HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:35 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I went out today and tested the quad on the other frame. The signal was much, much better taping the antennas to the two arms to keep a bit of space between them. I also change the timing to medium on all escs. I think is the middle setting just to see if that would help, I really didn't notice any difference from this setting. I also changed the prop spin to 11 instead of the default 10. I noticed that if I'm below the middle stick, then the motors stopped so I needed to make sure I kept that in the middle or higher. This worked better once I figure that out. All other settings are on their defaults for the board. The only problem I had was when I moved the aileron quick from one side to the other, then the quad flipped on me again. I was on a hover and now I'm wondering what would cause a sudden move of the sticks to make it flip? So it looks like I'm still having a similar problem, but at least I now know it's not my esc's so the only two items left are the board or motors as those are the only parts I have not changed. I also noticed that if I used the kill switch I set up on the throttle switch like a heli, it screwed up the board. I had to reset the escs to make all motors work together again, so I'm trying not to use that. I just wanted to add extra safety to it, but I found this out.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:40 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
yes...i have tried all of them and non of them work...when i run the serial version this is what i get...
So it certainly looks like the system can't find the java exec. Interestingly the only "java" file that I find on my computer is in Windows/System32.

UPDATE (in case someone finds this later), in the clarity of morning I *do* have 64 bit java installed (just wasn't looking properly last night). As I recall, that was important. I still think there was some "path" type thing I set, but I'm not finding something that seems "right" at the moment. I am happy it's still working.

OK, maybe it *is* in my path. FWIW, here is what is in mine.

Code:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\jZip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\
Does your path have the %SystemRoot%\system32 entry in there? Basically the path is a list of places, separated by the ; (semi-colen), that it will look for executables.

Anyway, I got to my path following the instructions in the FAQ to here.

In the interests of completeness, attached is my equivalent of your failed screen.

All the best.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Last edited by Banjo5; Feb 02, 2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: I was WRONG about 64 Bit
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:44 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPiantanida View Post
Where are the flash tool files located? Are they all in the same folder? I have mine in a folder in My Documents.

The jave.exe resides in the windows system32 folder which is one of the default paths. Your error seems to be saying it can't find one of the flash tool files.

And I run kkMulticopterFlashTool.cmd under Windows 8 64-bit and it works for me even after upgrading java recently.
Obviously it's well past my bedtime ... yup it's seeing java, not the jarfile. Mine are all in a directory off the desktop (FWIW).

I wish I could recall what it was that I changed, maybe it was the path, but I don't think so ... everything in there looks pretty standard.

Over and Out.
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:52 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,422 Posts
do you think i cant run this cause i cant access the jar file??

Ok here is what i get when i open the non serial flash tool:
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Last edited by SDSURFnGLIDE; Feb 01, 2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:52 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
You can always just uninstall whatever is installed, reboot and install it again. Not sure if this helps as I have not read the whole thing you asked, but I had something similar and I think I ended up just using my old xp machine, that worked fine. I still have not bother with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
Obviously it's well past my bedtime ... yup it's seeing java, not the jarfile. Mine are all in a directory off the desktop (FWIW).

I wish I could recall what it was that I changed, maybe it was the path, but I don't think so ... everything in there looks pretty standard.

Over and Out.
Andrew
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:00 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,422 Posts
Quote:

Over and Out.
Andrew
ok..well thanks for trying....maybe if i just hit my computer with a hammer it might work....i hate computers...but we cant live without them now can we...i will keep trying...im off to drink some beers and clear my head...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:07 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
7,025 Posts
I noticed your title window does,nt show you as administrator
will that make a difference?
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:16 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
I noticed your title window does,nt show you as administrator
will that make a difference?
My user has administrator rights
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:23 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehine View Post
I just got my tricopter going. Can you do complete flips with the 1.5 firmware or do you have to use a acro version of firmware?
You probably won't see this answer amongst the java path posts but if you do manage to find it, you'll be fine flipping and rolling as long as you have self level turned off. Practise with lots of height and increase stick scaling to make the throws more reactive. Stock settings should work with height.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:28 AM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
883 Posts
What does KK2 use for derivative setting?

I'm moving from KK2 to multiwii and I'm wanting to start off with KK2 "feel" before slowly tuning in proper values. multiwii had a very high default setting, 15, for D. When I turned it to 10 it had rapid oscillations as if P was too high. so i'm not sure if I should just lower P, or keep the default D
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:36 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I went out today and tested the quad on the other frame. The signal was much, much better taping the antennas to the two arms to keep a bit of space between them. I also change the timing to medium on all escs. I think is the middle setting just to see if that would help, I really didn't notice any difference from this setting. I also changed the prop spin to 11 instead of the default 10. I noticed that if I'm below the middle stick, then the motors stopped so I needed to make sure I kept that in the middle or higher. This worked better once I figure that out. All other settings are on their defaults for the board. The only problem I had was when I moved the aileron quick from one side to the other, then the quad flipped on me again. I was on a hover and now I'm wondering what would cause a sudden move of the sticks to make it flip? So it looks like I'm still having a similar problem, but at least I now know it's not my esc's so the only two items left are the board or motors as those are the only parts I have not changed. I also noticed that if I used the kill switch I set up on the throttle switch like a heli, it screwed up the board. I had to reset the escs to make all motors work together again, so I'm trying not to use that. I just wanted to add extra safety to it, but I found this out.
You need to sort out your throttle range, so that zero throttle is off and motors start just above zero.
Maybe you need to adjust the Min throttle setting in the KK2 menu.

Moving Aileron stick full one way will make it roll over if you have a decent Stick scaling value and Self Level off , how else do you think you can do rolls and flips.

Are you sure your motors are capable of spinning an 11 inch prop, did you use a smaller pitch on the 11 inch to compensate for extra load on the motor.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:37 AM
***** on a stick
United Kingdom, England, Solihull
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Grimm View Post
Maidened my first tricopter today and it was a big succsess
It flies perfectly stable and also able to do some 3D moves!!
I Thank you KK for bringing so much joy to my life!!

Video of build setup and maiden flight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KcB3oOvijk

Nice! That tri is pretty slick. Wish I had the courage to flip my tricopter.
seibernator is offline Find More Posts by seibernator
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:21 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad007 View Post
What does KK2 use for derivative setting?
There is no derivative setting in the kk2 as it's not used. I guess you set your fc to zero for the D parameter.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:02 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Did you re-select the right model type after you upgraded the FW? Failing to do that seems to be a common source of problems. A.
Off course, this is what i did,

Quadrotor X selected
Esc Calibration Done again
Gyro Calibration done

PI Editor Pitch & Roll
P Gain 40
P Limit 30
I Gain 25
I Limit 20

PI Editor Yaw
P Gain 50
P Limit 20
I Gain 50
I Limit 10

Stick Scaling
Roll 30
Pitch 30
Yaw 50
Throttle 90

Min throttle 10
Height Dampening 0
Height D Limit 30

Self Level Settings
P Gain 80
P Limit 20
ACC Roll:0
ACC Pitch:0

I think that is a 1.5fw problem becouse i was using without problem the 1.2fw version.
Could be that the gyros are too sensitive at fast accelerations?

Someone using the KK with 1.5 in ACRO mode to do flips?
I can't.. i can't push my throttle up fast to take velocity to act a flip or the Quad crash like it lost 2 motors or something like that.
Overcompensation?
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Last edited by Brombo; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:22 AM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
essais ša

pour le logiciel kkmulticopterflashtool il faut copier du repertoire lib puis du repertoire EX:win64 le fichier rxtxSerial.dll dans le repertoire kkmulticopterflashtool
jpfefe is offline Find More Posts by jpfefe