HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:27 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
Dave, I checked HobbyPartz and the only 25C 3s Sky lipo that I could find listed is a 2650mah.

Bob
The 2200 25C 3S Sky Lipo is listed under "Hot Deals"

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77-2200mah-111-25c.html

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Last edited by pugsam; Jul 02, 2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: OCD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:10 AM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,187 Posts
I think xt60 are way easier to solder than deans
to prevent case melt, always plug the connector into another connector with wires attached, that will act as a heat sink and keep the pins aligned
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:52 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
I think xt60 are way easier to solder than deans
to prevent case melt, always plug the connector into another connector with wires attached, that will act as a heat sink and keep the pins aligned
I actually find deans easier to solder as well. all my stuff is deans.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:03 AM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,828 Posts
Vertical blenders...
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:18 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,552 Posts
Hmm... I bought the RCSpeedo app (I have an iPhone 4). But it wasn't so accurate for me. I tried some known samples and they came up between 6-10 mph slower than the Wavoscope readings. Murdo's 210 mph pass showed 204 on RCSpeedo.

On some of my slower planes it was between 8-10 mph slower than what Waveoscope showed. I'm kinda disappointed.
cjbucher is online now Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:28 AM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
Hmm... I bought the RCSpeedo app (I have an iPhone 4). But it wasn't so accurate for me. I tried some known samples and they came up between 6-10 mph slower than the Wavoscope readings. Murdo's 210 mph pass showed 204 on RCSpeedo.

On some of my slower planes it was between 8-10 mph slower than what Waveoscope showed. I'm kinda disappointed.
what settings did you use?
did you have the temp set?
fast pass or 100+?
seems to make a difference

also 6-10 out of 200 is 2-5%, not bad for $3.99
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:41 AM
Rocket geek
Highlands Ranch, CO
Joined Dec 2007
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I actually find deans easier to solder as well. all my stuff is deans.
Anybody know what the wire gauge is? I'm wondering if I could use my Anderson PowerPoles connector. No soldering, just crimping.
Adrian A is offline Find More Posts by Adrian A
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:50 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian A View Post
Anybody know what the wire gauge is? I'm wondering if I could use my Anderson PowerPoles connector. No soldering, just crimping.
I recommend you solder.
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:06 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian A View Post
Hmmm, even if they claim that it does allow for minimal contact resistance at high current, a simple 10 milliOhm extra resistance at 50amp is a 0.5 volt loss!!! So instead of 12.6V, you're already down to 12.1 volts. Crimping is never truly reliable... Solder is the way to go.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Last edited by RealGambler; Jul 02, 2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:58 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
what settings did you use?
did you have the temp set?
fast pass or 100+?
seems to make a difference

also 6-10 out of 200 is 2-5%, not bad for $3.99
I basically set the temp to match the temp it was when I made my passes. I tried Default and 100+ for my Funjet and Stryker passes. It seemed to be off by 8-10 mph for my passes that were between 90 and 116 mph and it was off only 6 mph for the 210 mph pass. That one I set to 24 C since I didn't know how hot it was for Murdo's Stryker pass.

But on lower speeds like around 60 it seemed way off. I was putting around with my Stryker this morning and did some 1/3 throttle passes that clearly looked slow and it said I was doing 80 - I know that wasn't 80 - maybe 45-50 mph. That was set to Default and detecting outside temp which it said was 21 C this morning.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:05 AM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post

I've found almost exactly the same thing. When I got 210mph (groundspeed, that is) in Hyperdyne, RCSpeedo came up with about 201mph.

I've also set my Doppler tripod camera right next to my phone with RCSpeedo so they heard exactly the same sound. Upon Doppler using the Hyperdyne standalone program, RCS also came up slower.

There are different calculations that can be used to compute Doppler, and most of it has to do with how temperature and humidity are accounted for.

I just plan to accept that the RCS reading will be a little slower than when I take the file home and click the lines myself.
Who knows which one is really more accurate...
RCSpeedo is great for a field reading and for applications where you don't need dead nutz accuracy, which is the case for most folks.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Last edited by murdnunoc; Jul 02, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:19 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
successful maiden an hour ago! the wing was only about 5mph, so i was too nervous to attempt a throttle off launch, so I had a friend with me who flies strykers and funjets all the time and he talked me into doing a 50% throttle launch, so that is what I did, and I am so used to my edf jets where I dont need to worry about throttle the second I throw that i forgot to bump up my throttle after I let go, and just gave it up elevator. it had a enough power to kind of hover there about 2 feet off the ground until my brain kicked in and I remembered to give it some throttle and off she went! I flew about 50% throttle most of the time to get a feel for it. never flown a pusher before. my expo definitely need adjusted. I was barely moving my sticks and it was reacting quick, and i was on low rates! never even tried high rates. rolls were still very fast on low. I love it!! Awesome flying plane. all stock, but used my gpower 2200mah 3 cell 30C battery. Landed perfectly smooth as well, not a scratch on it.

ok, here is my one problem, I know some of you are using Dx6i's.....my rudders are moving so far that they bend the vertical fins, so I went into my travel adjustment and went to rudder, and when I dialed it down to about 40%, it only effects my rudders going one direction. like if i pushed the stick right, it was now less travel, but if I push the stick left, its still going crazy far. ??? weird. any ideas as to why?
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:36 AM
Rocket geek
Highlands Ranch, CO
Joined Dec 2007
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Crimping is never truly reliable... Solder is the way to go.
Sorry for the tangent here, but it's actually the other way around. If you go to any industry that is serious about reliability --NASA human space flight, for example-- you'll find that crimped wire connections are the standard method and a soldered lap joint like you do with a Deans would not be allowed.
Adrian A is offline Find More Posts by Adrian A
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:41 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,481 Posts
Another DX6i question

Has anyone figured out how to setup F-27Q air brakes on the DX6i?

If so, could you share the how-to?

This was asked much earlier in this thread, but I haven't seen an answer.

I've been doing an imitation Su-27 cobra manuever to loose speed on final approach, but air brakes would be sweet!

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jul 02, 2011, 12:05 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc View Post
I've found almost exactly the same thing. When I got 210mph (groundspeed, that is) in Hyperdyne, RCSpeedo came up with about 201mph.

I've also set my Doppler tripod camera right next to my phone with RCSpeedo so they heard exactly the same sound. Upon Doppler using the Hyperdyne standalone program, RCS also came up slower.

There are different calculations that can be used to compute Doppler, and most of it has to do with how temperature and humidity are accounted for.

I just plan to accept that the RCS reading will be a little slower than when I take the file home and click the lines myself.
Who knows which one is really more accurate...
RCSpeedo is great for a field reading and for applications where you don't need dead nutz accuracy, which is the case for most folks.
Thanks for confirming that. Hopefully the author will make improvements with time.