Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
Life is good!
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Jul 2007
87 Posts
Nigel,

The frsky Taranis system does sound very nice. I'll do some research on it and go from there.
Thank you for the information.

Ted
strat1960s is offline Find More Posts by strat1960s
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:53 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,709 Posts
You're welcome Ted,
I had spektrum for about 7 years and for about 4 of those years was happy with no real problems apart from bec problems where the RX voltage would go low enough to reboot the RX which I consider not spektrum fault but my own for using too many servos without a UBEC on a system which did not like voltage drop, I soon learnt to supply a decent bec.
I think now though there is just so much interference around my field with all the houses and motor way and a structure which is to do with gas release from an old coal mine housing some electrical equipment that the system was just not able to cope.
Having said that I hear all the time about others who have had similar problems, one guy flew over the sea, obviously water is a problem for 2.4ghz and he was always losing his planes in the sea with spektrum, now he is on frsky it never happens.
Maybe you just had a some other problem with your bec or battery or something, check it all out and if you don't find anything and it happens again your confidence is gonna start going in the spektrum like mine did.
The satellite sounds a good plan, I never had a problem with my RX with sat, most of my probs were with ar6100.
nigelsheffield is offline Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Today, 03:36 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,566 Posts
Had a couple of nice flights with my modded Phoenix today. Even managed to catch a bit of lift.
Couldn't see it but the Altimeter kept telling me I was gaining height. (Taranis)
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Today, 04:31 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield View Post
<snip>
Having said that I hear all the time about
The satellite sounds a good plan, I never had a problem with my RX with sat, most of my probs were with ar6100.
even with my JR11x the ar6100's were a pain. The orange 6 performed better.
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Today, 07:46 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Clovenfords
Joined Apr 2014
117 Posts
Con someone tell me the rod diameter for the pushrods.. I just want to check ive bought the correct clevises..
budgiemurray is offline Find More Posts by budgiemurray
Old Today, 08:13 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
even with my JR11x the ar6100's were a pain. The orange 6 performed better.
Yeah I have an orange 6 CH RX and as far as I remember it worked fine.
Funny how you pay for genuine spektrum RX only to find a cheap knock off works better!
Also had an Ar500 have an early bug which crashed the bnf model it came with, bug once replaced by hh it never gave a problem and was probably my most trusted rx. But only having channels limited its use especially with the dx6i having flaps on ch6.
I will probably use the orange and the ar500 and maybe the 6 CH with sat with the Taranis and the orange DSM module for cheap foamies that don't need telemetry.
nigelsheffield is offline Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Today, 08:57 AM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Had a couple of nice flights with my modded Phoenix today. Even managed to catch a bit of lift.
Couldn't see it but the Altimeter kept telling me I was gaining height. (Taranis)
Just curious, I'm using a Taranis also, what are you using for altimeter and receiver?
choopi is online now Find More Posts by choopi
Old Today, 09:03 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,495 Posts
This is an awesome altimeter, Unisens-E (+ everything else like voltage / mah consumption, etc) because of its size (think match stick).

I also use a X8R, but the new X4R-SB is an idea as its smaller - but to really be worth it, you would need to change the servos to Sbus. I'm not that big into the weight savings to go to that trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi View Post
Just curious, I'm using a Taranis also, what are you using for altimeter and receiver?
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Old Today, 12:30 PM
Playing with Air
Joined Aug 2010
5 Posts
broken fuse

I nosed mine into a big rock yesterday and split the nose about 2/3 of the way around the motor. Figured it was toast as there is no way to glue it and make it stick. Then I saw the video on "welding" with a temperature controllable soldering pencil. Make sure you don't get it too hot. I used a piece of plastic milk jug to melt together with the fuse and now it is as GOOD AS NEW!!!! Just not quite as pretty but not bad at all. Try it, it works.
HiFlyer7 is online now Find More Posts by HiFlyer7
Old Today, 03:48 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi View Post
Using an X8R and the High Precision Variometer.

In my Quad I use a D4R-II and HP Vario as well.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Today, 08:29 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Using an X8R and the High Precision Variometer.

In my Quad I use a D4R-II and HP Vario as well.
Nice, that is what I was looking to get, the vario..
choopi is online now Find More Posts by choopi