Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
Hey guys I took my Cessna up for a flight this morning. Its was the perfect day to fly. Blue skies and calm.

I attached my GoPro but it made the plane nose heavy, so it bobbing up and down. I also tried a 3000mah 20C 4S battery and it flew with the extra weight very well. The motor was a bit warm after coming down so I'm gonna order the Tacon Bigfoot 25 and run it on 4S.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m603-big...826-870kv.html

Here is the video
FMS Cessna 182 with the GoPro Hero3 (5 min 27 sec)
MrMention is offline Find More Posts by MrMention
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts

here's what 5 years old looks like with a 10 month old Funcub. was foggy all freaking day!
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ecuador, Pichincha, Quito
Joined Aug 2002
544 Posts
Canopy replacement for an Art-Tech 182 500 Series

Hello all,

a friend of mine made a wrong decision (keep reading and you'll understand why) and bought an Art-Tech Cessna 182-500 Series some days ago. On maiden, and due to an improperly charged battery, after a fast approach turn around was not possible, the model lost power and the flight ended in a balked landing outside the runway, hitting an obstacle.

Before the flight I told my friend that in the event of a crash both the plastic cowling and canopy would be the first parts to go which is exactly what happened.

Now looking for parts, cowling and spinner are not a problem since these spares are readily available. The canopy however is another story... We have not had any luck in finding this part. The only offering is the complete fuselage with canopy which will be over 80 dollars to have it sent to Ecuador, and the local seller of this model also acknowledged that it may be difficult to find a replacement canopy.

Needless to say my friend is dissappointed with his original purchase and is looking to repair the model and sell it in order to buy the Airfield 182 which is a lot easier to repair. The foam fuselage, wings, gear, etc. are intact so it is only matter of replacing the canopy in order to have the model back into its original state.

I hope someone on the forum may have a link to find this part. I am posting a picture so you may see what the part looks like.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Carlos A. Cordova
QUITO - ECUADOR
a320jockey is offline Find More Posts by a320jockey
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:52 PM
Portland, OR
Joined May 2010
167 Posts
I have the newer Airfield version of this airplane and lost the windshield on a flight this summer. You cannot buy a spare windshield either. It takes a whole fuselage. I was determined to spend more time looking for my lost windshield...which i did find and reglued it. I was lucky on that one, but I feel your pain
davidrd is online now Find More Posts by davidrd
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5 Posts
Hi Wjb111, I have few extra sets of the FMS/Airfield replacement windows that I order from Apex Model out of UK. I can sell a set to you if you provide me your mailing address.

Donald Lo
donaldlo is offline Find More Posts by donaldlo
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Use the classified sections to find parts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:34 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlo View Post
Hi Wjb111, I have few extra sets of the FMS/Airfield replacement windows that I order from Apex Model out of UK. I can sell a set to you if you provide me your mailing address.

Donald Lo

Donald,

PM sent...

Thanks....
wjb111 is online now Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:56 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jun 2010
69 Posts
livery comment

on the N9258 models etc... about the stripes on the wings...are they ever on a full scale plane? I havn't seen any that have them. So Im confused why they put them on there unless they are on a real plane. (cant say I care for them anyway, will probably just take them off) anyone have a link to a real plane that has the stripes, or know the answer to this? thanks!
el touristo is offline Find More Posts by el touristo
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Quick google search

http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=12311
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Dang it, broke a elevator in half yesterday and a small peice of the right wing and bent ANOTHER prop shaft, my fault cause I have been getting pretty brave with this plane lately when it comes to flying low and slow and then throwing loops at it, I know its not meant for it but its fun.
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
I love low and slow with this plane...makes good approaches for rolling in te rear wheels for a bit
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:49 AM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyd21 View Post
Dang it, broke a elevator in half yesterday and a small peice of the right wing and bent ANOTHER prop shaft, my fault cause I have been getting pretty brave with this plane lately when it comes to flying low and slow and then throwing loops at it, I know its not meant for it but its fun.
Ha! This brings memories. It used to be me! This post/video may make you feel better given my stupidity and lack of experience (be sure to watch in HD on youtube directly).
People at the field used to laugh at me for doing precision aerobatics with this plane. The funny thing is, and what people don't get, is that it is actually a very capable plane. Doing aerobatics with it is a lot of fun. Having said that, you may be ready for a new Plane...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Ha! This brings memories. It used to be me! This post/video may make you feel better given my stupidity and lack of experience (be sure to watch in HD on youtube directly).
People at the field used to laugh at me for doing precision aerobatics with this plane. The funny thing is, and what people don't get, is that it is actually a very capable plane. Doing aerobatics with it is a lot of fun. Having said that, you may be ready for a new Plane...

This is what I am thinking, I have 2 coming in a few weeks
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,521 Posts
Nice! What you got?
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member