuy.com/30a-brush...er-4-pack.html fast enought for quadcopter?
I have not used the mystery ESCs myself but in terms of specifications... The ESC you want to use would depend largely on the motors you intend to use. I use 30A ESCs with 750Kv motors and 1045 props which works good for most of my uses.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joined Jan 2013
97 Posts
Avoid as possible dealing with rctimer , the worst ever seen ...... They send spoof e mails regarding your shipment , first send you fake track number for FedEx ? Then send day send you another e mail ...... Does this address is correct ? Third ... Forth ..fifth .. No one answer your e mail although I had paid more than 40$ for items worth 100$ and they just ignored you completely ? Didn't find any representative even not a single telephone number ... Not even had an online chat , I had report them for PayPal as I don't know its fraud or not ? They way they act looks suspicious , again stay way from the in trusted Chinese crooks , although rctimer products a bit know now but to its not worth it at all
Adel Badr is offline Find More Posts by Adel Badr
Old Mar 01, 2014, 02:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,868 Posts
My location: Taiwan

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor