HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:10 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
....they have to be FCC approved ; don't they ?.....
If you assume they are not using the mark ilegally, they appear to be FCC approved.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:56 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Quote:
....Try sending that question to Bettuzzi of the MAAC radio chairman and see what he has to say .
It appears Mark has weighed in on the subject. I wonder if there is a more up to date position.

http://www.maac.ca/docs/2010/2009_ra...rum_report.pdf
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:41 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
If you assume they are not using the mark ilegally, they appear to be FCC approved.
No the CE and the FC are for other than North America. The Fc is not the same as FCC . All radios for NA must " comply with part 15 of the FCC Rules and with the RSS-210 of Industry Canada . Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1) this device may not cause harmful interference and...
2) This device must accept any interference received , including interference that may cause undesired operation."

Which means if any problems on the transmitter's part or the receivers part that causes an accident or an airplane to go down could be open to a lawsuit and probably not be covered by AMA or MAAC insurance if so proven.... Is this worth the chance for your airplane or someone elses to crash ? Sorry not for me. this is obviouly why the offshore stuff is so cheap is that it has never been presented in NA to be checked out and approved. It's like driving your car without insurance... yes it may work but then when something happens it is then too late. Check your manual with the radio bought here and it is explained there .
stegl is online now Find More Posts by stegl
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:49 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,542 Posts
Quote:
It appears Mark has weighed in on the subject. I wonder if there is a more up to date position.

http://www.maac.ca/docs/2010/2009_ra...rum_report.pdf
Have just received a reply from Mark Betuzzi and no change to the stand that all radio/receiver systems must have a FCC or Canadian IC sticker on them.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Quote:
No the CE and the FC are for other than North America. The Fc is not the same as FCC....
It sure looks like an FCC logo to me. The logo here I just got from FCC.gov
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:33 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Have just received a reply from Mark Betuzzi and no change to the stand that all radio/receiver systems must have a FCC or Canadian IC sticker on them.
Good to know that the MAAC position is either FCC or IC. It makes sense since the standards are virtually identical.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:29 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,542 Posts
Quote:
It sure looks like an FCC logo to me. The logo here I just got from FCC.gov
Sorry but that does not hold water. the CE symbol is for european users but you will never find your fcc symbol used by the USA , FCC authority and in addition all FCC and IC approved radios must also have an approval number. Check the back of your current radio and you will find something like this ( numbers will vary with brand and model . this was taken off the back of my radio.
ie:
FCC ID L73-90100
IC : 7377A-90100

and my other radio shown as
FCC ID:L73-90405
IC:737A-90405

The first being my 10 channel and the second being my 5 channel radio. As you can see , each model is assigned a different approval number.. the Turnigy has none of this shown.

Would be great if you could supply a link to the FCC site were you got your info as all approvals must have the approval number. the Canadian testing is very similiar to the US and may be a slightly bit more stringent.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 03:15 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,897 Posts
Quote:
David can you check on the underside of the module in case there is an FCC number there. Number & Logo may be separated.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Apr 07, 2012, 04:40 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,542 Posts
Yes, that could be but a FCC or Canadian IC number must be on the transmitter or transmitter module in the case of removeable modules. If not then use at your own risk. The Chinese manufacturers seem to push the rules to suit but you would not see them export for retail sales in NA. When you buy and have it mailed it is actually a retail sales outlet and not the manufacturer that is selling.

To back this up I remember when the ATX SD-10G first come out there was an issue with the approval not being released and a whole semi trailer load of stuff was stuck at a warehouse in Los Angeles and wouldn't be released to Global Hobbies until the approval went through and the numbers issued. The guys that preordered sure were not happy about that.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 04:55 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
David can you check on the underside of the module in case there is an FCC number there. Number & Logo may be separated.
I don't have that radio. That is just a stock picture.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:19 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Vpoflysky002

Upon close examination I would say the Turnigy is a copy of the FlySky which does have FCC approval. I bet nobody with the Turnigy could find an FCC number on it.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
I sure am dying to get the twin in the air again. Will put some more stick time on the conversion plane I did this winter though first.

With lots of sim time this winter I noticed a big difference in the whole flying experience. I did not have the whole "butterflies in the stomach" going on. I felt confident and relaxed getting ready to go in the air. That in itself helped me concentrate in the important things.

Too bad I did not think about the little things today though as I got to the field with no memory card in the camera. Could have posted up about a dozen landings that went smooth as silk in a 15kmph 90 deg crosswind.

Once I feel a bit bored with the Kavalier it will be time to get the twin out. Should be a piece of cake now that I actually know how to land.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:22 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,855 Posts
Cool plane. Do you have a better pic of the wings graphics ?
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2012, 06:05 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Cool plane. Do you have a better pic of the wings graphics ?
Very nice for top to bottom contrast.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=23
Old Apr 08, 2012, 06:30 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,566 Posts
Has anyone tried "Crow" with the twin?