HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mandevil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 07, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Jun 2011
110 Posts
Discussion
This weekend's flying

This weekend was the second extended 5-day weekend, but I went flying only once and used up only one battery.

Mostly I practiced basic aerobatics: rolls and inverted flying, with some attempts at "rolling ascents" (near vertical ascents with the plane performing rolls). Also, I tried to get hang of using brakes (ailerons extended up). They surely work, but they definitely make controlling the plane fairly finicky. It's very easy to exceed the stall speed with brakes on and then one may not have enough time to get the plane up to speed again, and it means the plane goes down hard. I definitely need more practice with brakes to actually be comfortable to use them to land in tight quarters.
mandevil is offline Find More Posts by mandevil
to remove ads between posts