Closed Thread
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:10 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Discussion
Hobby Lobby in Morgan Hill???

So cool! I live in San jose and drove by today to Lake Anderson on Cochrane Road and saw a big sign saying home of Hobby Lobby...

very excited...can't wait for them to open to check it out. It's nice to see an outstanding vendor in my own backyard!

I did a quick Google search and here it is:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/m...d97e2ebb3.html
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:13 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
hmmmmmmmm.....now that I look again, it doesn't look like the hobby lobby we know...

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/

can anyone confirm if it's the one above or another retailer?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:15 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
shoot...it looks like it is this one:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/

but when I'm on that site, they also reference http://www.hobby-lobby.com/

hmmmm....are these guys related...perhaps owned by the same people?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,465 Posts
I stopped into a Hobby Lobby store in Pensacola, Florida thinking that it was Hobby-Lobby, it wasn't anything like it. More like a Michaels Crafts combined with a Pier One.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:46 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
I stopped into a Hobby Lobby store in Pensacola, Florida thinking that it was Hobby-Lobby, it wasn't anything like it. More like a Michaels Crafts combined with a Pier One.
Thanks Joe. After taking a 2nd look, I'm sure you're 100% correct. That's too bad, was hoping to see hobby-lobby here in my own backyard.

Although I'd be interested to see if there's a relation between these guys...why the same name (cause of confusion), and the hobbylobby.com site even references the hobby-lobby site too.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:22 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,638 Posts
Unfortunately, there are two companies called "Hobby Lobby". One is the hobby store located in Brentwood, TN that we all know and love, and this is the only storefront they have. The other is a nationwide chain of craft stores similar to Jo-Ann's and Michael's.

Because of the constant confusion between hobbyists and crafters, each company has a link to the others website at the top of their web pages.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But the craft store is good for one thing, Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:31 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Unfortunately, there are two companies called "Hobby Lobby". One is the hobby store located in Brentwood, TN that we all know and love, and this is the only storefront they have. The other is a nationwide chain of craft stores similar to Jo-Ann's and Michael's.

Because of the constant confusion between hobbyists and crafters, each company has a link to the others website at the top of their web pages.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But the craft store is good for one thing, Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.

Pat
Tx for clearing that up.
Closed Thread