HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I took the head off and the tail was solid. No twitching. I put the dampener plate on the gyro too and hooked the head back up and put the blades back on. Now the tail holds solid in normal mode and idle up 1 but at 100% throttle in idle up 2 the vibe is still there(not as bad so now I know its a vibration issues in the head) I put new flybar paddles on too after the crash. So I will put another set on and see how that goes.

Oh the pinion was tight!

I really need to get a good scale that weighs down to the hundredths of a gram so I can make sure everything is perfect
did you check your feathering shaft and main shaft. A slight bent would cause a wag. that happen to me on my first crash with my 400
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:03 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,413 Posts
Yeah I alway check those before I put them in and I just put them in. I have a slight bend it looks like on my flybar cage so when I go the the LHS to get new paddles I think I am going to get a new cage too. Its ever o slight (it might just be my eyes though) but why not replace it just to make sure
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:54 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Yeah I alway check those before I put them in and I just put them in. I have a slight bend it looks like on my flybar cage so when I go the the LHS to get new paddles I think I am going to get a new cage too. Its ever o slight (it might just be my eyes though) but why not replace it just to make sure
yeah i had one on my 250, when i had a bad blade strike. The main shaft had a very slight bent. I couldn't even feel it when i rolled the shaft on the glass. I replaced it anyway, and the wag disappeared.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:01 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,413 Posts
Since I have a few extra I will give it a shot(beats spending money at the LHS if I dont have to)
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:58 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
Sounds like youre using a HK401B. I had the exact same sort of problems. They did get a lot better when setting up in rate mode, I think.
I was just going to say...

Went out for a flight this arvo, and is it just me or do these thing feel WAY more stable in rate mode ? It seems to hover nicely in Rate mode and all over the place in HH.

the vibrations in the tail seem to be alot less in rate mode also.

I tested this tail drift thing and when snapping left or right rudder, in HH mode the heli will slowly drify back to where it was pointing. in Rate it doesnt drift at all.

Does this mean its a gyro problem ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:56 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,933 Posts
Is this the 250 or450?I fixed the problem in my 250 of drift, I had the ball on the horn too far out. In rate it worked fine but in HH it drifted . In the 250 find a horn that will put the ball at 5mm or less out, and setup like you normally would. It should be better after that.
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:44 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
no its a 450. Has only just started doing it.

I have also been whinging about a vibration in the tail for a while too. Doest really show that in Rate mode either. I have changed everything except feathering shaft. there is no vibration at all with out any main blades though...

I think all thats left is to do the gyro mod...as I have not yet done this.
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:43 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
no its a 450. Has only just started doing it.

I have also been whinging about a vibration in the tail for a while too. Doest really show that in Rate mode either. I have changed everything except feathering shaft. there is no vibration at all with out any main blades though...

I think all thats left is to do the gyro mod...as I have not yet done this.
Hey wade,not spoken for a while how are you finding your 450 after changing the rates and expo ?did you get it to feel nice and tame ?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:46 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,933 Posts
dont know , i gave up on tracing vibes and just built a new 20.00 kit . it could be anything making it vibrate.
on the gyro , did you try a thicker piece of foam under the gyro, or maybe 2 pc's .
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:56 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
dont know , i gave up on tracing vibes and just built a new 20.00 kit . it could be anything making it vibrate.
on the gyro , did you try a thicker piece of foam under the gyro, or maybe 2 pc's .
He says that he has no problem in rate mode so it cant be a fixing prob,,must be the gyro settings need tweeking for hh
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:32 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,933 Posts
its got to be the servo, i would try placing the rudder ball in more , it fixed it on my 250 as it vibrated back and forth in HH mode and not in rate . couldnt hurt to move the ball in a hole or 2 on the rudder horn .
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:05 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,201 Posts
losifanatic, you might want to check if the tail slider is binding when spooled up. Just disconnect from the tail servo and move by hand at target RPM. can also mean a bad bearing in a tail grip.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:10 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
ok MK, show me a recording with the sim speed set to 100% showing, with expos showing, stick movement, with 7 km winds! hah! for atleast 5 mins flight time. Am I asking too much?
Here is some inverted nose in that i have been learning and some flips that i do just to test my orientaton when going back into nose in.thanks for the software it is perfect
Inverted nose in and flips orientation practice for pitchp (2 min 22 sec)
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:11 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Here is some inverted nose in that i have been learning and some flips that i do just to test my orientaton when going back into nose in.thanks for the software it is perfect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atyUDgI_brY
I knew you'd like it.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:48 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,413 Posts
Ok guys I replaced the whole head and gears. Still have bad shak in the tail. The higher the head speed the more it shakes. So I diconnected the gyro from the heli and let it dangle while I had the heli in my hand. Spun it up and shack was gone. The only thing left is the motor. It spins fine by hand and doesnt seem to feel bad but thats all thats left. So I guess I am going to order a new motor and see how it goes