HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:24 AM
What's the weather?
Joined Nov 2012
58 Posts
Help!
First quad build

Hey,
I would like to get a fpv quad frame. Here are my details.
Experience
I have two planes, my current one a four channel trainer. I am quite good at flying. I have a Syma x1. I have had it for many months, and am competent at flying with all four channels.
Requirements
I would like a fairly inexpensive frame to build. It should be able to carry a gopro. (I have a hero 2). I do not mind what type of frame. (X or H).

I have found two, and am not sure which is better.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...unt_585mm.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ame_550mm.html

If you prefer one, I would be glad to know!

Cheers,
Leg0er
leg0er is offline Find More Posts by leg0er
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2013, 01:42 PM
What's the weather?
Joined Nov 2012
58 Posts
I will go for the SX450 with dead cat conversion, don't reply.
leg0er is offline Find More Posts by leg0er
Old Jun 18, 2013, 09:16 PM
ocp
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
this may blow your budget but I bought hobbyking frames and others (now about 5). my favorite for FPV by far right now I bought about 70% parts from hobbyking and felt I kept parts price low comparing to others buying fancy motors. I bought the hobbyking NTM 1200kv motors for $15, the 30amp esc f. $8, flashed them with SImonK (tools from hobbyking at $25 or so), props APC seem to be cheap and strong. I carry a gopro 2 and 3, even the 3 in full protection in the event of a crash very well and the thing goes fast! Really nice frame. I bought the CC3D openpilot controller for $98 having spent $400+ on my NAza before and I like the CC3D better, kind of like a sports car in comparison and sooo much cheaper. The frame I bought the QAV400 f. $165 or so but I tell you, its survived several crashes with minor repairs, didn't even break and arm yet! (knock on wood!). Vibration free compared to most of my other frames. see examples on my youtube channel that I have been putting together as I am enjoying the fun with this hobby now. You can see in the video's my descriptions and often experiences. From there you can also reach me if you're curious about more. http://www.youtube.com/ocptube
a video example using this setup:
FPV | Carved Roads (5 min 14 sec)
ocp is offline Find More Posts by ocp