Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:08 AM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Help please !
Could somebody check value of the resistor R4 on KK2 board.
It's located on left-hand upper corner of PCB and missing on my semi-dead board.
I've just noticed that component U6 is also missing
I measured R4 as a 101.2 ohm resistor.
I don't know what U6 is.
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:23 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRaLeSD View Post
Hello!!!! I am happily announce that I had the 2nd and greater flight that the first! I got with my Tricopter,

RCTimers BC2836/11 750kv
10x4.5 APC
30Amp RCTimers ESCs with Simonk
4s 5000 Zippy Compact

11 minutes of normal flightwith cells on 3.85. I used the stock settings from the KK2.0 with Self Level ON. My only problem is that when I reduce the throttle to make the Tricopter come down, is not coming that stable. Its like it feels that is going to flip or something and is correcting really fast. I know that I should adjust the gains but I don't really know what settings I need to adjust.
Reduce your Roll/Pitch I and Limit to see is it helps, coming down through your own prop wake and wind are worst case scenarios.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:37 AM
^(_MăĻēŜĐ_)^ ЯuĽe U
Greece, Attica, Elefsina
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Reduce your Roll/Pitch I and Limit to see is it helps, coming down through your own prop wake and wind are worst case scenarios.
My props are APC and strong generally and there was no wind today at all. I will try tomorrow to reduce the gains and i will say again! Thanks!!!!!
MoRaLeSD is offline Find More Posts by MoRaLeSD
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:05 AM
Specializing in RC since 1972
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrobphoto View Post
I would LOVE to be able to fly at a fixed height and that bugs me but without a barometer that's impossible.

Ted Northwich Cheshire UK
Height dampening is designed to help with that.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:14 AM
^(_MăĻēŜĐ_)^ ЯuĽe U
Greece, Attica, Elefsina
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
Height dampening is designed to help with that.
It helps you fly in a stable no throttle up down all the time?????? My Tri can only go UP or DOWN not hover stable. 1 click of Throttle goes UP and 1 click down of throttle goes DOWN...

Minimum Throttle: 0
Height Dampening: 0
Height D. Limit : 30

Where they should be?
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:17 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crezzee View Post
Does anyone know how to contact Rolf - Kapteinkuk, he does not accept private messages on here, or any other software experts (Mike Barton) able to help me with this issue?
Of course the mechanical way would be to mount your mount at 45 degrees.

The source is in assembler, but even so, there are places where he rotates pairs of servos 45 degrees (v-tail, elevon) to use as examples.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
It helps you fly in a stable no throttle up down all the time?????? My Tri can only go UP or DOWN not hover stable. 1 click of Throttle goes UP and 1 click down of throttle goes DOWN...

Minimum Throttle: 0
Height Dampening: 0
Height D. Limit : 30

Where they should be?
Height dampening is autonomous feathering of the throttle based on AccZ ( gravity ). I would start with 10 and go up only if you need to since this will inhibit intentional changes in height/speed as much as unintentional changes in heigh/speed. Very high settings will make hovering easy, but may seriously "soften" throttle response.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:45 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanquy View Post
Hi guys :
I have a Hallstudio Tricopter version and I want to change my motor layout I have already the cables switched( from ESC to Motors) but I was wondering I have to change something in the Mixer Editor Menu in my KK2. I should ? Any help will be appreciated

thanks a have a nice weekend
jc
Help!
I, perhaps we, don't understand why you would need to do that. Simply swap where the ESC's plug in the KK2 to make what you have work correctly.

Yes, in the mixing editor there are numbers, and some have negative signs. To swap the left and right motors on a tri you swap the numbers, but then the gyros and transmitter sticks are backwards and would need to be reversed also? PI Editor for the gyros? Will it accept the required negative sign for aileron? Stick scaling for the transmitter sticks. Will it accept the required negative sign for aileron?
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crezzee View Post
So my question is can you modify the gimbal part of the code to output channels 7 & 8 in differential mode so i can remove the cheap low resolution mixer and have smooth servos?
Cheers Ian
Very curious, can you post a pic and give me a few details on how "differential" mode might work? I might be able to at least determine level of effort to change the code.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:49 AM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Help please !

Could somebody check value of the resistor R4 on KK2 board.

It's located on left-hand upper corner of PCB and missing on my semi-dead board.

I've just noticed that component U6 is also missing
Often, 1 or 2 components are "optional" and get left out as the mfg tries to cut costs.

Have you verified that other pictures of the board actually have these components in place?

I sure hope that HobbyKing isn't shipping a batch of rejects now. I wouldn't put it past them...
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:58 AM
^(_MăĻēŜĐ_)^ ЯuĽe U
Greece, Attica, Elefsina
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Height dampening is autonomous feathering of the throttle based on AccZ ( gravity ). I would start with 10 and go up only if you need to since this will inhibit intentional changes in height/speed as much as unintentional changes in heigh/speed. Very high settings will make hovering easy, but may seriously "soften" throttle response.
I see, maybe this is why I have to make my finger up/down/up/down/up/down to keep it in my height hahahaha, was really annoying.... For the other matter, that when it comes downwards fast is doing this crazy behavior? Ahhh and one other thing. When I throttle very fast when it hovers, it goes up fast but not vertical. Some motors spins faster and is making a very awkward rising.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
I see, maybe this is why I have to make my finger up/down/up/down/up/down to keep it in my height hahahaha, was really annoying.... For the other matter, that when it comes downwards fast is doing this crazy behavior? Ahhh and one other thing. When I throttle very fast when it hovers, it goes up fast but not vertical. Some motors spins faster and is making a very awkward rising.
Not every motor is perfect and when you WOT you have little control bandwidth left for changes in pitch and roll.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:05 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothercliff View Post
Often, 1 or 2 components are "optional" and get left out as the mfg tries to cut costs.
Have you verified that other pictures of the board actually have these components in place?
I sure hope that HobbyKing isn't shipping a batch of rejects now. I wouldn't put it past them...
I just got one that was ordered on 11/20/12 and it has these components.
All 3 of mine do!
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:07 PM
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,135 Posts
Quote:
My only problem is that when I reduce the throttle to make the Tricopter come down, is not coming that stable. Its like it feels that is going to flip or something and is correcting really fast. I know that I should adjust the gains but I don't really know what settings I need to adjust.
One of the problems with any helicopter is rapid vertical decent. The heli gets caught in it's own downwash, a little off to one side and it tilts a lot. It will always be off to one side.

Adjust your P gain (aileron / elevator = roll / pitch) up or down to see what makes it better. I am guessing that you need to increase your P gain, but if you increase it too much, you will get oscillation. The way to increase it more without oscillation is to flash your ESC's with SimonK.

If you see oscillations in fast forward flight (or in wind) you need to reduce the P gain.

Here is a video about tuning your gains:
Hobbyking's KK2: QUICK START TUNING GUIDE (4 min 9 sec)
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:08 PM
^(_MăĻēŜĐ_)^ ЯuĽe U
Greece, Attica, Elefsina
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Is there any thread or tutorial to explain all these settings? There are so many and I don't know what all these do. P-I Gain and Limit, Stick Scaling, H Damp(know that now), H D.Limit, Mixer Editor. Pffff confusing.......