Closed Thread
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:53 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
We are not arguing just a friendly discussion while we wait for the SV,you don't have to read you know and your comment has nothing to do with the SV,so how is that any different.
+1
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:00 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,225 Posts
Best to get out of Dodge and let you kids "friendly discuss" OFF TOPIC all you like. The Vampire thread had a clown who made Scott and many others leave. This one is the same.
Unsubscribing.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,568 Posts
Who are you to call us "kids"
Scott left the Vampire thread because someone called him basically a liar...............
I think you should go and read the thread again.
We are impatient to get our hands on this aircraft and fly it, whats wrong with that. Just because you are happy to sit around and wait does not mean we all have to,
You could put us on ignore and then you could just read the good bits eh

Have a nice Xmas
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:10 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,675 Posts
I've read a posts by the same bloke on THIS thread that have nothing to do with the SV,i get the feeling he IS up-set because the SV isn't out yet and this is his way of showing his frustration,some people are not happy unless they are trying to bring other people down.

Now then boys lets get back on topic and talk about the SV and no going over old ground or we might get hung.

I'll start off should i?

How many wings will it have? oh and how many wheels will it have on each retract and can it fly as well as it looks,sorry i just had to get the clown out of me by having a little joke.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:22 PM
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,568 Posts
Oh you are a jolly joker........I see nothingggggggggggg.
Are you waiting for the Spitfire also?

They have used that word again (soon)

I'm sure the SV will fly as good as the Vampire or better and that some will want to try 2 X small EDF in stead of the 70mm. I think 2 X 50mm with 20 blades would be nice
I think half the problem is that no one has any idea of what they can do with the SV because we have had no info on its construction. The first to get one needs to put up some pics (please)
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:33 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,675 Posts
Yes i want a Durafly MK24 Spitfire as well as the SV,strange i haven't had no emails to say there have been some new comments on that thread,i'll go check it out and see whats new.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:54 PM
UAV Operation Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
618 Posts
Suggestion For Hobbyking

Scott,

It might be a good idea from now on that HK dosen't advertise upfront that they are going to bring out a new model. What they should do is just get it fully developed and then place it on the site.

2 reasons for this.

1 - It stops all those who wish to complain that an aircraft promised by a certain date and dosen't turn up can state in RC Groups how bad everything is etc etc etc. Seems to me like some people don't have a life and just want to complain. The same issues happened with the Lancaster and that was a bit of a mini disaster for HK.

2. - What people don't know is coming out will surprise them. I guess people will them moan that they never knew xxxx aircraft was coming out and that I spent my last dollar on some other aircraft when I could of had this one.

I think some people should grow up. If you want to complain about HK then you could -

1. Never buy anything from them EVER again. This I doubt.

2. Build your own company and make the models you really want, then sell them and see who complains about what you have or haven't done with it.

I'm one who would be keen to have this model BUT if it dosen't turn up until early next year I'm not going to cry.
ernie69_2000 is offline Find More Posts by ernie69_2000
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:48 PM
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,568 Posts
Well you are a goody goody 2 shoes.
We do have a life we just don't want to waste time waiting for things.
If you think we are bashing HK then your wrong and need to look at a lot of other threads and forums to see who is bashing them.
I agree that if you tell someone a time and don't make that date regardless of why you will cop some flack, but very little has been directed directly at HK. You would need to read the whole of the thread and not just jump on the end of it.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:11 PM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,223 Posts
Let's keep the discussion around the Sea Vixen please. Even a loose discussion around it is OK. No point in getting upset over our toys guys.....

When this thread started in July, we had reasons to believe that it was coming during August. For good reason this has been extended. This thread is now 30 pages long.

My intention is to close this thread as soon as the Sea Vixen is released or announced formally. No point in skipping through 30 pages before getting to the substance.

I believe that a new thread will better serve owners and onlookers once some us get their hands on it and share their opinions and experiences.
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:27 PM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,357 Posts
Psssst I am a kid....... well a 50yr old kid hehehe
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:31 PM
UAV Operation Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Let's keep the discussion around the Sea Vixen please. Even a loose discussion around it is OK. No point in getting upset over our toys guys.....

When this thread started in July, we had reasons to believe that it was coming during August. For good reason this has been extended. This thread is now 30 pages long.

My intention is to close this thread as soon as the Sea Vixen is released or announced formally. No point in skipping through 30 pages before getting to the substance.

I believe that a new thread will better serve owners and onlookers once some us get their hands on it and share their opinions and experiences.
I definately agree with that one
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:35 PM
UAV Operation Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Well you are a goody goody 2 shoes.
We do have a life we just don't want to waste time waiting for things.
If you think we are bashing HK then your wrong and need to look at a lot of other threads and forums to see who is bashing them.
I agree that if you tell someone a time and don't make that date regardless of why you will cop some flack, but very little has been directed directly at HK. You would need to read the whole of the thread and not just jump on the end of it.
I have actually commented on this one a couple of times. I have also looked through ALL of the thread and YES there have been quite a few people bashing HK because it's not out yet. Some aren't as well.

Give them a break. It will hopefully turn up soon and will be at least 99% good.

Look at the lancaster threads to see what happened there.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:18 AM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,675 Posts
Shaun, you have a year on me, so I must be just that much more of a kid!!! Love this plane, and can't wait to get one!!!------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:06 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie69_2000 View Post
Scott,

It might be a good idea from now on that HK dosen't advertise upfront that they are going to bring out a new model. What they should do is just get it fully developed and then place it on the site.

2 reasons for this.

1 - It stops all those who wish to complain that an aircraft promised by a certain date and dosen't turn up can state in RC Groups how bad everything is etc etc etc. Seems to me like some people don't have a life and just want to complain. The same issues happened with the Lancaster and that was a bit of a mini disaster for HK.

2. - What people don't know is coming out will surprise them. I guess people will them moan that they never knew xxxx aircraft was coming out and that I spent my last dollar on some other aircraft when I could of had this one.

I think some people should grow up. If you want to complain about HK then you could -

1. Never buy anything from them EVER again. This I doubt.

2. Build your own company and make the models you really want, then sell them and see who complains about what you have or haven't done with it.

I'm one who would be keen to have this model BUT if it dosen't turn up until early next year I'm not going to cry.
Delays happen sometimes, no point comparing to the Lancaster as I know the full story behind the delays there.......point is...jumping up and down on here isn't going to make it come any faster is it? Every company announces products in advance and I have seen many other companies have to delay a product over the years....so basically, the only solution is if the whole trade stops telling you what is coming in advance and I don't think that benefits anybody, do you?

Now, I can tell you that it will be available before Christmas, in fact this month.....happy now? Good!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:14 AM
UAV Operation Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
618 Posts
Hey Scott,

Just so you know I was actually trying to defend HK from those who have been complaining about the Sea Vixen.

Guess I can't win at all with either side.

Might just have to take my own business elsewhere in total. And that would include my full time purchases to another company.
Closed Thread