SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
My rcmart also has tail boom assemblies with motor for about $3.50 each. Very cheap. They may be closing out items. This may be the time to stock up on parts for the 100.
Sure looks that way It's a shame too because it really is a nice heli. Very clean and uncomplicated design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
Very much appreciated. More then likely it's a china sourced part so I will need to find the data sheet for it then find a compatible part from digikey. I did order a new board but I would like to fix this one. The dang transistor is a $.25 part. If I fix it I will post up what part to use so others will have it for reference.

Would you happen to be handy with a multi-meter? Would be nice to know the voltages at each of those legs. You would need to put the positive probe at the battery then measure with the negative probe. I think the "xonv" might be the brand
No problem, sorry it took so long to get back to you. All measurements were taken with the tail motor connected to the board. Let me know if it helps or if you need other measurements.

Devon
dmorrow71 is offline Find More Posts by dmorrow71
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorrow71 View Post
Sure looks that way It's a shame too because it really is a nice heli. Very clean and uncomplicated design.

No problem, sorry it took so long to get back to you. All measurements were taken with the tail motor connected to the board. Let me know if it helps or if you need other measurements.

Devon
This is really good thanks. Were any of those measurements negative? Meaning on your multimeter did you see a negative sign in front of any of those numbers? The tail motor really needs to be connected to complete that circuit.

What I am trying to determine is if this is a P-channel or N-channel FET.
I think I can use DMP2045U-7 or DMN2041L-7 from digikey.com depending on which one it is. I have one of these boards on order so I should be able to take the measurements myself here soon.

Sorry about the long delay too I got caught up with thanksgiving.

I'm leaning towards the N-channel FET Beacuse I think the tail motor is connected to constant + battery voltage and the - side is switched. Whatever camera you are using is really good. I can see better with that then looking at the board myself.

I went ahead and ordered the DMN2041L-7 from digikey I ordered a few replacements incase it happens again. Parts were $.41 each and $2.80 for shipping. Hopefully I will get them before my replacement parts from China and I will get to try it out.
xokia is offline Find More Posts by xokia
Last edited by xokia; Nov 23, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:59 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
anyone know how to set the J6 radio to defaults it came at? I think I screwed mine up trying to do things before and I dont understand it enough.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
anyone know how to set the J6 radio to defaults it came at? I think I screwed mine up trying to do things before and I dont understand it enough.
This is why I don't dare mess with the settings even though I know it needs tweaking of the pitch. Many members posting that settings get way out of whack. Don't worry, someone here has the correct settings. Please post them and I will record them as well so I have them in case I decide to change them once I get mine back together.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:13 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,383 Posts
It's a bad idea to reset to defaults. I did that and ended up doing more configuration. If you insist, the steps are written at the back of the manual.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
This is really good thanks. Were any of those measurements negative? Meaning on your multimeter did you see a negative sign in front of any of those numbers? The tail motor really needs to be connected to complete that circuit.

What I am trying to determine is if this is a P-channel or N-channel FET.
I think I can use DMP2045U-7 or DMN2041L-7 from digikey.com depending on which one it is. I have one of these boards on order so I should be able to take the measurements myself here soon.

Sorry about the long delay too I got caught up with thanksgiving.

I'm leaning towards the N-channel FET Beacuse I think the tail motor is connected to constant + battery voltage and the - side is switched. Whatever camera you are using is really good. I can see better with that then looking at the board myself.

I went ahead and ordered the DMN2041L-7 from digikey I ordered a few replacements incase it happens again. Parts were $.41 each and $2.80 for shipping. Hopefully I will get them before my replacement parts from China and I will get to try it out.

I'm glad the data and pictures helped and no there were no (-) measurements, all were all (+) as in the pics. Took the pics with my phone believe it or not (Evo3d). I think you got it right with the N-channel DMN2041L-7. Even though I took the picture w/o the batt and tail motor, they were connected when I checked the voltages. When you get your board let me know if I got things correct.

Hope you had a wonderfull Thanksgiving,
Devon
dmorrow71 is offline Find More Posts by dmorrow71
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Nov 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorrow71 View Post
I'm glad the data and pictures helped and no there were no (-) measurements, all were all (+) as in the pics. Took the pics with my phone believe it or not (Evo3d). I think you got it right with the N-channel DMN2041L-7. Even though I took the picture w/o the batt and tail motor, they were connected when I checked the voltages. When you get your board let me know if I got things correct.

Hope you had a wonderfull Thanksgiving,
Devon
So I got that transistor replaced with the one I mentioned and the tail works perfectly now. The reason for the transistor blowing is it appears the protective coating on the tail wires wasn't any good and basically shorted the tail. Since I have spare tails I replaced the tail and the tail works fine now.

But now the damn elevator is screwed up. It moves perfectly fine when adjusting the pitch. But when I go to change the collective it doenst respond correctly. It moves very very slowly. I even tried swapping that board out for the new one I ordered and I get the same result. I'm gonna try contacting nine eagles and see what they say. I dont have much hope with that. Which kinda sucks because I have about $150 in brand new spare parts that will be worthless if I cant get it going again. If anyone is interested I'd be willing to part with all the unopened spare parts including the helicopter and remote for $100.
xokia is offline Find More Posts by xokia
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:32 AM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
I have a problem - about half the time when I take off, the heli wobbles uncontrollably. The wobbles are large. I have to land immediately and try again if it wobbles.

Any ideas on why this is happening? It only happens around half the time, otherwise it flies smoothly.

Also, for the swashplate, does anyone know if the V100D03BL swashplate fits?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walkera-HM-V...item1e74dccd3c
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Last edited by Razor_Racer; Dec 05, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:28 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
I have a problem - about half the time when I take off, the heli wobbles uncontrollably. The wobbles are large. I have to land immediately and try again if it wobbles.

Any ideas on why this is happening? It only happens around half the time, otherwise it flies smoothly.

Also, for the swashplate, does anyone know if the V100D03BL swashplate fits?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walkera-HM-V...item1e74dccd3c

Hi Razor, 90% sure it is your feathering shaft, pull it out and try to get it straight as possible till you can get a replacement.
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:42 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doonunder View Post
Hi Razor, 90% sure it is your feathering shaft, pull it out and try to get it straight as possible till you can get a replacement.
But why would it only happen half of the time? When it doesn't wobble it's perfectly smooth
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Dec 2006
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
But why would it only happen half of the time? When it doesn't wobble it's perfectly smooth
Not sure can't remember now, it was a long time ago I retired her, but that was the solution for me.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:48 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,754 Posts
Could also be a gyro issue but that would mean a new mainboard. Make sure it perfect mechanically first.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:00 PM
Joined Dec 2006
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doonunder View Post
Easilly done to good enough standard with just 2 sets of pliers, won't cost anything to give it a try
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jun 2008
425 Posts
Great sp100 deal

"DROP DEAD SP100 DEAL"
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1786663
N3SHXX is offline Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:31 PM
Mad Man with a lethal weapon!
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
The Solo Pro 100D has issues!
It comes with a J6 Tx. It's faster than the mCP but I had radio failure on my first flight.
When power is applied the servos only move when you move the stick. It's fine without motor running, but while running the servos will not return to center! Weird. 45 years of flying and I have never seen or heard of this happening!
Ek_trician is offline Find More Posts by Ek_trician