Old May 15, 2014, 12:47 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,399 Posts
New Product
Parkzone Sukhoi SU-29 MM

Well look at this what a beauty!

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ8050

The ParkZone® Sukhoi SU-29MM was designed by champion pilot and world-class aircraft designer, Mike McConville. It combines lightweight construction with a high-output brushless power system to achieve awesome 3D and precision aerobatic performance. What sets it apart is its Spektrum™ AR636 receiver with advanced SAFE™ (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology.

SAFE technology actually makes the Sukhoi SU-29MM ‘aware’ of its attitude relative to the ground. This attitude awareness has been used to create four flight modes that let experienced RC pilots explore aggressive aerobatics with more confidence and less risk. In Stagility™ mode, the airplane can perform any aerobatic or 3D maneuver but will return to upright flight if both sticks are released. The AS3X® 3D mode provides a marvelous balance of crisp response and rock-solid stability when practicing low-speed 3D maneuvers like hovers and harriers. AS3X Precision mode is for flying precision aerobatics at high speed, because it smoothes out the effects of turbulence so the aircraft tracks like it’s on rails. In case of emergency, Panic Recovery mode immediately returns the aircraft to upright flight with the push of a button and it can be activated at any time or while in any flight mode.

Thanks to the precision fit and finish of this model, final assembly can take less than an hour. All you need to provide is your favorite DSM2®/DSMX® compatible 6+ channel programmable transmitter and a charged 2100-2200mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po battery.

CONFIDENTLY EXPLORE ADVANCED AEROBATICS
The SAFE™ (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology built into the Spektrum™ AR636 receiver actually makes the Sukhoi SU-29MM ‘aware’ of its attitude relative to the ground. This attitude awareness has been used to create four flight modes that let experienced RC pilots explore aggressive aerobatic maneuvers with more confidence and less risk.

Z-FOAM™ CONSTRUCTION
The model’s wings are constructed of hollow Z-Foam material that has been reinforced with carbon fiber. The result is a structure that is stiffer and lighter than solid foam. This rigid, lightweight airframe combined with the powerful brushless motor is what gives the Sukhoi Su-29MM its exhilarating 3D capability.

POWERFUL
Its high-output power system delivers the awesome vertical performance you need to perform 3D maneuvers with ease. A 40-Amp Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC cleanly channels power from the required 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C battery to the 10-size, 1250Kv BL outrunner motor.

VORTEX GENERATORS
Vortex generators on the leading edges of the wings give you more control and stability when flying at slow speeds and high angles of attack.

3D THROWS
Double-beveled hinges on the control surfaces make it possible to achieve the extreme control throws necessary for high alpha 3D maneuvers.

DIGITAL CONTROL
Each control surface is linked to a dedicated E-flite® 13g digital micro servo. With metal gears that add an extra level of durability, their speed and power helps to make your input feel crisp.

HIGH-VISIBILITY
The original trim scheme is both stunning and vivid from any angle. The large canopy has been tinted as an additional recognition reference.

PLUG-IN WINGS
The two-piece, plug-in wings are easy to remove for transport or repair. They are secured in place with the screws provided and are supported with a carbon fiber wing joiner.

EASY-ACCESS
The large battery hatch features a mechanical latch for easy removal and allows instant access to the flight battery tray and radio electronics.

DURABLE GEAR
The flexible wire landing gear and large wheels are designed to handle all kinds of abuse. They make it easier to fly off grass too.

SAFE Technology for Advanced Aerobatics

SAFE technology actually makes the Sukhoi SU-29MM ‘aware’ of its attitude relative to the ground. This attitude awareness has been used to create four flight modes that let experienced RC pilots explore aggressive aerobatics with more confidence and less risk.

Stagility™ Mode
The airplane can perform any aerobatic or 3D maneuver but will immediately return to upright flight if both sticks are released.

AS3X® 3D Mode
Provides a marvelous balance of crisp response and rock-solid stability when practicing low-speed 3D maneuvers like hovers and harriers.

AS3X Precision Mode
When flying precision aerobatics at high speed, this mode smoothes out the effects of turbulence so the aircraft tracks like it’s on rails.

Panic Recovery Mode
Immediately returns the aircraft to upright flight with the push of a button. It can be activated at any time, in any flight mode.

Spektrum AR636 DSMX® receiver with SAFE technology
Powerful 10-size, 1250Kv BL outrunner motor
E-flite® 40A brushless ESC
E-flite 13-gram digital micro servos
Lightweight, hollow-wing Z-Foam™ construction
Leading-edge vortex generators
Stunning, high-visibility trim scheme
Two-piece, plug-in wing for easy transport and repair
Double-beveled hinges for large control surface throws
Durable wire landing gear and large wheels for flying off grass
Large, easy-access battery hatch

Wingspan: 44.0 in (1120mm)
Overall Length: 42.3 in (1074 mm)
Wing Area: 403 sq. in. (26.0 sq, dm.)
Flying Weight: 40.6 oz (1150 g)
Motor Size: 10-size BL10 Brushless outrunner, 1250Kv (installed)
Radio: 4+ Channel DSM2/DSMX Transmitter Required
Servos: Installed
CG (center of gravity): 3.2 in. (82mm) Back at Wing Root
Wing Loading: 14.5 oz/sq. ft.
Prop Size: 12 x 4
Spinner Size: 1.93 in (49mm)
Speed Control : 40-Amp Pro ESC (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 2200mAh 25C LiPo
Anti-Crash Technology: Yes

WOW! i don't think i have ever seen a scale sports/3D plane as good as this one from Parkzone. The new Sukhoi SU-29 MM is one hell of a package! It comes with a 1250Kv motor a 40amp ESC and the all new programmable AR636 with SAFE technology Receiver, then it's just that look, WOW! Magic is a word that comes to mind. Mike McConville designed this plane and it fly's as good as it looks, yet another winner in his stable. Anyway have a close up look here at the new Parkzone Sukhoi SU-29 MM and get ya order in quick as this one won't be on the shelves for long!

Parkzone Sukhoi SU-29 MM Unboxing With ChuckT (9 min 1 sec)

Better order this one quick as it's going to "Fly" off the shelves! Yes the new Parkzone Sukhoi SU-29 MM with the all new AR636 Receiver is truly the first Scale Ready to Fly 3D foamy trainer. So you have watched the Un-Boxing now sit back and enjoy the Maiden flight, followed by a Second Flight where we explore a little of what this plane can do. Sorry for my Audio i had trouble with it so it's not the best. Also having got this plane before it was released i call the modes by the wrong names! I'll do a second video soon explaining each mode concisely. Anyway sit back and enjoy a sneak peek at this great new release from Parkzone first battery we get used to it, second battery i really let it rip!

Parkzone Sukhoi SU 29MM The Maiden with ChuckT (9 min 51 sec)

Sukhoi SU-29MM First Flight by ParkZone (8 min 35 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; May 16, 2014 at 11:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2014, 02:32 AM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,282 Posts
Nice video chuck,i for one was waiting to see something new from mike,a guy that just seems to love planes,this really looks like an awfull lot of work and dedication was put to work here.

nice video,looking forward to your maiden and after thoughts on it.

best of luck.

Subbed.

Edit,

it's great to see a new plane from parkzone,i am a big fan of parkzone stuff,tough,durable and Great 3D planes.
i can't wait to see some videos of this one in action to know if it's going to be anywhere on par with the visionaire for 3D.

-Dan
flightpunch34 is offline Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Last edited by flightpunch34; May 15, 2014 at 02:36 AM. Reason: adding to post...
Old May 15, 2014, 02:52 AM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
469 Posts
Son of a b&$ch another plane I'm going to have to get. Boy this year is gunna be expensive for me. Between this and the fms razorback,and p-40 coming out soon. And of course the freewing edf's coming . Oh we'll time to start building a bigger garage. Looks real good, I can't wait for this one.
Gregertman is offline Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old May 15, 2014, 05:43 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,916 Posts
I was hoping for a warbird, but I love Sukhois and was looking for a park-sized stunt/3D plane and this one looks awesome! Time to pre-order!
GradyLee is online now Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old May 15, 2014, 05:52 AM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,154 Posts
Well, ain't she a beauty. Love the Sukhoi's
RyoOhki1701 is offline Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Old May 15, 2014, 06:29 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,517 Posts
Happy Birthday, and thanks for the vid, Chuck!

Product page says due early July, $229.99 list (basic).

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old May 15, 2014, 06:46 AM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
469 Posts
Oh yea happy birthday chuck
Gregertman is offline Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old May 15, 2014, 06:59 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,857 Posts
Oh darn, they've done it to me again. Just hope it comes in pnp. Hate paying for the rx that I don't want. - On the receiver, has anybody found any instructions on the net as to just how involved or uninvolved the programming via computer or ipad is for this one. I can only find how to plug it into your device.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 15, 2014, 07:44 AM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,121 Posts
Nice price. Kinda makes the VA look a little overpriced.
krexken is online now Find More Posts by krexken
Old May 15, 2014, 07:50 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,047 Posts
I'm in !

Chuck, Happy Birthday and I trust all is well with you and yours.

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old May 15, 2014, 08:13 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,094 Posts
Happy Birthday Chuck.

This plane looks like the perfect 3D trainer for me. Im getting one for sure.

There was flight footage of it on youtube and I loaded it into a tab on my webpage and went to refresh it as it was only in 240p quality and it had said that the video was removed by the user.

So what happened to the flight footage on youtube?

What they need to make is a 280 sized plane with safe in it like the inverza 280. Thats what I want big Mike if your out there listening.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old May 15, 2014, 08:13 AM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,181 Posts
Jezz HH is killing me! I watched Chuck's video on FB this morning and noted it looked like they adapted a lot of the quality parts and bit from the Splendor! Amazing technology coming for us, this one is looking like one I need to think about, since using the same 2200 batteries is a major cost advantage.
jrtubb is online now Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Building a Sig Herr Air Boss
Old May 15, 2014, 08:47 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,916 Posts
Pre-ordered. Now, the wait begins . . .
GradyLee is online now Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old May 15, 2014, 08:58 AM
Canada, BC, North Vancouver