HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Nov 2011
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi

I have a page of tips that I have loaded on my website. http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964 you will see it under tips.

One of the tips is not to use that soft sponge. You have to hard mount it.

Cheers
Rob
Thanks guys @Rod, Andre. Yes though as much, just wasn't sure how sensitive this IMU is.

Just a few other questions before I power it up. My throttle lever is on the right so to arm I hold it in normal V configuration or inverted V?

Is there any issue to mount the IMU directly on top of the MC Box? ( see photos of setup http://diydrones.com/photo/photo/lis...=30c2pkju7afae)

"Enable Insurance" What is that? Fail safe?

When I click "Init setup" what is happening? I don't see anything? (using PC GCS)

How can I see if the RC is properly calibrated?

How can I stop the default location going to YSs test field in Beijing?

With the "new" USB cable, Can I plug this directly into one of the data modules to connect it to the GCS software? If I can this means I can use internet live while using the GCS and flying. (No Wifi needed for connection then)

Is it ok to leave all the red wire connected to all the ESC sockets going to the MC unit? I see on the Alishanmao's YouTube tutorial he briefly mentions to disconnect all except one. But there isn't anything in the manual on this so assume this isn't necessary?

Are we able to connect any other sensors such as sonar or optic sensors?
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Last edited by SkippyTBK; Oct 15, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:14 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Just a few other questions before I power it up. My throttle lever is on the right so to arm I hold it in normal V configuration or inverted V?
Throttle and rudder on right?

Is there any issue to mount the IMU directly on top of the MC Box? ( see photos of setup http://diydrones.com/photo/photo/lis...=30c2pkju7afae)
Should be ok there

used for auto take off. Don't touch for now

When I click "Init setup" what is happening? I don't see anything? (using PC GCS)
Used for throttle calibration. You have to be in manual mode for it to have any effect. GCS should show "Init setup". Do not fly in this condition.

Move the sticks. Manual servo position/R/A/E should not exceed +-40. Throttle, < 90

You can't

With the "new" USB cable, Can I plug this directly into one of the data modules to connect it to the GCS software? If I can this means I can use internet live while using the GCS and flying. (No Wifi needed for connection then)
I don't have a modem but I don't see why not. You do not need a live connection to use the map. You do have to cache the area you are flyinf and not close the PC GCS down.

Is it ok to leave all the red wire connected to all the ESC sockets going to the MC unit? I see on the Alishanmao's YouTube tutorial he briefly mentions to disconnect all except one. But there isn't anything in the manual on this so assume this isn't necessary?
Disconnect all the red wires from ECS. Some ECS can fry. Power to RX is supplied from the FC

Current sensor. RPM. It holds pretty well without sonar
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:16 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Yswifi.exe file is in var/stash/Applications.nGPD7P folder with all other xxx.app folders (including Cydia.app !!!)
Not any "app" on var/mobile/Applications folder...
That should be right path. If you go root folded and /applictions/ it goes to same folder. But you should not have yswifi.exe there as it is windows software, you should find yswifi.app.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:17 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
I don't have an iOS device so am now guessing.
Do they have microSD cards installed?
No sd card installed on the Ipad...
On Android, either the sd card is in or not, I can found the hj folder....
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Nov 2011
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Throttle and rudder on right?

Should be ok there

used for auto take off. Don't touch for now

Used for throttle calibration. You have to be in manual mode for it to have any effect. GCS should show "Init setup". Do not fly in this condition.

Move the sticks. Manual servo position/R/A/E should not exceed +-40. Throttle, < 90

You can't

I don't have a modem but I don't see why not. You do not need a live connection to use the map. You do have to cache the area you are flyinf and not close the PC GCS down.

Disconnect all the red wires from ECS. Some ECS can fry. Power to RX is supplied from the FC

Current sensor. RPM. It holds pretty well without sonar
Thanks Westie. yes correct throttle and yaw on the right. I persisted with it on the left for ages but found I have much better control with this configuration having it on the right side.

I think its because i find for multirotor copters the altitude adjustment using the throttle and heading using yaw are quite critical and need quite accurate controls compared to flying a fixed wing which is where the throttle and rudder on the left comes from.
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:12 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
In that case you arming will be
\ / instead of / \
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:49 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Hi all,
which jailbreak software do you use ?
Maybe my folders problem comes from bad jailbreak...(I use absinthe-win-2.0.4 on Ipad and redsnow on Iphone)
Maximus
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:12 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Hello
Just one stupid question.
How works the RTH? The point home initializes during the connection of the battery, or it is necessary to validate a function in the gcs? and witch fonction?

cordially for your help.
Cédric
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:59 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverre View Post
Hello
Just one stupid question.
How works the RTH? The point home initializes during the connection of the battery, or it is necessary to validate a function in the gcs? and witch fonction?

cordially for your help.
Cédric
the system will automatically capture home position when enough satellites are locked, the process takes a bit of time after you connect the battery. You can also override the home position by clicking on the home position button in the GCS, the system will then record the updated position as the new home position.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:00 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Hi all,
which jailbreak software do you use ?
Maybe my folders problem comes from bad jailbreak...(I use absinthe-win-2.0.4 on Ipad and redsnow on Iphone)
Maximus
maximus, try to update your GCS to the latest version. The older version had a bug that caused the ipad not to store HJ files.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:13 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Has anyone used a Samsung Galaxy with android 4.0.4 on it to fly waypoints?
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Has anyone used a Samsung Galaxy with android 4.0.4 on it to fly waypoints?
I have samsung andriod 4.0.4 but im unable to edit waypoints then program quits. Dont know whats wrong other people do have sucsess with it.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:24 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
I have samsung andriod 4.0.4 but im unable to edit waypoints then program quits. Dont know whats wrong other people do have sucsess with it.
Thats why I am trying to find out who is using that software because I know of 1 other person that is having problems and it might be linked to the fact that they are using the Galaxy Note.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:50 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
maximus, try to update your GCS to the latest version. The older version had a bug that caused the ipad not to store HJ files.
Damned !!!

ps: I remember yesterday I was online with ZHANG and update with latest version and it was the same bad result
"but" if I put the app on var/mobile/Applications/ folder, program doesn't work (no other app file in this folder) and if I put in /var/stash/applications.Gnd7n (or something like that) where all the app are, GCS works perfectly...but no Hj folder or file....
The "extention" of Applications folder makes me thinking that something is wrong....
Last edited by maximus-rc; Oct 16, 2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: ps...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Right cell-number set in parameters?
I think that problem should come from batteries...
I sold original 6000mAh 35C KYPOM to my client and after a ten of flights (one pair in parallel for each flight), 3 packs on 8 became completely dead (one cell at 0volt on each pack) and 2 others are very unbalanced.
I saw a cell dropping at 1.2V on the QUANUM (at the end of flight) while other was at 3.55V.
I can presume that during the "last" flight, on cell died suddenly and make the FC go on "fast" auto-crash...
Client has few "alerts" before he crashed.
And big problem happened after a full power one minute climbing...
Total flight from take off to crash-landing was only 113sec...
Fortunately he could open parachute....only 3 arms broken.... and the 1500€ stabilised zoom lens !!!!

And cherry on the cake, no hj file !!!

Maximus