HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2014, 11:26 PM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2008
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasislost View Post
I strapped on the 3542 NTM and did a hot lap landed and checked the motor and ESC...they almost burnt my hand so I took the 10x6 off put a 9x4.5 and wayyyy cooler and still flew great. Went out a mile and back for test..did crazy low through trees and then went .5 miles strait up and free fell in a steep dive and hit 87mph. Again ritewing knows what there doing with there wings....great job chris.
video or it didnt happen
aaron_gx is offline Find More Posts by aaron_gx
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2014, 02:17 PM
New Beeeeee
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasislost View Post
I strapped on the 3542 NTM and did a hot lap landed and checked the motor and ESC...they almost burnt my hand so I took the 10x6 off put a 9x4.5 and wayyyy cooler and still flew great. Went out a mile and back for test..did crazy low through trees and then went .5 miles strait up and free fell in a steep dive and hit 87mph. Again ritewing knows what there doing with there wings....great job chris.
Lol, that motor is a monster, I know and run them on my stuff. I would think it is over kill for a ZII, kinda heavy. And yes, need video
RUBNorris is online now Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Oct 02, 2014, 07:11 PM
Joined Oct 2014
3 Posts
8000 4S FPV Platform

Thought I might step out of the shadows are share our custom 80004S FPV/Battery platform. We put our heads together a while back and decided to design our own version which addressed the issues that we were finding with the current available setups. And the best part is the CG is spot on, there’s need to add any extra weight
We made three versions to accommodate Hero3, Hero3 Hard Case and Hero2. The Hero 3 Hard Case uses the Helmet Mount without the need to glue or damage it and allow the camera to Pivot 90deg
TMP243 is offline Find More Posts by TMP243
Old Oct 02, 2014, 07:35 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,248 Posts
Nicely done, how much for the hard case GP3 version? Do you have any pics of the tray installed? Also, is the hard case version far enough back to not enter into the FPV camera view?
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Old Oct 02, 2014, 08:24 PM
Joined Oct 2014
3 Posts
All three platforms are $50AU ($44US at todays exchange rate). The GP Hard Case does not enter FPV field of view, unless it's facing downwards & it's only the very edge.
Our test Zephyr II was a pre built ebay purchase (which had seen some rough times) so please excuse the colour combination (not our choice). We have made a few minor changes to the platform to the one which is shown in the photos.
For GP Hard Case you need to supply your own helmet mount which is included with all GoPro's new. We include a conversion kit to allow it to be mounted to the platform. The Kit includes everything else needed, such as the velcro for batteries/GoPro and rare earth magnets.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 03:27 PM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Please can you tell me how I can order one of these gopro3 mounts and 8000mah battery bays. This is a fantastic idea and initiative
Thekidfrankie is offline Find More Posts by Thekidfrankie
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:23 PM
Joined Oct 2014
3 Posts
PM Sent