HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
Soccer should be left to the Europeans, it is reaching plague proportions over here as well, If grown men want to prance around and touch each other inappropriately they should do it behind closed doors, and not take up valuable flying fields fricken wieredos! They just had the national final over here and the game was decided by which team has the best actors! Sorry, not a fan, looks like the game is ruining the USA as well eh!

Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:06 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,705 Posts
I agree.... soccer is crap.

AFL is the only true sport left in Australia
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:54 AM
Joined Apr 2012
429 Posts
Good New

B-H is shipping my 190 as of late thursday.Get ready all you 190 waiters.
Fired Up is offline Find More Posts by Fired Up
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:53 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,009 Posts
I was wondering which plane was going to ship. I got a Paypal bill last night saying a plane was shipping today. Back when I predered them at the same time the 190 & the new 80" B-25. I authorised payment but BH did NOT take my money & the authorised payment expired. So they sent me a new bill last night. Both were on the bill.

Kinda wish it would be the B-25 first. OH, I'll be happy with the 190.

Although the motor problems suck. Maybe we'll get lucky & we BH customers won't have the same QC problem with the motor. Seems this problem can be tracked back to "ONE" assembly line person not using the right amount of glue. Betcha they don't work there anymore.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:55 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
I was wondering which plane was going to ship. I got a Paypal bill last night saying a plane was shipping today. Back when I predered them at the same time the 190 & the new 80" B-25. I authorised payment but BH did NOT take my money & the authorised payment expired. So they sent me a new bill last night. Both were on the bill.

Kinda wish it would be the B-25 first. OH, I'll be happy with the 190.

Although the motor problems suck. Maybe we'll get lucky & we BH customers won't have the same QC problem with the motor. Seems this problem can be tracked back to "ONE" assembly line person not using the right amount of glue. Betcha they don't work there anymore.
Considering the month delay from BH, they were on the slow boat form China and I bet they are the same batch we all got. Whats a Container ship take, like 3 weeks to cross the Pacific?

Check you motors is all I can say.

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
Corona, CA
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2011
375 Posts
I got my FW yesterday from PW-RC. I immediately took the motor apart and the stator twisted of the back plate with ease.

I'm willing to bet all the motors are hosed.

Also, I noticed the smell of chemicals when I opened the box. Could it be that this model wants to gator so easy because the foam hasn't gassed off yet?

I too had a warped flap. One wing was perfect, the other looked bad.
P 51 Jockey is offline Find More Posts by P 51 Jockey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Hanger 9 Miss America 67"
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P 51 Jockey View Post
I got my FW yesterday from PW-RC. I immediately took the motor apart and the stator twisted of the back plate with ease.

I'm willing to bet all the motors are hosed.

Also, I noticed the smell of chemicals when I opened the box. Could it be that this model wants to gator so easy because the foam hasn't gassed off yet?

I too had a warped flap. One wing was perfect, the other looked bad.
You know, I was thinking the same thing about the foam and that chemical smell. I think I was discussing it with Badclams over the phone thinking that once the plane stopped putting off an odor it may be fine. I was at my fly in last weekend and I did my best to keep it in the shade but after the first flight I stuck it out in the sun for a while. After about an hour or so I did cover it with a white cloth and tried to keep it covered for most of the day. It never did bubble on me.

With that being said, Tuk151's cockpit Dash area in his trojan melted that same day and his plane is a few months old. Foam seems to be a weird mistress.

Orion
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
You know, I was thinking the same thing about the foam and that chemical smell. I think I was discussing it with Badclams over the phone thinking that once the plane stopped putting off an odor it may be fine. I was at my fly in last weekend and I did my best to keep it in the shade but after the first flight I stuck it out in the sun for a while. After about an hour or so I did cover it with a white cloth and tried to keep it covered for most of the day. It never did bubble on me.

With that being said, Tuk151's cockpit Dash area in his trojan melted that same day and his plane is a few months old. Foam seems to be a weird mistress.

Orion

Mine has been relatively close to yours. been trying to protect it from the sun best i can but when it comes down to it you really just cant keep it out of the sun all the time without walking it back and forth to your car. At our field there is no shade what so ever except under the tables and its not much so there is always a wing or a tail or a nose that is getting some rays. All of the light colored parts almost have no gatoring on them at all and the black bits have done it a little bit but again not to bad in my opinion, 8 flights in.

Hmm now that i think about it I did leave it inside the house but out of the box for almost two weeks prior to being able to fly it so maybe that allowed the foam to gas off like you guys are talking about??

As far as the orders shipping from BH, I would strongly recommend going back over this forum carefully and at least checking all the things found already to see if you have the same issues. No sense having the same thing go wrong and losing your plane over it.

B
rbong40 is offline Find More Posts by rbong40
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,009 Posts
If I remember my foam lessons in Shop( got to make a few things about 6 inches across like dice & little foot balls & stuff like that). It won't matter how long you let it off gass. The potential for the foam to expand will still be there as long as it never expanded to it's full size to begin with.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,806 Posts
Orion
But remember the heat has no way to escape from the Trojan cockpit and I always take mine off and set it in the shade after flying. Poor guys don't have air-conditioning in there. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post

Tuk151's cockpit Dash area in his trojan melted that same day and his plane is a few months old. Foam seems to be a weird mistress.

Orion
Ta152 is offline Find More Posts by Ta152
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2012
429 Posts
Sound System

I like this setup. Freddy
Fired Up is offline Find More Posts by Fired Up
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:34 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fired Up View Post
I like this setup. Freddy
Very Neat looking. Got a link?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Jul 2007
1,108 Posts
Mr rc sound pro setup? Same instructional manual..
demire is online now Find More Posts by demire
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:57 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
If that is how it comes from him then I am all about it. I love his work and I can't wait to put one in mine. I just need to hold out for a little while longer to see how Dambits prop is going to work out. Power upgrades first, then add weight with jaw dropping sound.

Orion
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Thats interesting. I used to work at Atlantic Marine. Might have done some ship fitting on your boat. Yeah Jax Rc's not a bad field. I usually fly at Ed Austin park, but right now is soccer season there. It gets a little congested on the weekends and the fields are cluttered with soccer crap all over the place. Soccer should be ilegal in the U.S. It is downright un-American and interferes with my flying. Besides that I prefer flying my larger birds at the club field.
Without advertising to the world, my boats name, was similar to your screen name. I was finished up about two years ago. I'll let you figure it out
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine