SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:20 AM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
984 Posts
Mine will be here today

I'll post pics and a vid later. Now need to think of an excuse to leave work early
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:49 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
I am so curious as to what Romeo was on about that I ordered 2 V202s from our supplier. May do a review of it here or something, we'll see
It better be as good as you say it is, MO! :P

@BD: I am feeling your pain, it's -4 degrees F here... and whenever I fly for more than a few minutes my joints start to feel like they're freezing up...
I HATE THE COLD! (AND THE SHORT FLIGHT TIME IT BRINGS!!!!)
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Mar 2011
83 Posts
Its been a while since I've been on the scene and it looks like things have improved in the past year quite a bit. My plan was to by a v949 and v911 BNF to get an inexpensive start, but I'm pretty sure now I'd be much happier with a v202.

I know its hard predict the future, but it seems like lots of folks here are in with industry. Think the v202 controller might be the new WLToys standard, and a compatible V911 might follow soon?

Also, any thoughts on how a v202 would fly with a V929 battery? Long flight time or silly idea?
drko is offline Find More Posts by drko
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:03 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Even though the V911 is immensely succesful, we felt its time in the limelight is fading which is why we didn't bother stocking it. EVERY single customer that sees ANY of our quads when we go out to shows are completely amazed. My favorite stunt (other than flips) is going as high as I can to where I can barely make out orientation on a windy day and slowly real her back in.

They sell themselves and micro quads are so much more versatile than fixed pitch micros. I don't know if the V911 will switch protocols. People really are sold on the FlySky compatibility and I don't think they'd ruin a good thing on an existing product.

My Turingy 600's fit in the bay of the V202 but it weighs a portly 16 grams. I don't see much improvement due to the added weight.

An update on the V202 battery. It weighs about 8.5 grams vs the Mini Pet's 8 and is about 1/10" wider. We're trying to get some stock to use as our standard battery.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Dec 2001
984 Posts
Ready for Lots of test flights

Fantastic service from Massive as always!!

Flight vids coming as soon as the sun comes out...

bruce
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Great news Bruce! Was packing sufficient? Any way you see to improve it without killing too many trees (other than being professional looking)?
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Dec 2001
984 Posts
Packing was perfect. You are my #1 mini-quad shop. I need to get something for my 7yr old Grandson. He has finally destroyed his MQX. Do you suggest a Mini-Pet or a V202? He's in Ohio so most flying will be indoors.

Thanks for all the PERFECT SERVICE and PRODUCTS !!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Thanks Bruce, I would have to say the Mini Pet for indoors for someone who's never flown before. You're not going to push it to its limits indoors and not even the v202 can beat the Mini Pet yellow color scheme for orientation and visibility. It has excellent hands-off hovering, which is really important to first-time flyers. If he has flown before, then the V202 becomes more viable as throttle control should already be learned and the V202 is very, very precise.

I do recommend the zip-tie mod for beginners to make your own prop guards. I recommend this over foam EPO guards because beginners can fly the quad more closely to how it would fly without the guards.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:03 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
When expecting a package from USPS my three favorite words to see on the tracking site are....'OUT FOR DELIVERY'.

Should have it me hands anytime now...
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Dec 2001
984 Posts
Here's my maiden flight outside. 15-20mph winds. This is looking like it's going to be my favorite quad

V202 Maiden Outside (2 min 13 sec)
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Very nice Bruce, how would you compare it to your X4?

Weather Channel report for Gainesville GA: http://www.weather.com/weather/right...s&cm_ite=today
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:10 PM
Smoke em' if you got em'
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
Hey MO, as you can see from my post count, I don't post often. But, I just wanted to say it's a pleasure doing business with you. My V202 arrived today and everything was good to go. No problems whatsoever. Thanks.......

Lester H.
ifly504 is offline Find More Posts by ifly504
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Ifly, is this your first quad? If not what others do you own an how does it compare?
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
Smoke em' if you got em'
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Thanks for chiming in Ifly, is this your first quad? If not what others do you own an how does it compare?
I have a ladybird, and a 929 already. The v202 flies very nice. It's no ladybird (although very similar), but I think that's more a function of the TX than the quad itself. Me likey very much.....
ifly504 is offline Find More Posts by ifly504
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Sep 2010
74 Posts
Mine arrived today, everything in excellent condition. Thanks MO, the charger was loose with the radio but everything taped down was AOK. I would try to wrap the radio in newspaper or bubble wrap and secure it so it doesn't bounce around in the box just as a bit of improvement for shipping but not a complaint, just fyi. Took me a bit to figure out the startup proceedure but once that was completed and the calibration process done on a level surface it flies great. It's pretty busy in a smaller area but in larger spaces it's right at home. I run 8 packs through it now and get about 8 min flight time. Rudder response/speed is quite slow compared to the MQX and the QR1 but not a big deal. I haven't ran on 80% yet so that may be much better there, I run 60% in my garage and that is perfect for that area (26x26)
Can't wait to get it outside but it's snowing here at the moment so that will have to wait.

All in all though very pleased, thank you MO...
Jakk is offline Find More Posts by Jakk