HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Tha Hodgehound, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2007, 11:25 AM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,777 Posts
Discussion
Americus, Ga. Tornado

Well..I had the scare of my life(literally) Thursday evening March, 1 2007. Americus was hit hard by a tornado. It does really sound like a freight train coming like they say on tv. But you never hear the horn. It just gets louder and louder then you can hear it going away in the other direction. It missed our house by 100-200 yards. Ihad debris from buildings about a mile away in my back yard. We had some minor roof damage ...three holes averaging 1 1/2" in diameter and a piece of 2x4 about a foot long with 2 nails in it that hit with enough force that it actually nailed itself to my roof. And when I removed it there was a complete impression of the 2x4 in thw shingles. WOW A tornado is something you cannot truly describe in words. You have to personally experience it to have any idea of what it is like. This was my first time and I PRAY TO GOD I never have to go through it again! Here are some pics I took walking around my neighborhood....
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
Last edited by hodgehound; Mar 04, 2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: forgot pics :(
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2007, 04:26 PM
Stilwell Shipyard
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Nov 2003
2,100 Posts
Glad your still here with us to fly again another day.
Hurricane Larry
lslewis is offline Find More Posts by lslewis
Old Mar 04, 2007, 07:35 PM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,777 Posts
Thanks man! It was a close call for sure!
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
Old Mar 12, 2007, 09:02 PM
zaksdad
USA, TX, DeSoto
Joined Apr 2006
477 Posts
Yes hodgehound I definitely appreciate what your saying about having to experience tornado's to fully understand their effect as I live and grew up in DeSoto Texas which has had 3 tornado's over the years that tore through town but fortunately we we're never hit as hard by one as our poor neighboring city of Lancaster Tx. Good to see you made through without major damage as my family was all 3 tornado's
zaksdad is offline Find More Posts by zaksdad