SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 09, 2013, 08:38 AM
United States, PA, Lansdale
Joined Feb 2012
197 Posts
New Product
Dynam F6F Hellcat 1270mm

Just bought this warbird from Nitroplanes and could not find much talk about it on the forum. Anybody else have this and what has been your experience. Jeff has done a nice build review and there is a flight review from Nitroplanes. Antonio gave the plane high praise but that is to be expected. What about this plane in the real world. Do the landing gear hold up? Does the Dynam TX have good range? Can it be flown off a good grass field? Antonio says this is Dynam best plane yet, do you agree? All rational comment would be appreciated.
Frank Arbaugh
arbfrank is offline Find More Posts by arbfrank
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2013, 08:58 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbfrank View Post
Just bought this warbird from Nitroplanes and could not find much talk about it on the forum. Anybody else have this and what has been your experience. Jeff has done a nice build review and there is a flight review from Nitroplanes. Antonio gave the plane high praise but that is to be expected. What about this plane in the real world. Do the landing gear hold up? Does the Dynam TX have good range? Can it be flown off a good grass field? Antonio says this is Dynam best plane yet, do you agree? All rational comment would be appreciated.
Frank Arbaugh
Here you go.......http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796388

LURCH
taz101 is offline Find More Posts by taz101
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:06 PM
Trees Are Stupid
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2013
3,935 Posts
Antonio and Pete must be related....they are obviously in sales and both would make good politicians. I don't even listen to them on review videos...I just watch their hands. You can tell a lot by why the do and the radio they are using....how they are flying. Look at things they AVOID doing when they know a model isn't capable of it.

Watched a video when the retracts had obviously failed but the cutting floor missed it. Heck I just started in this hobby too. I guess since I'm old I can spot a B.S. 'er a mile away.
BeavisUSMC is offline Find More Posts by BeavisUSMC
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
33 Posts
Outside of the landing gear, this plane is fantastic. The gear is awful, anything less then a 10/10 perfect landing and they bend. They also have a ridiculous amount of play in them. Outside of landing it though, a great flying plane. I bought the PnP version, so can't comment on the radio.
owdlvr is offline Find More Posts by owdlvr
Old Dec 30, 2013, 06:51 AM
Trees Are Stupid
Joined Sep 2013
3,935 Posts
PNP all the way for me!

Hey, just curious as to what battery guys are using with this bird before I buy it. I got a bunch of 2200mah 3s and I got a 3000mah 4s and a 3300mah 4s. Would any of these work or they wrong for this plane?

I got the 4s batteries for my Dynam Corsair BTW...everything else I own flys the 2200 3s.

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:27 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavisUSMC View Post
Antonio and Pete must be related....they are obviously in sales and both would make good politicians. I don't even listen to them on review videos...I just watch their hands. You can tell a lot by why the do and the radio they are using....how they are flying. Look at things they AVOID doing when they know a model isn't capable of it.

Watched a video when the retracts had obviously failed but the cutting floor missed it. Heck I just started in this hobby too. I guess since I'm old I can spot a B.S. 'er a mile away.
No there not related and none of them work for the company anymore. Pete quit and now works for AeroBeez and Antonio does his own thing
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:39 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavisUSMC View Post
PNP all the way for me!

Hey, just curious as to what battery guys are using with this bird before I buy it. I got a bunch of 2200mah 3s and I got a 3000mah 4s and a 3300mah 4s. Would any of these work or they wrong for this plane?

I got the 4s batteries for my Dynam Corsair BTW...everything else I own flys the 2200 3s.

Thanks
4S is recommended. I would not try to fly it on a 3S. I fly mine with a Zippy Compact 4000mAh 4S. Still seems a little tail heavy. I may need to add weight or put in a bigger motor.
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2013, 04:25 PM
Trees Are Stupid
Joined Sep 2013
3,935 Posts
You know, they were just doing their job.....I don't hold it against them. I couldn't have done it.

I'd be like, "Well pilots, I tried to fly this 800mm FMS P40 but its a pile."....OR...... "You will notice I'm using a different esc, motor, battery, and radio than the RTF comes with..."
Old Jan 01, 2014, 08:30 PM
Trees Are Stupid
Joined Sep 2013
3,935 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on this one....hope its as good as everybody says.

If it flies like my PZ T28 I will love it.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 01:38 PM
Semper Fi
United States, OR, Coos Bay
Joined Oct 2013
46 Posts
I don't have this bird but hear it's very good, there is, I understand, a drop in replacement retract system from Landers that is supposed to be top notch, I have no experience with it but that is what I have heard.
Batoutahell is offline Find More Posts by Batoutahell
Old Jan 05, 2014, 02:48 PM
Trees Are Stupid
Joined Sep 2013
3,935 Posts
Drop in price or drop in production?