HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Hi guys! Good to know.

Jeff I've missed that razor sharp wit of yours (my new years resolution to be more charitable kicking in here).
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Aug 2008
473 Posts
Gree,

Still here look for your thread everytime I boot up RC Groups. Take your time we're going nowhere.

al
PS Besides here in SoCal we've got lots of time! It's the middle of winter and the Sun is shining and the temps about 75 degrees F ( what about 23 C?) no rush
rossaer is offline Find More Posts by rossaer
Old Feb 06, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Sep 2009
40 Posts
Yeah, still here Gree.
ihaveahellcat is offline Find More Posts by ihaveahellcat
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:40 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Thanks for chiming in guys. Great to know you all still have an interest after all this time. I am REALLY keen to get moving again. By the end of the month the workshop should be back in business!

A bit bummed Jeff didn't bite at my last comment though!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
I may be a late bloomer to his thread but am looking forward to seeing the end result! Your thread has helped me tremendously through my current build. Thank you!!
strangebrew mx is offline Find More Posts by strangebrew mx
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:31 AM
Limey Jeff
Glastonbury, Somerset. U.K.
Joined Mar 2009
347 Posts
Hi mate, I hope you're well.
I'm saving my 'razor sharp wit' for when you start building again, as it's always a constant source of humour to see how someone can destroy so much perfectly good balsa in such a confined space.
Glad to see you've not given up with trying to build a P. 47 from P.51 plans!

Jeff
Jeff Glasser is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Glasser
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:20 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Touché....
Old Feb 19, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Sep 2009
40 Posts
Hey Gree, I was drooling over some of your pictures of your build from a couple months ago and you have some pictures on how you mounted your motor (with the black HK mounts), A bunch of the guys down at my field were using the same mounts in Mustangs/Spitfires and they found that the mounts wanted to flex a lot side to side creating vibration problems,granted they were also running with big spinners. Just something I thought I would let you know.
ihaveahellcat is offline Find More Posts by ihaveahellcat
Old Feb 19, 2012, 01:49 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Thanks for that. I think it might be the mass of the spinners causing that problem as you suggest. I use the same mount in my CMP Zero and have no issues (it's a speed demon too!). However I will keep my eye on it for sure.

I've learned how to balance props so will make sure I do that to my big 4 blade before I spin it up
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:28 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Slowly getting back to business

A bit of Organisation
Well it has been 11 months since the bastard builders began their fiasco, and it looks like another month off from being resolved. I am sick of waiting anymore and decided I wanted to get moving on this build once more. The hell with 'em, they can work around me for a change!

I recently bought new shelving for the garage, because when the builders are done, we have a lot of stuff in the house to re-organise. I completely unpacked my garage and built the shelves, then started to see what was in there. Oh dear oh dear....

Too many planes, too many unbuilt kits. I must have gone nuts a few years ago when I bought all of this!? Sheesh - well I have hobbies the rest of my life sorted out anyway I think!

Check out the first 3 pictures attached.

Work on the Fuse Begins Again
After I don't know how long, I dug out the fuse from the garage, and after putting the work table back, and began to sand and remove panel line tape. You may remember I had all the panel lines done and it had been given its final coat of high fill primer.

I haven't finished yet, but it is good to see some details coming out as I go, and another few hours and I'l be ready to put all the panels on before the light primer coat and rivets! I have only done a couple of hours of sanding so far, but now it is there I can pop in for a bit here and there over the week to get it all smoothed out.

OK guys - I am back!
Last edited by Gree; Feb 19, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:38 PM
swede
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Aug 2005
3,834 Posts
Looks like that 262 has seen better days.
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:57 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Ha! Yeah I binned it in the cleanup...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:38 AM
Limey Jeff
Joined Mar 2009
347 Posts
Just as I suspected, the P.47 has'nt improved with age

Good to see you back mate, and the P.47 is looking good, I know you won't take any notice of my sarcasm.

Did'nt it bother you to chuck out a damaged model? I can't do that, I always think I'll be able to repair stuff like that. Of course I never do!!!

Here's hoping you get back to some kind of normality soon.

Jeff
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:09 AM
swede
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Aug 2005
3,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Glasser View Post

Did'nt it bother you to chuck out a damaged model? I can't do that, I always think I'll be able to repair stuff like that.

Jeff
I was thinking the same thing. Too bad it's so far to ship. I love putting foamies back together.
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Limey Jeff
Joined Mar 2009
347 Posts
It could'nt look any worse than Grees' P.47

Jeff