SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2014, 09:17 AM
Foam is my friend!!!
United States, NY, Depew
Joined Mar 2014
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwchris View Post
Well, if you insist... This is from the front deck. The cliff on the right has a path to the top of it. There are some even larger ones about, so you can see my curiosity about a water landing. I've dunked the Flyzone Beaver motor a few times, as have others, and it seems fine. The plane does not stay on its nose for long, and right side up or upside down, it floats like a cork. Heck, if I have to buy a new motor every year, I could live with that! Anyhow, thanks to you all.
-Chris
You need to look at the Polaris!! Its a great waterproof design and can do it all! Its on the foamies scratch built forum
NewZee is offline Find More Posts by NewZee
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2014, 02:43 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwchris View Post
Well, if you insist... This is from the front deck. The cliff on the right has a path to the top of it. There are some even larger ones about, so you can see my curiosity about a water landing. I've dunked the Flyzone Beaver motor a few times, as have others, and it seems fine. The plane does not stay on its nose for long, and right side up or upside down, it floats like a cork. Heck, if I have to buy a new motor every year, I could live with that! Anyhow, thanks to you all.
-Chris
Nice view !
choopi is online now Find More Posts by choopi
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:05 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,251 Posts
A quick video, fall is in full force in New Brunswick! Best time for flying, no bugs and nice color!
This time I had a Gopro and a mobius on board!
Flyzone Calypso Fall 2014 (4 min 19 sec)
choopi is online now Find More Posts by choopi
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:00 AM
United States, PA, Port Allegany
Joined Aug 2012
164 Posts
Nice video really like the footage I get when I have the Gopro on mine
74charger is offline Find More Posts by 74charger
Old Nov 02, 2014, 10:00 AM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,164 Posts
Would this be a suitable motor for the Calypso if you don't want to get the stock one from Tower?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=52339
MK is online now Find More Posts by MK
Old Nov 02, 2014, 12:40 PM
United States, ID, Rathdrum
Joined Oct 2013
89 Posts
Looks like it should work. May need to upgrade the etc as well to support it.
Rayn is online now Find More Posts by Rayn
Old Nov 02, 2014, 04:39 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,164 Posts
Yes, definitely. I'm planning to get the ARF version and provide my own electronics.
MK is online now Find More Posts by MK
Old Nov 02, 2014, 05:19 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,571 Posts
If you order the ARF and put your own gear remember that the spinner and prop are not included... I have two sets of spinner/blades that took me 6wks to get .... Motor wise get all your stuff from Strong motors rc... They have nice digital servos and Hacker clone motor that is the ticket... I gave one to Phil.....
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Nov 02, 2014, 07:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,758 Posts
Hi, MK.

I'm not familiar with the motor you are looking at but I've seen mixed reviews on NTM motors in general. I have a 3542 and it works O.K. but it runs hot if I get anywhere near it's prop limit. I do have a KD A22-20L and it's been a really super motor. They are available from Strong Motor RC and Giantshark in the U.K but they are also currently in stock at the HK international warehouse for a lower price. I like mine so much that I ordered two more as soon as I saw them in stock even though I don't currently have a pressing need for a motor in that class.

Plus, they come with all mounting hardware and even an extra shaft. Don't let the specs listed by HK fool you because they are wrong. I have been using mine for three seasons and it's quite happy running an 11X6 prop at around 250 watts and 25 amps on 3 cells and other vendors rate it for 25amps. This setup will drag my 900 gram Specter, vertically, as high as I want it in under 15 seconds! It's definitely worth a look and, though I haven't tried one myself, they do make a lighter 28mm motor too.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_1000KV.html

Cheers!
peterlngh is online now Find More Posts by peterlngh