HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:55 PM
POLAND/Warsaw
Joined Apr 2009
15 Posts
Idea
in-flight and after-flight statistics

Hi,

I have EagleTree set for a while, and here are the things I miss. Is it possible to add something new to OSD software?
- present climbrate Cbr as meters per second - i am using metric units, but climb rate Cbr is presented as feet per minute (60, 120, 180 etc) - it would be nice to have possibility to switch it to meters per second
- add "total distance traveled" as a OSD parameter that can be added to OSD page, to let the pilot know the distance traveled
- add "total distance traveled" after-flight-statistic
- show all of the summary statistics as text list in the center of the screen. This after-flight-stats could be displayed to the time of switching Menu-switch (previous OSD page returns after switching), and this list would be presented for OSD parameters selected in such a way that the after-flight-stats list is never show during normal flight (e.g. Amps < 1, Low speed < 1, Low alt < 20)

Regards,
Szymon
strejla_u is offline Find More Posts by strejla_u
Last edited by strejla_u; Jul 13, 2013 at 03:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:00 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
456 Posts
Szymon,

We're adding your suggestion to our "feature request" list which our product development team reviews regularly for prioritization of future development projects.
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2013, 03:34 AM
POLAND/Warsaw
Joined Apr 2009
15 Posts
Another statistic that can be added is total hours spent in the air by airplane, from the beginning of creating model in ET application. It would help to identify wear of some elements (servos, motor, propeller etc)

PS. Have ET ever implemented any one of all the functionalities proposed by users?
strejla_u is offline Find More Posts by strejla_u
Last edited by strejla_u; Oct 13, 2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 08:11 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
In my experience ET has implimented EVERY generally applicable feature requested by users, and most of the ones that are valuable only to a smaller subset (check the list of sensors for examples). And they've managed to do it at reasonable prices without going out of business.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares