HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:14 AM
Old Timer
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2010
831 Posts
Discussion
E-Flight CL handle, lines, and reel

I bought a handle recently that has dual (actually quadruple, for locking) knurled knobs to adjust line length, top and bottom. I was surprised to get a wooden reel with lines on it, as well. They aren't usable as received, however.

There are small swivels at both ends of the lines. The handle has very light weight clips included, also unusable for anything larger than an .020, I would think. The size is good -- not as cramped as the old Philly's Hot Rock was, nor too large, like RSM's monster, either.

The reel looks good, although the lines appear very thick, something on the order of double the size of an 018 set.

I've always liked trying out different handles, although my favorite is George Aldrich's plastic one. If I still had all that I've bought, there would be a lot of them. De Hill collects handles, and has literally a hundred different kinds, I think he's said.

I haven't unrolled the extra-thick looking lines to see what length they are (not labelled, and the seller had never even mentioned that they were included).

Kiwi
The Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by The Kiwi
to remove ads between posts